Windows 10: Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house.

Discus and support Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tested my PC on a wired connection and it worked fine. Can't realistically use it because I don't have a long enough ethernet cable to get to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WillJSpearman, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house.

I tested my PC on a wired connection and it worked fine. Can't realistically use it because I don't have a long enough ethernet cable to get to my room.

I have tried turning off power management.

:)

WillJSpearman, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house. :) Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Titan Win User
    Wireless connection randomly drops

So i currently have a MSI GT80 running killer wireless 1525 network adapter and am constantly seeing network drops to the point where i get an exclamation mark over my wireless icon and no activity. Connection shows connected but no speed, only until i manually disconnect and reconnect. This has been happening since earlier this week after having the laptop off for a couple days and i'm sure some updates came in from Microsoft.

Steps I've taken already to resolve this:

1. Uninstalled killer wireless software suite and installed stand alone killer driver
    2. Refreshed the PC with clean windows 10 install
    3. All drivers are up to date including BIOS
    4. Ran ccleaner along with registry side of it
    5. Memtest shows no errors
    6. Hard drives show no errors
    7. Connected to LAN and no drops all day

I'm not sure what else to check as this is a fairly new laptop bought back in march and doing some searching on google showed some posts about people with the same issues (different laptops/hardware) thinking it was related to Windows 10.

This has me thinking a recent update is causing it..

any other things i can try please?

Titan, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Hannelore Win User

Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house.

Project connect to wireless device issue

Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Thanks :Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house. :)

Hannelore, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house.

1. Wireless connection dropping every 5-10 seconds. Only happening to my device in the house. - Similar Threads - Wireless connection dropping

2. Frequent drops or intermittent wireless connections for 5 years in Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent drops or intermittent wireless connections for 5 years in Windows 10 and 11: Hi. I have a WIFI speed drop issue. Please Watch these two videos to understand better:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q_3M_fF1DelcoegtJbfLefuyhmEYBjlkas you see speed drop 30kb/s, I have to select WIFI icon to search all around and it will fix.it happens randomly and...
  3. Network connection drops every 5-10 minutes and is only fixed by disconnecting from network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connection drops every 5-10 minutes and is only fixed by disconnecting from network...: I'm using Windows 10 with a tp-link TL-WN881ND V2 as my wifi card. All of my drivers for my card are updated, I'm using Wifi 5 protocol, and this issue only happens with my pc. It's been an issue that happens for a few days on and off for over a year now and I've tried...
  4. Network connection drops every 5-10 minutes and is only fixed by disconnecting from network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connection drops every 5-10 minutes and is only fixed by disconnecting from network...: I'm using Windows 10 with a tp-link TL-WN881ND V2 as my wifi card. All of my drivers for my card are updated, I'm using Wifi 5 protocol, and this issue only happens with my pc. It's been an issue that happens for a few days on and off for over a year now and I've tried...
  5. Network connection drops every 5-10 minutes and is only fixed by disconnecting from network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds

My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds: Hi! Since a few days ago my ehternet connection has been unstable, as I said in the title it drops to zero at random intervals for around 5 seconds at a time - see image below;another image for refrence; To fix this i've tried to;* re-installl the drivers* update the drivers*...
  7. Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...

Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection at all but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar...
  8. Restarting every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting every 5 Seconds: Hey first of all sorry for my bad English it’s not my main language. I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming notebook. My Laptop made today a Update and during the Update he restarted and 5 seconds later he turned off he repeated this for a hour. Then I decided to press F2...
  9. Wifi drops every 5-30 seconds

Wifi drops every 5-30 seconds: Hi! Hope someone can help me out. Ok I got 1 ASUS laptop and 1 Lenovo. Also 4 phones and 2 ipads. No problem with wifi on any except for the ASUS. We bought the 2 laptops we had poor iSP so I didnt give it much though and I shared my phone internet for the computer and then...
  10. Wireless Connection Drops

Wireless Connection Drops: Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since...