Windows 10: Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts

Discus and support Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It also rolls back to a driver that was initially installed on 8/6 at the Anniversary update. And there is no Exclamation Mark on it? If, not it is OK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JadHajjar, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts

And there is no Exclamation Mark on it? If, not it is OK and you should be able to Update Online the Driver. And it should be also working.
    If it is installed correctly, look in Driver, Advanced Settings for the Settings of your Card.

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
  2. Adalwar Win User

to check if and repair System :
    in Elevated Prompt type : SFC /Scannow
    If it reports it could not fix all errors you have to run a System Image Cleanup
    in elevated Prompt type:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:X:\sources\Install.wim /limitaccess.
    Assuming you a ISO and a WIM Install and you have Mounted the ISO.
    Further Information:
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
  3. JadHajjar Win User
    The Scan reported this: (as you said)
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Though the log file is pretty big, is there any part in the log I should be looking for?

JadHajjar, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Winuser, Sep 16, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    The best way and more easy is to proceed with DISM as Stated above.
    You can do it on-line, so you do not need a ISO or what ever
    Just type this in a elevated command prompt
    DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
    It takes some time.

EDIT: After DISM has completed sucessfully you need to re-run SFC /Scannow.

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
  6. JadHajjar Win User
    I can try it, though it will require me some time as my internet speed is not something to brag about

Also, the DISM returned this:
    C:\Windows\system32>DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

[===========================95.0%======================= ]
    Error: 1726

The remote procedure call failed.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

JadHajjar, Sep 16, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    OK. I had that error with DISM some time ago and I do not recall how I solved it. I have seen some else here in Forum with the same error, and I was thinking how I solved it, but I can´t recall.

If you have the Last Update as a File (KB) saved on you PC, I would uninstall the Update a re-install it.
    If not, probably the Best is to do a in-place upgrade as Winuser said.

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
  8. JadHajjar Win User

Where should I find this update file.
    And for the In-place upgrade, it will have to wait a lot, basically for me to download it

JadHajjar, Sep 16, 2016
  9. Adalwar Win User
    if do not know where to look for the KB file, then I have not downloaded it. Forget it.
    It is not easy to get problems solved, it is time consuming and people have to have a lot of patience.
    You will need to do the in-place upgrade.
    Any way, your current config is not working, so you may try to Uninstall the Upgrades you have a see if helps, before you proceed with in-place upgrade.

EDIT: I understand your Problem with your poor Internet connection.
    Do you have a System Image from previous OS that you can go back? That could be a good choice for you.
    Do you have any how "at home" some ISO/DVD or in PC a Recover Option to your previous OS? That coulde be also a good choice for you.
    Well, I want to help you, but sincerely I do not know any further.

Adalwar, Sep 16, 2016
  10. JadHajjar Win User
    JadHajjar, Sep 17, 2016
  11. JadHajjar Win User
    Well, everything just can't end too well...
    After the in-place install, even though the wireless problem was fixed, after like 10-20 seconds into the desktop the explorer freezes:
    I can't access the task bar or start menu
    I can't Alt tab or Windows Tab
    I can't even Alt-Ctrl-Del
    I didn't even do anything yet after the upgrade

Something to note is that everything is fine if I run Windows in diagnostic boot

Edit: small update; it seems something is wrong with the system services, disabling all startup items makes no difference
    Basically the OS does not freeze if in:
    - Safe Mode
    - Diagnostic Startup
    - Selective startup with most system services disabled (default)

Edit 2: After I isolated the problem (that a Microsoft Service was causing this) I tried disabling all Microsoft services and enable all non-M services
    Windows booted normally, then I started enabling services 10 by 10 to see which caused problems until I narrowed down till I found that the service App Readiness was responsible for all this

JadHajjar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts - Similar Threads - Wireless Driver functioning

2. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  3. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  4. I am writing this after several, several attempts of fixing the issue myself but reading...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am writing this after several, several attempts of fixing the issue myself but reading...: I took my laptop which is MSI GF65 Thin 9SD which is on a Windows 10 64-bit operating system. They said it needed a BIOS update and the issue was resolved. And now 3 days back, the issue repeated itself. The Wifi option is just gone and there's an exclamation mark on the...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe: Hello,Not that long ago I used to get BSODS randomly and constantly when idling and used windows driver verifier and removed the offending drivers till I was able to boot via driver verifier. Everything was fine for a while and I recently started to get BSODS again while...
  6. Sound does not work even after several fix attempts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work even after several fix attempts: After installing a new video card sound does not work: The icon has an X. The troubleshooter does not work Device Manager says This device is working properly Driver update/restart failed several times - both Windows driver and from Right clicking the Sound icon it says...
  7. Windows not functioning properly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not functioning properly after update: I recently got the latest feature update for Windows 10. Ever since then, my touchscreen has stopped working, battery icon has grayed out in the taskbar settings and audio has become disabled. I’ve tried literally everything i can to resolve these issues from trying to fix...
  8. Wireless Printer Sever

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Printer Sever: I have TP-Link TL-WPS510U wireless Printer server that I cannot install in Windows 10, poor me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-sever/27b8ad4a-72a4-43a0-a948-8a6484299dfc
  9. Lost several functions after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost several functions after hard drive replacement: I recently had the hard drive replaced in my Acer laptop. After the drive was replaced, the computer did a bunch of new updates automatically, and now I seem to have lost several functions. I have no sound from the built in speakers. If I plug in external speakers, I get...
  10. how to fix driver this device is not working properly after install driver

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to fix driver this device is not working properly after install driver: this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the driver required for this device. (31) Object Name not found. this error was show after i install that driver...