Windows 10: Wireless internet connection issues.

Discus and support Wireless internet connection issues. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with my internet connection. I get various errors; "The default gateway is not available", "Problem with wireless adaptor or access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SIrwin_62, Mar 7, 2020.

1. SIrwin_62 Win User

Wireless internet connection issues.

I'm having trouble with my internet connection. I get various errors; "The default gateway is not available", "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point", "I.P. address incorrect", etc. Sometimes Windows diagnostics works, sometimes not, but the problem always returns after a minute or so. I've tried re-installing the driver for the WiFi adaptor. I've tried many things suggested on the internet, but nothing works. The WiFi adaptor works fine in another computer, and no other devices have an issue connecting to the network. How can I fix this?

:)

SIrwin_62, Mar 7, 2020

2. Unable to connect to wireless internet connection on Windows 10

Hello Linda,

I understand that you are facing issues with accessing the internet connection on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue specific to wired/ wireless internet connection?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to access the internet connection on your device.

Step 1: Use Internet Connection Troubleshooter when the connection drops.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter
    find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the Network Adapter drivers and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update driver software
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Gobbas Win User
    1 wired + 1 wireless connection issues

Hi,

I have been trying to get my computer working in a home network through a router with a wireless connection, while at the same time having internet provided through a wire.

The reason this is an issue is because the wired does not go through the router while the wireless of course does.

The issue I am having is that when both are connected my internet connection comes through the wireless and not the wired.

What I want is for the wireless to connect to the network while the wired connects to the internet.

I am using windows 8.1

Thank you,

Gobbas, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Wireless internet connection issues. :) Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Wireless internet connection issues. - Similar Threads - Wireless internet connection

2. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  3. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  4. Issues with wireless connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with wireless connection: Hi I have windows 11 on my lenovo yoga c740 laptop. I am having issues connecting my hisense 50 inch tv and also my canon wireless printer to connect to it. The first time my 2 devices get connected but after that they show in the list of devices but do not connect...
  5. Wireless connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless connection issue: I have a laptop running a Ryzen7 4800h and an RTX 2060. When updated my Nvidia drivers my wireless connection stopped working. I checked to make sure the adapter was enabled, and its refusing to connect to the displayed connections. After turning the wifi on and off, it stops...
  6. Can't connect to internet wirelessly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to internet wirelessly: Hello i seem to be having trouble with windows 10 whenever i try to connect my wireless router it wants me to connect a Ethernet cable to my router it doesn't even give option to connect wirelessly does anyone know how to fix this thanks in advance...
  7. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

Wireless connection to internet. No 5G: I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance....
  8. Wireless connectivity issue

Wireless connectivity issue: Hello all, I am facing a vexing problem that I simply cannot solve so I decided to post it here. I am using a HP Win 10 laptop connected wireless in my office network. I can connect to the internet but neither can I connect to any other computer in the LAN nor can the...
  9. Wireless Connection Issue

Wireless Connection Issue: Hello, Here's the layout. I have a desktop in the living room, a desktop in the bedroom, and an iPhone. I have a wireless connection throughout my home. A few weeks ago, some workers came over to install hardwood floors in my living room. They unplugged the phone cable,...
  10. Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet: My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly...