Windows 10: Wireless printer install blocked by administrator

Discus and support Wireless printer install blocked by administrator in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my HP LaserJetM1217nfwMFP printer as a wireless one to my HP laptop running Windows 10. When I begin the Smart Jnstall process I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ajbob, Mar 11, 2018.

1. ajbob Win User

Wireless printer install blocked by administrator

I'm trying to connect my HP LaserJetM1217nfwMFP printer as a wireless one to my HP laptop running Windows 10. When I begin the Smart Jnstall process I am stopped by a window from User Account Control saying that 'An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.' Since this is my personal laptop, there is no administrator I am aware of. While doing any installations or set ups I have stayed away from anything asking about administrator status. How can I enable Smart Install to work?

:)

ajbob, Mar 11, 2018

2. Installing my printer HP Lase jet P1102W

When I try to install my printer it says the program was blocked by the system administrator. How can I install it with out the administrator

BerniceCohoon, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

cannot install local/network HP 1102 printer. administrator keeps blocking app.

ChrisSitter, Mar 11, 2018
  4. rezpower Win User

in your windows search type cmd and run Command prompt as administrator.
    type "net user administrator /active:yes" (without quotes) and hit enter and restart pc.
    on reboot log to the new account (admin) it has no password. (if it goes to old account then click on your own account and choose the new admin one). Under the admin account install your printer. Once printer installed and working run command prompt again and type: "net user administrator /active:no." and hit enter. Reboot.

rezpower, Mar 11, 2018
  5. ajbob Win User
    Added this command to "C: Users\owner>" (no quotes) and response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied" (no quotes). Suggestions, next step?

ajbob, Mar 11, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Did you get an administrative command prompt window or the administrative PowerShell window when you fired off this command?
    Cmd prompt window should look like this in the titlebar:

Wireless printer install blocked by administrator [​IMG]

PowerShell window should start with the word Administrator:

Wireless printer install blocked by administrator [​IMG]

If you don't see those things, the command won't work. That's probably why. To launch cmd.exe as administrator, right-click cmd.exe in File Explorer, then select "Run as administrator" from the pop-up menu. To launch AdministratorWireless printer install blocked by administrator :powerShell click <Windows-key>X, then select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the resulting pop-up menu.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 11, 2018
  7. ajbob Win User
    Got the administrative command window. Sorry, can't copy and paste it. The Window says:
    "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.309]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

c:\Users\owner> net user administrator /active:yes
    System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

c:\Users\owner>"
    I copied this with the exact capitalization and punctuation from my Command Prompt window. The only difference I can see is that your screen is running from "c:\WINDOWS\system 32>". I'm stumped.

ajbob, Mar 14, 2018
  8. Ben Myers Win User

Find the executable that starts the Smart Install, right-click it and select "Run as administrator".

Ben

Ben Myers, Mar 14, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    I'm stumped. @Kari: do have any thoughts as to why OP is unable to activate the built-in admin account here?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 14, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    That net user command has to be run in an admin command prompt, yours wasn't as indicated by the 'c:\Users\owner>' prompt.

Click Start, type CMD then right-click on the 'Command Prompt' search result and select 'Run as Administrator'.

11. ajbob Win User
    Tried what Bree suggested. Resulted in a pop up window on a grayed out screen stating;

"Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

Windows Command Processor

To continue enter an admin user name and password"

At the bottom of the screen is a single click box on the right saying "No".

ajbob, Mar 14, 2018
  12. Bree New Member
    Oh dear @ajbob, you have BIG problems. *Sad

The absence of a 'YES' box means you have NO administrator accounts on this PC. This usually happens because users demote their only account from administrator to a standard account in the interest of safe browsing. This is a big mistake because you can no longer administer the PC. What you should have done is create a second standard account for safe browsing.

The only available fix now is to enable the built-in Administrator account from a command prompt at boot, sign in as Administrator then promote your account to an administrator (or create a new local account and promote that). Option Five in this tutorial.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

then...

Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Change Account Type in Windows 10

Thema:

1. Wireless printer install blocked by administrator - Similar Threads - Wireless printer install

2. Administrator blocking installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Administrator blocking installation: i am trying to install Data analysis softwares ; stata, Tableau, Arc GIS, yet an error comes that my admimnistrator has blocked my installation. i have already disabled antimalware and antivirus protection. kindly assist...
  3. Administrator blocking installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator blocking installation: i am trying to install Data analysis softwares ; stata, Tableau, Arc GIS, yet an error comes that my admimnistrator has blocked my installation. i have already disabled antimalware and antivirus protection. kindly assist...
  4. Administrator blocking installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  6. Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer: I'm running a new HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 Home - The Microsoft set-up instalIed my wireless printers during set up but did not create an icon for me to access the printer functions to make choices. I have wireless access to my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426fdw printer...
  7. Administrator blocked my installation

Administrator blocked my installation: I am trying to install my printer software and it tells me that an administrator has blocked my installation. I am the only one on this computer. I have wasted hours trying to install my printer so I can use this for business. Microsoft needs to worry less about collecting...
  8. installation blocked by system administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installation blocked by system administrator: Yet again, Windows is making life difficult. I have an account with Videoscribe, have purchased a new laptop for work and the system is up to date. I tried to download the vdeoscirbe plug in and it says this has been blocked by the system administrator - fixes please...
  9. Installation blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation blocked by administrator: I am the administrator of a large network. As an Admin I am able to install the printer drivers I require. however, if a standard user logs on to a new windows 10 pc, and adds the network share for the printer, they are prompted to install files, that seems to work, but...
  10. printer driver blocked by administrator

printer driver blocked by administrator: I recently installed Windows 10. When I connect my HP 1102 printer and try to install the driver the system tells me its been blocked by the administrator because its unsage. My user profile says I am the administrator. How do I unblock the driver (tell the system its safe?)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wireless printer install blocked by administrator

2. epson driver blocked by administrator

3. printer blocked by administrator

4. installing printer driver and got pop up app been blocked by system administrator,
  5. printer installation blocked by administrator