Windows 10: wireless tv not seen in media devices

Discus and support wireless tv not seen in media devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; wireless Samsung tv not seen in media devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Belly6, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Belly6 Win User

wireless tv not seen in media devices

wireless Samsung tv not seen in media devices

:)

Belly6, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Hannelore, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? wireless tv not seen in media devices :) Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. wireless tv not seen in media devices - Similar Threads - wireless media devices

2. Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices: In System - Display - Multiple Monitors - Detect Other Monitors, it always says that other monitors cannot be found.In the same environment, with the same WiFi, and the same TV, a Win10 laptop can be cast to the TV without any connection problems. However, my Win11 desktop...
  3. Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices: In System - Display - Multiple Monitors - Detect Other Monitors, it always says that other monitors cannot be found.In the same environment, with the same WiFi, and the same TV, a Win10 laptop can be cast to the TV without any connection problems. However, my Win11 desktop...
  4. Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices: In System - Display - Multiple Monitors - Detect Other Monitors, it always says that other monitors cannot be found. In the same environment, with the same WiFi, and the same TV, a Win10 laptop can be cast to the TV without any connection problems. However, my Win11 desktop...
  5. Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices

Win11 cast to TV: unable to search for any wireless devices: In System - Display - Multiple Monitors - Detect Other Monitors, it always says that other monitors cannot be found. In the same environment, with the same WiFi, and the same TV, a Win10 laptop can be cast to the TV without any connection problems. However, my Win11 desktop...
  6. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media: initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of windows or anything on them. Booted pc back up to find that my aio and fan controller were listed in the bottom right as ejectable...
  7. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media: initially all was well until I installed a couple of extra hard drives from a previous build. Just hard drives with files and space, no copies of windows or anything on them. Booted pc back up to find that my aio and fan controller were listed in the bottom right as ejectable...
  8. internal usb devices being seen as ejectable media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared PC files can't be found over the network, smart TV can't be seen as a media device: I'm trying to share content over DLNA to my smart TV LG can see two other PCs in the house Windows 10/1909 and a Windows 7 but not my Windows 10 Pro PC, also 1909. I can't see the TV on my computer either, as a media device or otherwise. I can only do so at startup, then it...
  10. no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound: I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv. However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV. On the device manager the TV shows as a media device. However, the TV does not...