Windows 10: With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

Discus and support With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire. Is there a simple Microsoft fix I can use on my PC so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cj5466, Dec 11, 2018.

1. cj5466 Win User

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

Is there a simple Microsoft fix I can use on my PC so I can return to using the internet via my ethernet wire?

Thanks for any help.

:)

cj5466, Dec 11, 2018
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Dec 11, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 11, 2018
  4. With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire.

Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. With new Windows/10 update my PC will not connect to internet using ethernet wire. - Similar Threads - update connect internet

2. New Windows 11 Professional PC not recognized by router with wired ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 11 Professional PC not recognized by router with wired ethernet connection?: Recently, I replaced a down workstation with a new machine that uses Windows 11 Professional, the old system used Windows 10 Home and had no issues with being detected by my network and internet devices. Our setup consists of a cable modem and a standalone router. The older...
  3. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  4. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  5. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired: I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?...
  7. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  8. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  9. Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...

Partial loss of internet connectivity through wired Ethernet...: For reasons unknown, I have suddenly lost internet connectivity for most applications in Windows 10. Firefox gives me the "Server not found" message and Edge gives me "Hmm, we can't reach this page" for every website. If I run Windows Update, it states, "We couldn't...
  10. Windows 10 Wired PC Updates - HughesNet Metered Internet Connection

Windows 10 Wired PC Updates - HughesNet Metered Internet Connection: I live in a very rural location where my only ISP choice is Hughesnet. As such, my data consumption is metered during the day, but available, almost free at night (2AM - 8AM). I can control Windows restarts in settings, but no way to control when updates are downloaded....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. December 2018 Windows 10 connect internet automatically

2. army pc not connecting to internet for update