Windows 10: WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games.

Discus and support WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is the use of this program and can I make it use less CPU? I heard people saying that a virus can cause this but thats only when idle.. (it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrOblivion, Oct 9, 2015.

1. WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games.

What is the use of this program and can I make it use less CPU? I heard people saying that a virus can cause this but thats only when idle.. (it only uses around 2.2% on idle) when I fire up a game it jumps up to around 14-30% usage.

:)

MrOblivion, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 9, 2015
  3. AaronUr Win User
    WMI Host Provider Regularly Using Up CPU

Thanks Andre!! This solved my WMI Host problem. My CPU went back again to 2, 3 o 4% when idle and the Temperature of my CPU and Cores was reduced to Normal levels 45 to 52 degrees C. Thanks again.... Aaron...

AaronUr, Oct 9, 2015
  4. WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games.

There are different reasons for wmi provider host using a lot of CPU. Depending on the video games, viruses and other factors, the usage of CPU can be different. Anybody have more info about this issue is requested to share his/her experience.

Imran Shahid, Jan 9, 2017
  5. Actually it should be 0% in idle unless there is some installation or work in progress.

Update your drivers (you can use DriverEasy to check)

Then try disabling automatic maintenance and restart.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Additionally you can try system cleanup. Download WC.bat and run it as admin, it will take about an hour.

TairikuOkami, Jan 9, 2017
  6. denny Win User
    Have you ever wondered why an unknown application kept running in your taskbar called WmiPrvSE! Well, this application acts as an important part of your OS as it provides an important connection between your third parties applications and inbuilt OS but it can be a problem when it uses a high amount of memory and CPU . you can read more here

denny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games.

1. WMI Provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) uses alot of CPU when playing games. - Similar Threads - WMI Provider host

2. WMI Provider Host using high CPU due to wscript.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host using high CPU due to wscript.exe: Recently my windows 10 is occasionally using high CPU and a process called WMI Provider Host contributes to most of it. I looked up on the internet and check from "Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WMI-activity > operational" only to see...
  3. 2 wmi provider host

2 wmi provider host: hello, i have been looking at my task manager lately and while scrolling i saw 2 wmi providers i have no idea what to do and it seems one is eating a constant 0.9 cpu im not that good with computers but i know one thing for sure there cant be 2 wmi providers ps: i...
  4. WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU

WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU: WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU. I can resolve by re-starting 'Windows management inst', but that's a real hassle. From the Event viewer I get the following - any help for a novice to fix would be appreciated: Log Name:...
  5. WMI Provider Host AGAIN!

WMI Provider Host AGAIN!: Hi, Like a lot of people, I'm having trouble with WMI Provider Host using lots of resources and power which consequently leads to overheating and a subsequent shut down of the laptop running Windows 10. Has anyone been able to rectify this? I tried following the most recent...
  6. WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage: Hey, so I know that this has already been spoken about on this subreddit but I kind of need a more simple explanation to help me figure this out. So as the title says, my WMI Provider Host is using around 15% CPU usage when it should use around 0... Thanks to anyone who ends...
  7. developer mode making wmi provider host use high cpu

in Windows 10 Customization
    developer mode making wmi provider host use high cpu: I had this problem where WMIProvider host takes up at least 15% cpu. went through the problem and found out that when I enable developer mode WMIProviderhost cpu usage goes through the roof. can anyone help I use visual studio and uwp so help please....
  8. WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU

WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU: Hi, I am using a less than 2 month old Lenovo V110 laptop that is running an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 processor, and I have been having problems with a loud fan, and overheating. I checked the task manager, and found out that the WMI Provider Host is using large amounts of CPU...
  9. WMI Provider Host

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WMI Provider Host: Why is this process taking up 4-7% of my CPU? I know what is does, but is it normal for it to use that much power (%)? This has not been a problem before. Only a few weeks ago, it was only on 1% or less. Will disabling this process do any harm to my system? 83129
  10. "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage: even with the new update "WMI Provider Host" process is consuming high % of the cpu. is there any possibility to resolve this problem?! serached on internet and it's quite common thanks 29842
Tags: