Windows 10: WMIC.exe sends so many CMD commands & hurts system performance

Discus and support WMIC.exe sends so many CMD commands & hurts system performance in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, first of all here are my specs; Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Version: 2004 OS Build: 20175.1000 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xovier, Jul 28, 2020.

1. /u/Xovier Win User

WMIC.exe sends so many CMD commands & hurts system performance

Hello, first of all here are my specs;

• Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
    • Version: 2004
    • OS Build: 20175.1000
    • Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.18201.0.0

For some odd reason, WMIC tries to find LeagueClientUx.exe and sends so many requests doing so periodically. If I relocate WMIC and/or change it with another WMIC file, it sends CMD commands to find where WMIC is located.

I have Windows Defender On and did a LONG full scan & did the same with Malarebytes. Quarantined & Removed some threats as well. PC runs much better now but I wonder why WMIC sends those LeagueClientUx.exe requests.

During my research, I have stumbled upon another thread by someone with the EXACT problem;

Here is the thread link

Images;

1. Here you can see WMIC firing up another burst

Please let me know what I can do, I am ready to try anything you guys suggest.

Apparently uninstalling League of Legends does not fix it as the person in that thread doesn't even have the game installed on his specific system.

Notes;

• Image 1 was taken from Process Lasso's logs
    submitted by /u/Xovier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xovier, Jul 28, 2020

2. I cant understand why so many of my windows 10 apps dosnt working?

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2020
  3. many apps are not getting opened

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile WMIC.exe sends so many CMD commands & hurts system performance :)

Thema:

1. WMIC.exe sends so many CMD commands & hurts system performance - Similar Threads - WMIC exe sends

2. Alias not found wmic command is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alias not found wmic command is not working: Device name Amit Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 6942A759-C971-4FB6Product ID 00342-43303-44677-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is...
  3. Alias not found wmic command is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alias not found wmic command is not working: Device name Amit Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable Device ID 6942A759-C971-4FB6Product ID 00342-43303-44677-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is...
  4. How many security patches hurt performance in Windows 10? Is there a way to disable them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How many security patches hurt performance in Windows 10? Is there a way to disable them?: As I mentioned, I would like to know what security patches are causing performance hits and if there is a way to disable them. I've already disabled Meltdown and Specter, but I'm sure there must be more patches, which are hurting performance to a greater or lesser extent....
  5. How many security patches hurt performance in Windows 10? Is there a way to disable them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many security patches hurt performance in Windows 10? Is there a way to disable them?: As I mentioned, I would like to know what security patches are causing performance hits and if there is a way to disable them. I've already disabled Meltdown and Specter, but I'm sure there must be more patches, which are hurting performance to a greater or lesser extent....
  6. How many security patches hurt performance in Windows 10? Is there a way to disable them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command

in Windows 10 News
    WMIC is not recognized as an internal or external command: [ATTACH]WMIC is a command-line tool that is used to perform WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) operations. The WMI allows scripting languages that let users manage their servers and personal computers running on the Windows operating systems. You can run WMI commands to...
  8. Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?: I recently noticed that when I enable Windows Sandbox it cripples my PC performance, for example my RAM read speed drops from 48 GB/s to 35 GB/s and CPU benchmarks are lot slower as well. However when I run the benchmarks inside the Sandbox I get max performance (same result...
  9. CMD wmic parameter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD wmic parameter?: Good morning, I'm practicing again and I'm facing another problem which I can't solve despite Google. I want to use the "wmic volume get Driveletter" to read the drive letter of a drive named:"test". But I can't get it to set the parameters so that only the drive:test is...
  10. does iGPU usage hurt performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does iGPU usage hurt performance?: I wanted 3 displays so I bought a FirePRO. Turns out even though it's rated for 3 simultaneous displays, it only works if you get some special adapter which I never did figure out what it is. So currently my only option is to run 2 displays from the FirePRO and 1 from the DVI...