Windows 10: XP MS Office Pro Suite 2002 with Frontpage Running on Windows 10

Discus and support XP MS Office Pro Suite 2002 with Frontpage Running on Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've just recently upgraded from W-XP to W-10. I installed my XP MS Office Suite 2002 and it runs fine. However, when Windows Update tries to download... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Donp, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Donp Win User

XP MS Office Pro Suite 2002 with Frontpage Running on Windows 10

I've just recently upgraded from W-XP to W-10. I installed my XP MS Office Suite 2002 and it runs fine. However, when Windows Update tries to download SP-3 it fails due to MS discontinuing (not offering) that download anymore. I can uncheck the box for Windows Update to not keep trying to get the update, but I'd really like to get the latest updates for security purposes. I've looked around the net and found places that offer the SP-3 download (CNet), but the reviews are terrible with all kinds of problems. I had all of; the latest updates on XP for my Office until "MS update" stopped working, which is one of the reasons I decided to upgrade my hardware and move to W-10. Is there any "reliable" way for me to get the latest updates for my Office SW ? I don't use it all that much anymore; just write/view a few Word documents and maybe a spreadsheet.

:)

2. windows update failures - hp printer, xp service pack 3

I am running windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1) and for an extended time have been getting "Failed to Install" messages on two updates. I am content to turn these attempted updates off so the failures don't show but can find no way to do so. the updates are

Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP
    Photosmart 5520 series

Hewlett-Packard Imaging software update released in November, 2009

Office XP Service Pack 3

Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) provides the latest updates to Microsoft Office XP. SP3 contains significant security enhancements, as well as stability and performance improvements.
    This service pack applies to any level of Office XP. It contains all updates included in SP1 and SP2, in addition to updates released after SP2. SP3 applies to the following Office XP products: Word 2002, Excel 2002, Outlook 2002, PowerPoint 2002, Access
    2002, FrontPage 2002, Publisher 2002, and Office XP Web Components.

I have the HP update turned off in the HP update app. I am running office 2002. When Office was originally installed back "in the day" it was on an XP Pro machine that had SP3 installed.

Can these attempted updates be turned off? or do I just continue to ignore them.

Earnhardt3fan, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Office XP Service Pack 3 - Error 0x80096004

Office XP Service Pack 3

Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) provides the latest updates to Microsoft Office XP. SP3 contains significant security enhancements, as well as stability and performance improvements. This service pack applies to any level of Office XP. It contains all updates
    included in SP1 and SP2, in addition to updates released after SP2. SP3 applies to the following Office XP products: Word 2002, Excel 2002, Outlook 2002, PowerPoint 2002, Access 2002, FrontPage 2002, Publisher 2002, and Office XP Web Components.

XP MS Office Pro Suite 2002 with Frontpage Running on Windows 10 [​IMG]

We're sorry, this download is no longer available.
    • Perhaps one of the following links will help you find what you need.

Turkman143_org, Sep 12, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Sep 12, 2017
  5. Try3 Win User
  6. Gordon7 Win User
    You need this link, were you get the full dl. package (57 MB) - DL. it to your desktop and dobb. click it and let it run!
    It will install without the problem you get with the "small" package (13,4 MB) and without you need the Office CD's during the
    install.

Remember to keep this service pack on a separate partition for later use! (I use Office XP on W10).

XP MS Office Pro Suite 2002 with Frontpage Running on Windows 10 [​IMG]

http://download.cnet.com/Office-XP-S...-10277510.html

Gordon7, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Donp Win User
    Thanks for your reply Gordon7. I too found the above site when looking around, but was put off by the negative comments; i.e. PC wouldn't even boot up, slow to load, many apps wouldn't work anymore, graphics were not compatible, etc. I saw that there have been almost 686K downloads of the SP-3 with just a handful of serious complaints. So, you use Office XP, with this SP, on your W-10 system with none of the above issues ? I've spent a lot of hours getting this new PC up and running with all of my old apps and data from my old XP system and I'm a bit froggie about messing things up. I do have Acronis backup SW and if I decide to install the SP-3 I'll do a complete system image before I do it just to be safe. Using my old 2010 version of Acronis, I did a complete recovery on my old XP system many times successfully, but have not used my new Acronis version 2018 for a recovery on this new PC and as said above I'm a bit nervous. If things go South for me with the SP install, there's no "un" install, right ? Even if I uninstall Office (if possible) things would still be bad, right ? Thanks in advance for anymore advice you can send my way.

Donp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. XP MS Office Pro Suite 2002 with Frontpage Running on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Office Pro Suite

2. Reloading Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2002 on a Thinkpad that is registered in MS, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reloading Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2002 on a Thinkpad that is registered in MS, but...: I have a Thinkpad T500 which I had purchased in 2010 and had previously given and received back from my sister.It was purchased with Windows 7, and I later upgraded it to Windows 10.It also has Microsoft office 2007 on it, which I would like to keep.I no longer have any of...
  3. Reloading Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2002 on a Thinkpad that is registered in MS, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reloading Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2002 on a Thinkpad that is registered in MS, but...: I have a Thinkpad T500 which I had purchased in 2010 and had previously given and received back from my sister.It was purchased with Windows 7, and I later upgraded it to Windows 10.It also has Microsoft office 2007 on it, which I would like to keep.I no longer have any of...
  4. Reloading Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2002 on a Thinkpad that is registered in MS, but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11?: Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-office-frontpage-run-under-windows/913b2f6a-f340-41e5-ba45-2b17522605c9
  6. Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11?

Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11?: Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-office-frontpage-run-under-windows/913b2f6a-f340-41e5-ba45-2b17522605c9
  7. MS Office 2002 Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Office 2002 Professional: I paid quite a bit for my MS Office 2002 Pro version and I would like to know if Word and Excel will work in windows 10. If so, what compatibility mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-2002-professional/89944b84-37ab-436b-b227-1a8647e75c13
  8. Works suite 2002

in Windows 10 Customization
    Works suite 2002: I am trying to load works suite to my window 10, it is from when I bought a desk top back when. It asks for a product key to activate the program. I kept the CD but not the box. What can I do to activate this program?...
  9. MS Office suite on Win 10

MS Office suite on Win 10: How old of an office suite can be installed on/Compatible with W10? 07 or 10, 13 or do I have to use 365? 5941
  10. Office XP Pro on windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office XP Pro on windows 10: I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP Pro with Frontpage 2002 on my windows 10 and it won't install. I get the run option but nothing else happens. Any suggestions? Thanks 48556