Windows 10: xps viewer

Discus and support xps viewer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have spent the day trying to convert .oxps print to file docs to Word. I have tried converters with no success. I then remembered that I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LarryMurray-204, Aug 13, 2019.

1. xps viewer

Hi

I have spent the day trying to convert .oxps print to file docs to Word. I have tried converters with no success.

I then remembered that I could view the file and copy the doc to Word. So I spent more time trying to find xps viewer on my new computer. On the internet, I found that I could go to apps feature and then manage to find the file. Tried it, the command needed to get the viewer is not in the list.

At this point, I went to the internet and found a lot of articles about the viewer, but after trying to download the viewer found that this didn't work for me.

I next tried my old laptop as it had the viewer, but the laptop itself is near garbage. Nonetheless, I got one file to open and then my old computer said goodbye.

After this long intro, does anyone know if it is possible to get a version of xps viewer off the internet or any other way?

wow thank you

:)

LarryMurray-204, Aug 13, 2019

2. XPS service viewer

Hello Mondicke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I am glad to assist you on this.

XPS viewer is a file format that Microsoft created to print content to a file very similar to PDF. Microsoft is retiring support for the file format and removing the XPS Viewer app on new installations. This means that if you're
    doing an upgrade from Windows 10 built version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) to build 1803, you'll continue to have support for the format, but if you're setting up a new device, or do a clean installation, the XPS Viewer app will no longer be available.

To try using XPS service viewer, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Open Settings.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Click on Apps & features.

4. Under "Apps & features," click the Manage optional features link.

5. Click the Add a feature button.

6. Select XPS Viewer from the list.

7. Click the Install button.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Harish_kum, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    XPS Viewer has stopped working

Hello Fred,

The XPS Viewer might have been corrupted while your were updating the computer. Usually, uninstalling and re-installing the said program should be able to resolve the issue. To remove and reinstall the XPS Viewer follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel: right-click the Start button or press
      Windows+X on your keyboard, then select “Control Panel” from the menu that pops up.
    • Click “Programs” in the list and then select “Turn Windows features on or off” under Programs and Features.
    • Look for XPS Viewer and uncheck it. Click “OK” and Windows will apply whatever changes you made.
      Note: Depending on the features you enabled or disabled, Windows may require you reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
    • Open “Turn Windows features on or off” and check the XPS Viewer to reinstall it.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Dyan Rey, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Graeme.P Win User

xps viewer

XPS Viewer

Hi Jeff, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

I'm not sure why your XPS viewer would have disappeared, but if you're having trouble finding it then I can recommend following the steps in the below article to reinstall the Windows XPS Viewer app:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/109719-add-...

Hopefully that helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

xps viewer

1. xps viewer - Similar Threads - xps viewer

2. Can you still install XPS Viewer on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you still install XPS Viewer on Windows 10?: Can you still install XPS Viewer on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-install-xps-viewer-on-windows-10/e4db54d5-9d37-4056-9a81-524f5ba3ed6b
  3. Can you still install XPS Viewer on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you still install XPS Viewer on Windows 10?: Can you still install XPS Viewer on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-install-xps-viewer-on-windows-10/e4db54d5-9d37-4056-9a81-524f5ba3ed6b
  4. Can you still install XPS Viewer on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Download offline package of XPS viewer for Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download offline package of XPS viewer for Windows 10 22H2: Dear sir, Customer has a close network without internet using Windows 10 - 22H2 version. They want to have XPS viewer feature. It seems that this feature must need internet connection to download. Is it possible to have an offline package for this tools?Please suggest.Joe Tam...
  6. Download offline package of XPS viewer for Windows 10 22H2

Download offline package of XPS viewer for Windows 10 22H2: Dear sir, Customer has a close network without internet using Windows 10 - 22H2 version. They want to have XPS viewer feature. It seems that this feature must need internet connection to download. Is it possible to have an offline package for this tools?Please suggest.Joe Tam...
  7. Download offline package of XPS viewer for Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win10 22H2 XPS Viewer Install Failed Error 0x8024500c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 22H2 XPS Viewer Install Failed Error 0x8024500c: Hello,As title suggests, I cannot install XPS Viewer on my Win10 22H2 latest update machine.dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:XPS.Viewer~~~~0.0.1.0Anyone knows if I can download the .cab files of XPSViewer to install offline with the above command?Just like the cab...
  9. Win10 22H2 XPS Viewer Install Failed Error 0x8024500c

Win10 22H2 XPS Viewer Install Failed Error 0x8024500c: Hello,As title suggests, I cannot install XPS Viewer on my Win10 22H2 latest update machine.dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:XPS.Viewer~~~~0.0.1.0Anyone knows if I can download the .cab files of XPSViewer to install offline with the above command?Just like the cab...
  10. Win10 22H2 XPS Viewer Install Failed Error 0x8024500c

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps viewer install failed windows 10 1903

2. windows xps viewer uninstalling itself

3. windows 10 xps viewer 1903 download

4. CapabilityName:XPS.Viewer 1903