Windows 10: Yet another idiot article on fixing windows 10 error message

Discus and support Yet another idiot article on fixing windows 10 error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I received this article and not only does this article direct me to fictitious areas on my current windows 10 , but the whole article was devoted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ttodd0450, Jul 4, 2017.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

Yet another idiot article on fixing windows 10 error message

Today I received this article and not only does this article direct me to fictitious areas on my current windows 10 , but the whole article was devoted to freeing up hardddrive to be able to install the Windows 10 Fall Creators update.. my current windows 10 has for many many many weeks now not been able to 'upgrade itself' from its current version 1607 (14393.1358)., My hardrive is 465 GB I have currently 355 GB available so space is not an issue .. Yet this article I bring here from PureInfo Tech gives no other alternatives .. I have deleted temp files and others and with 75% free space this issue with windows error 0x80070070/0x50012/0r 0x60000 is to me is Puretech balony ...

I say fictitious areas because the first area in settings / storage is called storage sense . .I have no such animal see attached ...

Yet another idiot article on fixing windows 10 error message [​IMG]

:)

ttodd0450, Jul 4, 2017
  2. Jim_Mac Win User

Creating Bootable USB drive with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Yet another clueless idiotic response from Microsoft. Fix the damn problem!

Jim_Mac, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Creator Update

So my PC locked up again, and there is yet another MS updates that don't do shi^. Hey MS with all these FBombdates, fix the lockups. Idiots.

MikeDudley, Jul 4, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Many different things can cause the version upgrade to fail. The ultimate solution is to do a clean install of Windows 10 and without excessive tinkering on the part of the user, things will usually run great for many years and version upgrades after that.

NavyLCDR, Jul 4, 2017
  5. ttodd0450 Win User
    actually I'm not really worried about the creators update as I'm pretty sure it is for 'touch screen' windows 10, and my hp laptop is Not touch screen only mouse/ key board driven.. To do an entire clean and sweep of the O/S and the possibility of the same problem still there could be as high as 80% ..

ttodd0450, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Not really, it contains improvements for all computers, my friend could not even run a game on a desktop computer, until he has installed CU. There are various fixes for WU, like my little one or:

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro

TairikuOkami, Jul 4, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would disagree. I would say the chance of success would be higher than 80%.

NavyLCDR, Jul 4, 2017
  8. reddice Win User

Let me guess you found that article using Google. Google is always pro bias for Windows 10. Heck I get more links about Windows and easier to find support than I do with Android and they make the OS.

reddice, Jul 4, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    What on earth are you going on about?

Android is a much more basic OS than Windows so does not require the same level of support as there is much less flexibility on behalf of useful to change things.
    So naturally you would expect to find many more support articles for Windows. There is no Windows bias - all search engines would come up with similar offerings!

cereberus, Jul 5, 2017
  10. reddice Win User
    Googing gives me those useless top 10 problems and how to fix them that never work except for the nuclear option of a factory reset and yes I get those top 10 on windows searches too.

reddice, Jul 5, 2017
  11. reddice Win User
    Also to the OP what bugs me the most about installing any MS products or updates is that if it fails for any reason even complains about one useless *.tmp file it will abort the install and roll it back. Other third party programs can pull error messages still install and work fine.

reddice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Yet another idiot article on fixing windows 10 error message - Similar Threads - Yet another idiot

2. Another Windows Update Error Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Windows Update Error Fix: This is the Error Description in Even Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001716....
  3. Another Windows Update Error Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Windows Update Error Fix: This is the Error Description in Even Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001716....
  4. Yet another Bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yet another Bitlocker problem: HiMicrosoft has come up with a new way to bamboozle me. Bitlocker, something I've never even heard of, let alone used. Okay, the computer is used, so maybe some previous user used it, but as far as I know the machine had a clean Windows install before sale. The HDD I bought...
  5. Yet another BSOD...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Yet another BSOD...: I was just watching youtube and the audio just froze and I got a ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY BSOD. This happens often and I have no idea why. here's the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajhgd4r9gQdOgdt3-nM5baIsv4-muw?e=Ji3ERe please help i keep getting BSODs...
  6. Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yet another IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem: My friend's games keep crashing while playing games like PUBG and Path of Exile. Here is the result from a "WhoCrashed" analysis of the latest dump: Crash Dump Analysis Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Tue...
  7. Yet another windows 10 1803 victim!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Yet another windows 10 1803 victim!: Any help appreciated. I installed the 1803 upgrade and it ended with the black screen and recycle bin scenario. I’ve tried almost every solution I could find on line but none worked. I don’t have an 8gb USB so would have to buy one and even if I did no one I know has a PC I...
  8. Yet another windows 10 issue ASK Hijack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yet another windows 10 issue ASK Hijack?: Hi, please help me. I have re loaded google to be my home page, and settings state it is. However every time I open a new tab in firefox and try a search it continues to use ask.com, which I really do not like. I don't know why it stopped working. Also advised of...
  9. Yet another 1603 anoyng error with M$ Hardware!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet another 1603 anoyng error with M$ Hardware!: Keyboard x4 was working fine, after some update that W10 tried to install and failed the mouse and keyboard went berserk! The mouse seems to work fine after reinstalling it's driver and software, but the keyboard from M$, well it just refuses to work itself out. Mouse is...
  10. Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet Another Font Issue in Win 10: In the attached display snippet below you can see my problem. This is a snippet of the Display Settings screen; the different choices along the left side. Clear example of the problem is the difference in the two f characters in the word Offline Maps. The first f has a thick...