Windows 10: "Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...

Discus and support "Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, My daughter is using a number of PCs at home, one of them being the one supplied by the school. On all PCs, she's using her MSA to log in, and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sba923, Sep 19, 2019.

1. sba923 Win User

"Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...

Hi,

My daughter is using a number of PCs at home, one of them being the one supplied by the school.

On all PCs, she's using her MSA to log in, and everything (Windows logon, OneDrive, Skype...) is linked to that MSA.

Still, on that particular device supplied by the school, I frequently get the following message in the weekly Microsoft Family report:

Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device CD94-XJ012829D0 for family features to work. Tell me how to fix this.

The "Tell me how to fix this" link gets me to a web page... with another "Tell me how to fix this" link ;-) that yields the following popup:

"Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"... e4af61bc-df5b-46b4-b280-7e2175427ed0?upload=true.png

These instructions are outdated: there is no "Family & other people" section under Accounts in Windows 10 version 1903.

What's the proper way to get rid of these messages once and for all?

:)

sba923, Sep 19, 2019
  2. McHenry Win User

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE
    were limited to 8MB of internet cache)

I removed the profile, and had him login again, and a new profile was created, resolving the Edge issues, however the Family Features are not active or working. His time limits are not enforced, and my Family settings online at https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    indicate that there is an issue with his account.

"Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly."

The resolution steps indicate that I should do the following:

"To fix this:

1. Have your child sign in with their Microsoft account on their device.
    2. Open Microsoft Edge and go to Microsoft - Official Home Page.
    3. Follow the instructions on screen to verify their account."

When I follow the steps and try to go to the URL, Windows 10 attempts to open the Microsoft Store app to look for an app to open MS_WPC

On the same computer, when I go to the same URL, it asks for my live credentials, then updates the Family Features settings.

It seems like windows is not fully linking to his Windows Live account. For his siblings, their accounts show up as their email address until they login, then it resolves to their full name. For the new profile for him, this does not happen. I have removed
    the profile a few times and tried starting over again, but it yields the same result. Any ideas or suggestions?

Perhaps has the default profile become corrupted?

EDIT: He has received notification that his time is up, but when he requests more time, there is an error that indicates there may be an issue with the Internet connection (which there is not).

McHenry, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

"Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. "Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"... - Similar Threads - child needs sign

2. Family Safety app no longer working with child's device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety app no longer working with child's device: My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on...
  3. Family Safety app no longer working with child's device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety app no longer working with child's device: My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on...
  4. Unable to rid "Device needs your attention for family features" notification in Microsoft...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to rid "Device needs your attention for family features" notification in Microsoft...: When I log into my Microsoft Family settings I see this notification: [ATTACH] When I follow the instructions from the "tell me how to fix this" link logging into child's account on device and visiting https://aka.ms/familyverify, my child's laptop notifies me that "This...
  5. Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work.

Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work.: I get the above error under Recent activity - Notifications section of the microsoft website when logged on. I have installed microsoft launcher onto my sons asus Android tablet and I can't seem to enable location permissions. when i look at the option under family (microsoft...
  6. Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!

Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!: I recently setup a new laptop for my child for school. After adding his account to the laptop, the new device appeared in Microsoft Family, but with the message of "Update your child's Windows 10 device [DEVICE-NAME] to get family features to work." I ran through all Windows...
  7. Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...

Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...: Hello, I cannot seem to get management access under family options for my kid's device, even after downloading and installing Win10 updates. The child has been added to the family and appears to be verified. I am an admin with my Microsoft account on his laptop, and he...
  8. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I am getting message (as per subject) on one of...
  9. Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly: I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE were limited to 8MB...
  10. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Hi, In my Microsoft Family, I am seeing the following message for one of the Child accounts: "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly." When I click "See Devices", it specifies the device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your family member needs to sign in to their windows 10 device desktop-0sn1jdo for family features to work.

2. Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device

3. Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device DESKTOP-TRKTOLS for family features to work.

4. your child needs to be signed to the device for family features to work