Windows 10: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Discus and support Your Outlook account settings are out of date in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; HI roystreet, I believe that if you look at DustSailors answer, it may work out for you. It seemed to help Irpnzorg79. Good luick with this! Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bupthebroker, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Micromax Win User

Your Outlook account settings are out of date

HI roystreet, I believe that if you look at DustSailors answer, it may work out for you. It seemed to help Irpnzorg79.

Good luick with this!

Micromax, Mar 2, 2016
  2. roystreet Win User

Sorry, it doesn't.
    Your Outlook account settings are out of date [​IMG]

roystreet, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Micromax Win User
    Sorry to hear that Roystreet.

My solution was to just click on the Link button(s) in the outlook app on your computer. Make sure you can sign in to the Outlook Web App first. This sounds too easy, but it did work for me. Link everything...Inbox. I believe I posted on Page 1.

All the best Roystreet. *Smile

Micromax, Mar 2, 2016
  4. roystreet Win User

Yes, I wish it was that easy for me. Different things are helping people. On some threads a suggestion will be offered and it will help several people, but the others say, "I tried it and it didn't work"

Unfortunately, I'm one of those "it didn't work for me" people for this problem. It certainly would help knowing the actual source of this issue is. Is it Windows 10? My computer? The MS account? Their servers?

I can't tell what triggers it either, it's not consistent

roystreet, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Micromax Win User
    *Sad I feel bad Roystreet. I hope someone can post something different that may work for you.

Micromax, Mar 2, 2016
  6. roystreet Win User
    One day...Maybe I'll wake up in the middle of the night and say... "I've got it! I've figured it out!"

Then MS will hire me to fix the problem with their system
    haha

It's OK, I've spent so much time on this in the past. I'm not willing to continue to invest so much into figuring it out all the time. I'll just try to work around it.

I do appreciate everyone's thoughts and willingness to help though.

I'm just slowly moving away from MS and their services. Not completely yet

roystreet, Mar 2, 2016
  7. Micromax Win User
    All the best to you.*Smile

Micromax, Mar 3, 2016
  8. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

You don't have to give up. Maybe there is something that you are not doing the right way. Don't be afraid to remove the email account causing the problem because you can add it back again. This way you'll be making sure that both you email account and password are well written (See Dustsailor's post on page 1). I would even suggest after you remove the email account or accounts at issue to run:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    before adding the email account(s) back. I am really encouraging you to have another shot at it.

IronZorg89, Mar 3, 2016
  9. roystreet Win User
    My issue is connected to another thread that I have going about credentials problems I'm having also. I have done quite a bit of work on fixing this. It goes beyond just the email accounts now.

I've gotten rid of everything, I've even had a fresh install of Windows, not particularly because of this problem, but I took advantage of that time hoping to resolve this issue as well

roystreet, Mar 3, 2016
  10. roystreet Win User
    roystreet, Mar 3, 2016
  11. As I thought, there has got to be something else preventing you from fixing "your email account is out-of-date". I also found it very weird that Microsoft cannot help you fixing your credentials. What about completely closing the account and open a new one. This is just a suggestion and you should ask them. I read your post about 'entering your recent credentials' and in all likelihood, the problem is not related to your computer but to your Microsoft's account since you have done a clean install.

On another note, Are you by any chance on a dual boot system?. The reason why I am asking is because I have 2 PCs; one is running Windows 10 Pro only and the other one is running a dual system (Win 10 Pro + Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit). Microsoft's latest cumulative update KB3140743 ran fine on the computer with only Win 10 Pro, but basically screwed up big time my Mail account on the one with dual boot. I had to roll back with a system image backup to the time before the update and everything is now back to normal. KB3140743 is now on hold until I figure out what's going on. By and large, this is to tell you that sometimes Microsoft's updates can have bugs not compatible with one's PC configuration.

Lastly, I would suggest that you call Microsoft again and explain the credentials problem is still persisting even after a clean install. Maybe, this time around, you would fall on a more sympathetic customer service representative willing to help.

IronZorg89, Mar 4, 2016
  12. roystreet Win User
    I don't really think it's my computer, but I had to throw that out there to open to maybe I'm wrong. I don't really see how it is. I haven't closed out the account, but I have tested other accounts & they still do it. Yesterday, I officially changed my main account on my Surface to just a local admin account. Today I still had to fix the email account b/c it is out of date. Now, usually I may just need to click the button to fix it & then it spins some & then it starts getting mail again & calendar is updated.

I don't have a dual boot system. In fact, I've tried it on a Gateway computer that I just have laying around that I can test things on. I believe I have the same problem on that machine.

It has been doing this for months, thru various updates. I can't quite put my finger on it. I also can't see what's going on-on the server side. I just thought...I believe this problem occurred when I had Windows 8 on my Surface, so it's not specific to Windows 10.

I'm sorry you've had a problem with your machine, it appears that MS has been more forceful in it's ways & frequently causing problems, even uninstalling peoples software - Now that hasn't happened to me though - Thankfully.

roystreet, Mar 5, 2016
  13. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Hi 'Roystreet'

That's exactly what I said: the problem IS NOT with your computer. It's definitely with your email account for it has persisted even after a clean install. According to your last post, the problem seems to have been lurking around for quite a while (as you said, since you had Win 8 on your Surface Pro). In my humble opinion, the only way to fix your problem is either to get help from Microsoft with regard to your mail credentials or to close completely the email account(s) at issue. With the latter choice, you'll have to weigh the benefit against the implications of changing your email account such as backing up all your previous emails with Mailstore Home or Thunderbird, changing your email address for the new one(s) for all your contacts and so on..

So, the choice is yours. By the way, my problem has been fixed.

IronZorg89, Mar 6, 2016
  14. squibbon Win User
    squibbon, Aug 15, 2016
  15. Micromax Win User
    Hi squibbon,

Thanks for sharing a solution to this problem.

Best of luck!!

Micromax, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Your Outlook account settings are out of date - Similar Threads - Outlook account settings

2. Your account settings are out of date!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your account settings are out of date!!: After updating Windows 10 to v2004 this happens... Why does Mail Version 16005.13228.41011.0 keep asking me to "Fix my account" every time I reboot my laptop? This information does not help:...
  3. "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"

in Browsers and Email
    "Your Outlook account settings are out of date": I keep getting this message over and over again every couple of days or so. This started about 2 or 3 Windows updates ago or so. When I click on it I'm taken to what looks like my email sign in little box and it says something like "because you're accessing sensitive...
  4. "Your account settings are out of date".

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Your account settings are out of date".: received the above message on my Hotmail accounts. Tried "fix account", waited 25 minutes, got a "wait one moment" message, waited another ten minutes, then got "something has gone wrong" with an error message. have tried twice through settings to rectify this, with no joy....
  5. Outlook Account Settings are out of date

Outlook Account Settings are out of date: A while back I started seeing this message in a yellow bar at the top of Outlook Mail client. If I click the Fix account button it asks for my PIN and then says "fixed" and seems to work OK after I restart Outlook Mail. If I click Dismiss, or don't do anything, it seems like...
  6. "Your account settings are out of date..."

"Your account settings are out of date...": Trying to sign into Hotmail. but can't because my account settings are out of date AGAIN! I just fixed this, and now have to again? What's wrong?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date/0e596d7e-0c00-4392-af47-b4e23257df52
  7. Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date

Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date: In windows 10 mail, my Microsoft email account keeps losing its connection and I have to keep signing in over and over again. Usually once I sign in it remains OK for the duration that I have my computer powered on but almost always reoccurs when I go to power my machine back...
  8. Your account settings are out-of-date

Your account settings are out-of-date: For the last 2 days; Your account settings are out-of-date The weird part is that it doesnt affect my main account, just my 2 slave accounts (my son and father's email which is tied to my own). So my email comes up as normal but not the other 2. It just keeps...
  9. your account settings are out of date - Outlook

your account settings are out of date - Outlook: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date-outlook/8e2e4d54-129a-4cf7-9348-1d8dca506313
  10. Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date: That's nice, Windows, especially since I don't have an Outlook account. But this annoying message keeps popping up anyway. I have only set up Windows mail with a Gmail account, but it keeps blathering about a non-existent Outlook account. Poking around in the app, I did find...