Windows 10: Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it...

Discus and support Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The photos app must atomically do updates on the windows photo app This is my issue. Until recently it worked when clicked on "one" photo and took it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KarenHarris8, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it...

The photos app must atomically do updates on the windows photo app

This is my issue. Until recently it worked when clicked on "one" photo and took it to my editing program (I don't use this photo app for editing".

Now when I click on one photo and move it to the photo editing app that I do use, it takes all my photos to that particular program.

Please tell me how I can stop this from happening. If I want all my photos in my particular photo editing app that I use, I'll do that myself and don't want this photo app doing it for me.

Can anyone give me the answer on how to stop this app from doing that or do I need to uninstall it?

Thanks and would appreciate a response as soon as possible.

:)

KarenHarris8, Jul 19, 2019
  2. lxROKxl Win User

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it... [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it... :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Photo App Crashes

OK, I tried this, and it worked! I used option 2, suboption 3. Photos is now working as it should...(it's still a crappy app, but it's working).

larryvogel, Jul 19, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it...

Photos App

I don't have a solution for you.
    I just want to suggest an alternative............. restore Windows Photo Viewer which is part of Windows 7.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Personally I use Windows Photo Gallery. That's because I have Windows Essentials installed and I have been using it since Vista.

davidhk, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it...

1. Your photos app moves all my photos to the photo editing app that i use and I don't want it... - Similar Threads - photos app moves

2. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  3. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  4. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  5. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  6. I don't want the Photos app to copy my photos to onedrive when importing

I don't want the Photos app to copy my photos to onedrive when importing: My photos are stored on a network drive and I would like to keep it that way. I just need the Photos app to view and tag photos and then export to a different location with specific settings. Only, when I import, the app copies my photos to OneDrive. I have searched through...
  7. Editing in Photo App

Editing in Photo App: I've added and edited Orientation, Taken Date many photos into the My Pictures Folder, where I've added subfolders for Date or Event. I've turned off One Drive because it was slowing down my already slow Intel i3 computer. Since the Photo App displays photos from One Drive,...
  8. moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving Photos saved in bing to my photo app: I just saved some pictures I found in Bing. I'd like to Use them in FaceBook for my cover photo as a slide show. One can that be done. Two will they have to be transferred to my photo app. If so how is that done....
  9. How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?

How do I open the Photo App that includes photo editing?: How do I open the Photo App that includes editing? I know how to open Photos, but there is not any editing available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-the-photo-app-that-includes-photo/a9341ecf-badc-43bc-a314-a22a3ff4e7b3
  10. How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move thousands photos to Photo app?: I have thousand photos on my computer. They are located in about 46 folders. I want to move all these photos and folder to the photo app but it will take too long to move them one by one. Is there any chance to do it fast?...