Windows 10: YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This problem started occurring after the latest update for me, you tube played movie with no problem. In addition they are the ones I purchased/rented... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imcanadian, Jul 15, 2017.

1. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

This problem started occurring after the latest update for me, you tube played movie with no problem. In addition they are the ones I purchased/rented from Google Play. They work on my Android phone, just not on edge. I reset all to default and selected to run, still no luck.

bknight2602, Nov 3, 2017
  2. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Thanks for responding, however, I don't find an installed Flash Player by adobe. All I have is a Reader installed.

bknight2602, Nov 4, 2017
  4. torre Win User

YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10

Did you use this above tutorial when you reset Edge ?

Not to interrupt, but I think Gordon is talking about removing the Flash Windows Update (KB4051613) to see if that is the issue.

torre, Nov 4, 2017
  5. I don't remember the steps that I took to do the reset.

There is no Adobe program in the program and features except Reader. I don't know anything further.

bknight2602, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It' a Windows update supplied by Microsoft.

Settings > Update & security > View installed update history > Uninstall updates

Look for it in the 'Microsoft Windows' section.

7. Ah, yes it was there. Uninstalled it, and I believe I have to restart before changes will take effect. I'll post back results.
    Thanks to all.

bknight2602, Nov 4, 2017
  8. Gordon7 Win User

Hope it's fixed now - ? For others that have this problem:
    Go to Control Panel > Program & Features > click on "View Installed Updates"

YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

Gordon7, Nov 5, 2017
  9. I just logged back into the lap with win 10 and no edge can't run you tube videos. Good thin I have FireFox.

bknight2602, Nov 5, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    Youtube videos run on Edge here no problems with that in the 1709 update, no need for Direfox.
    It uses HTML5 player by default not FlashPlayer.

Helmut, Nov 8, 2017
  11. byu1 Win User
    do you mean this should be uninstalled to fix this problem?

12. Whats the actual message/error you get when you try? Could you post a screenshot of it?

kingtez1984, Dec 29, 2017
  13. byu1 Win User

14. robinpe Win User
    I tried everything I could find on the internet & this forum to figure out why youtube couldn't play in Edge. I finally fixed it by right clicking on the sound/volume icon on the right side of the Taskbar, (I've forgotten what that area is called). I then selected 'Playback Devices'. I then played around with the speaker choices & reset the default. I can't remember exactly what I did, but it solved the problem & I can now get YouTube ok with Edge. I would suggest checking with the Windows Media Player first to see if that plays music ok. If it won't then try my suggestion.

robinpe, Feb 23, 2018
  15. I installed windows 10 media feature pack and then everything worked fine.

DouglasSWE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - YouTube won't play

2. after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome: after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome. after removed this patch, youtub works well on both edge and chrome.but win11 is asking me to install this KB5028254 again ?? how can I skip this patch ? or any comment ? many thanks....
  3. after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome: after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome. after removed this patch, youtub works well on both edge and chrome.but win11 is asking me to install this KB5028254 again ?? how can I skip this patch ? or any comment ? many thanks....
  4. YouTube won't play higher that 240p

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    YouTube won't play higher that 240p: I have run out of places to search, so I am hoping someone here can help. I have an Alienware m17 R4 (i9 / RTX 3080) and with Edge, Chrome or Firefox, YouTube won't play videos consistently at a higher resolution than 240p. Sometimes I get 480p, but sometimes only 144p. I...
  5. Edge won't play CBS.com videos

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't play CBS.com videos: Have uBlock Origin installed on Brave, Opera and Edge. They all play CBS videos except for Edge. In fact, commercials pop up in Edge but never shows videos. - - - - - Windows 10 Pro 170676
  6. Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock: I use adblock, have always used it, and after the new update I wanted to go from Chrome to the new Edge. Brought over adblock and other stuff from chrome, but the adblock doesnt seem to work on youtube on the edge browser... It works fine on Chrome though. submitted by...
  7. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  8. Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10: Dear Team, Unable to play youtube videos in Edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/not-able-to-play-youtube-videos-in-edge-windows10/0d39e71f-ce2d-40e6-af07-c8398bbe37cf
  9. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge: Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few...
  10. Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge: Several months ago, my laptop stopped playing videos, whether they be YouTube, or even news videos. Only does this using MS Edge.. Chrome plays them fine. Saw a similar issue, and it said to solve change Rendering to Software rather than GPU Rendering. I changed it, restarted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when youtube wont play on edge