Windows 10: 10 Update

Discus and support 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Updating drivers doesn't fix. Had to power down laptop then remove battery & power cord. After reinstalling the battery and power cord then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cpack1, Jun 24, 2019.

1. cpack1 Win User

10 Update

Updating drivers doesn't fix.

Had to power down laptop then remove battery & power cord.

After reinstalling the battery and power cord then powering up the sound is normal.

:)

cpack1, Jun 24, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 10 Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 24, 2019
  4. 10 Update

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

10 Update

1. 10 Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. Has anyone experienced all MS updates being broken since after December 19, 2023?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone experienced all MS updates being broken since after December 19, 2023?: For the last four and a half months, I cannot update Windows backing out updates, Windows Store is failing to update any app Something happened on our end, search not even taking a single input. And now, just yesterday April 24, 2024, the new Outlook suddenly forgot me and is...
  3. Has anyone experienced all MS updates being broken since after December 19, 2023?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone experienced all MS updates being broken since after December 19, 2023?: For the last four and a half months, I cannot update Windows backing out updates, Windows Store is failing to update any app Something happened on our end, search not even taking a single input. And now, just yesterday April 24, 2024, the new Outlook suddenly forgot me and is...
  4. Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...: Hello everyone ! I'm unable to update Windows 11 on my laptop for the past few days. I keep getting the same error Error 0x80040154 again and again. I have tried several solutions as mentioned below: 1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter shows that problem is...
  5. Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...

Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...: Hello everyone ! I'm unable to update Windows 11 on my laptop for the past few days. I keep getting the same error Error 0x80040154 again and again. I have tried several solutions as mentioned below: 1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter shows that problem is...
  6. error code 0x80070002 while trying to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 0x80070002 while trying to update: ive had this issues for a few months now and havent been able to update to the newest version of windows for a while. i tried to update to windows 11 to see if that would fix it but got that error code. ive tried manually downloading and installing the update from the...
  7. error code 0x80070002 while trying to update

error code 0x80070002 while trying to update: ive had this issues for a few months now and havent been able to update to the newest version of windows for a while. i tried to update to windows 11 to see if that would fix it but got that error code. ive tried manually downloading and installing the update from the...
  8. error code 0x80070002 while trying to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update: I have generally created a new recovery drive image after each Windows Update - which is generally monthly. I actually create two just to be on the safeside. Following the April 2024 update the creation of the image fails when about 95% complete. I have rebooted the computer...
  10. Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update

Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update: I have generally created a new recovery drive image after each Windows Update - which is generally monthly. I actually create two just to be on the safeside. Following the April 2024 update the creation of the image fails when about 95% complete. I have rebooted the computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Build 11727.20210 download