Windows 10: 2 microsoft accounts - how do I change which OneDrive it backs up to?

Discus and support 2 microsoft accounts - how do I change which OneDrive it backs up to? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I have just set up a new laptop, but I signed into Windows to set it up with my basic Microsoft account lets call it B for basic - and I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaInnes, May 30, 2020.

1. 2 microsoft accounts - how do I change which OneDrive it backs up to?

Hi - I have just set up a new laptop, but I signed into Windows to set it up with my basic Microsoft account lets call it B for basic - and I have a family account too let's call that F.

I thought I would be able to switch between them once I was set up - and I did even switch over to my F account email address as admin, but my OneDrive is now full the free version for accounto B - 5GB, and I can't figure out how to get things to back up to my F account that has 1TB left on it. I have managed to upload some large folders manually into F -the one with space, but how do I get it to back-up there, by default, please?

Seems that doesn't synch at all.

Thanks!

:)

LindaInnes, May 30, 2020

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, May 30, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, May 30, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

2 microsoft accounts - how do I change which OneDrive it backs up to?

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

2 microsoft accounts - how do I change which OneDrive it backs up to?

1. 2 microsoft accounts - how do I change which OneDrive it backs up to? - Similar Threads - microsoft accounts change

2. how do i recover my account which became 2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i recover my account which became 2: I have a problem with my Microsoft account, I found this problem when I want to verify my account on my Windows PC, when I want to verify it can't, then I open it in my web browser like Chrome, I enter Microsoft when I want to log in, I can't with account reasons I wasn't...
  3. how do i recover my account which became 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i recover my account which became 2: I have a problem with my Microsoft account, I found this problem when I want to verify my account on my Windows PC, when I want to verify it can't, then I open it in my web browser like Chrome, I enter Microsoft when I want to log in, I can't with account reasons I wasn't...
  4. how do i recover my account which became 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...: When I am selecting forget option for the work account, it shows Couldn't sign out of this account. Please try again later. Kindly suggest....
  6. How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove my work account associated with my Microsoft account in Onedrive which is...: When I am selecting forget option for the work account, it shows Couldn't sign out of this account. Please try again later. Kindly suggest....
  7. How do I get a Microsoft account back?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get a Microsoft account back?: An account I have was accidentally deleted a few days ago. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-microsoft-account-back/73759d48-b21a-46ba-a00b-34e7028578bf
  8. How do I get a Microsoft account back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a Microsoft account back?: An account I have was accidentally deleted a few days ago. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-microsoft-account-back/73759d48-b21a-46ba-a00b-34e7028578bf
  9. OneDrive for 2 Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive for 2 Microsoft Accounts: 1 I installed Windows 10 Home Ver 1909 on my laptop and setup using my "personal"@gmail.com. 2 Windows File Explorer shows - my One drive folder as below: [ATTACH] 3 My business associate purchased the Family One-Drive account and allocated 1TB to my *** Email address...
  10. OneDrive for 2 Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive for 2 Microsoft Accounts: I login into my Windows 10 PC with MS Account-X. OneDrive is displayed in File Explorer with limit of 5GB. Recently a family member has purchased a OneDrive Family subscription where I am allocated with 1 TB. I used a secondaryAccount-Y for this subscription as the folders...