Windows 10: A few Brief Questions about W10

Discus and support A few Brief Questions about W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015.

1. A few Brief Questions about W10

1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ?

2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ?

I unpinned the games, groove music, sports, movies, food and flipboard. Are there any others I should get rid of ?
    How come some of them will go away after I unpin them and some don't ?
    How come I can delete some and not others ?
    What is Pinger ?

3. I unpinned the file explorer from the bottom of the taskbar and left it on the start menu.....but it won't go away. Any idea why ?

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015

2. A few questions about the e61

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully others will give me some insight on Exchange. Do you like your e61? I currently have a Tmobile SDA and I like it but would like a full qwerty keyboard. Hopefully I can do most things with an e61 that I can on my SDA.

crispeto---01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. A few questions about Asha 302

Hello,

I don't really like making multiple topics, but since I can't edit my other topic, I will do it like this.

My previous Nokia (E71) had the option to set multiple alarms. (As I am a oversleeper, I would always set up an alarm every minute to wake up and I don't really want to use the snooze button, as I will just turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.) Is that
    still on this phone? I can't find it.

And my second question, while importing my phone names, some were missing. That's not really a problem, but with the imported names, the first name comes first and then the surname (In the contact list), but with newly created contacts, it's the other way
    around. How can I switch this?

Doodgraver---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. A few Brief Questions about W10

Dick Jagger, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Thanks, any suggestions for the other problems ?

RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015
  6. CmmTch Win User
    Search Icon or Box - Show or Remove on Windows 10 Taskbar - Windows 10 Forums

Not exactly sure what you're taking about, maybe it's the task view button. The task view resembles a small box it's on the left side of the taskbar, same side as the search box.

Task View on Taskbar - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I believe that's a fixed item in the start menu and can't be deleted.

Check the tutorials, Brink has done a fine job and a lot of questions can be answered from them.

Windows 10 Tutorials

CmmTch, Jul 30, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    #3, check Settings>Personalization>Start then click on "Choose which folders appear on Start" This gives a choice of 10 folders to either have appear or not on Start.

Sorry my earlier response for question 3 was incorrect *Redface

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

A few Brief Questions about W10

1. A few Brief Questions about W10 - Similar Threads - few Brief Questions

2. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  3. A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10: Ahoy Windows 10 folks! So as the title says, I'm going to be reinstalling Windows 10 completely (planning to do so tomorrow). What I bought (about 1 year ago, when I built this PC) is a full "Retail" version of Windows 10 Home, which came in the form of the little white box...
  4. A few questions about shipping a broken product

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A few questions about shipping a broken product: I recently had to order a new surface luckily i was under a 1 year warranty. It says that the order was placed for a in warranty exchange but they never gave me direcrions on who to ship it too. I need help on what to do...
  5. Question about reinstalling W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about reinstalling W10: Hi. I have a Lenovo laptop which has come preinstalled with W10. I have connected it to wifi and Windows shows as "activated". However as there are a lot of unwanted preinstalled apps, I was considering reinstalling W10 from scratch using a bootable USB created from...
  6. Questions about W10 upgrade page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about W10 upgrade page: I can't move from 10240 to the next build via WU regardless of what I do (have done many things to try an make it work via windows update, all to no avail) I've reached the point of trying the Windows 10 site https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10 to upgrade to...
  7. Question about W10 Image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about W10 Image.: I usually back up my current system by making an image on another disk. I just did that, and thought I wonder if anyone's tested it for reliability. I mean is it still working as intended in W10 64? 26764
  8. The first of a few questions regarding installing W10.

The first of a few questions regarding installing W10.: What needs completed: Remove Ubuntu 16.0.4 Install W10. Reinstall Ubuntu dual boot. First problem: Can not get into bios to change settings to boot from W10 DVD. The reason is, the HP logo comes and goes to fast. Any ideas on solving this? To be continued ater...
  9. Question About W10 Flash Drive

Question About W10 Flash Drive: I am dual booting W10 and Ubuntu 14.04 on one computer and W7 and Ubuntu 14.04 on a Desktop. I have W10 on a Flash Drive that I made when I updated this Dell 960 small form 64 bit computer from W7 Home to W10 as a test about 8 months ago. I am ready to update my Dell 960...
  10. A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about resetting the BIOS settings.: Hey, What is the proper way to short the CMOS jumper on a laptop motherboard if I don't have that thing that goes on it? Also, when doing a BIOS recovery (this laptop's keyboard is broken and I can't use the Fn key) can I use an external normal-sized mechanical keyboard...