A few Brief Questions about W10

Discus and support A few Brief Questions about W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RaymondWindoz10 Win User

1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ?

2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ?

I unpinned the games, groove music, sports, movies, food and flipboard. Are there any others I should get rid of ?
    How come some of them will go away after I unpin them and some don't ?
    How come I can delete some and not others ?
    What is Pinger ?

3. I unpinned the file explorer from the bottom of the taskbar and left it on the start menu.....but it won't go away. Any idea why ?

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015
  2. crispeto---01 Win User

A few questions about the e61

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully others will give me some insight on Exchange. Do you like your e61? I currently have a Tmobile SDA and I like it but would like a full qwerty keyboard. Hopefully I can do most things with an e61 that I can on my SDA.

crispeto---01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Doodgraver---01 Win User
    A few questions about Asha 302

Hello,

I don't really like making multiple topics, but since I can't edit my other topic, I will do it like this.

My previous Nokia (E71) had the option to set multiple alarms. (As I am a oversleeper, I would always set up an alarm every minute to wake up and I don't really want to use the snooze button, as I will just turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.) Is that
    still on this phone? I can't find it.

And my second question, while importing my phone names, some were missing. That's not really a problem, but with the imported names, the first name comes first and then the surname (In the contact list), but with newly created contacts, it's the other way
    around. How can I switch this?

Doodgraver---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Dick Jagger Win User

Dick Jagger, Jul 30, 2015
  5. RaymondWindoz10 Win User
    Thanks, any suggestions for the other problems ?

RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015
  6. CmmTch Win User
    Search Icon or Box - Show or Remove on Windows 10 Taskbar - Windows 10 Forums

Not exactly sure what you're taking about, maybe it's the task view button. The task view resembles a small box it's on the left side of the taskbar, same side as the search box.

Task View on Taskbar - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I believe that's a fixed item in the start menu and can't be deleted.

Check the tutorials, Brink has done a fine job and a lot of questions can be answered from them.

Windows 10 Tutorials

CmmTch, Jul 30, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    #3, check Settings>Personalization>Start then click on "Choose which folders appear on Start" This gives a choice of 10 folders to either have appear or not on Start.

Sorry my earlier response for question 3 was incorrect *Redface

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A few Brief Questions about W10 - Similar Threads - few Brief Questions

2. Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.: Is there anyway to check the battery level? I didn't see anything in the game bar. This would be a really convenient feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/question-about-the-xb1-controller-and-windows-10/f739f6d0-51ff-47cb-9824-62ce72afb803
  3. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space: Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen. Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is...
  4. about dell support assist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    about dell support assist: my pc dell vostro 14 3468 del support assit is no opening it showing not responding after I updated my windos 10 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/about-dell-support-assist/4d60aa9c-0ce8-4b30-9c20-17ad95c8185a
  5. question is related to cmd

question is related to cmd: many external commands are not running on my cmd. it says that " 'chkdsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."...
  6. Windows 10 crashes every few days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes every few days: Hi I have this issue since April now. Windows 10 randomly crashes every few days. I have now changed 4 hdd's sent the ram for replacement, and have also sent the motherboard for tests. Wondering if anyone had similar problems. I.have Asus Z170a motherboard and 16gb ram...
  7. looking for previous question

in Windows 10 Customization
    looking for previous question: fsdafsd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/looking-for-previous-question/60c54f59-2400-43ee-b0ab-158dced02c67
  8. Informing MS about a Virus NOT detected by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Informing MS about a Virus NOT detected by Windows Defender: How do we inform MS about a virus on my system, that is NOT being detected/fixed by Windows Defender? Alan...
  9. windows shell experience host terminated (clues about the bug - for Microsoft)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows shell experience host terminated (clues about the bug - for Microsoft): I have real a lot of reports about problems with windows shell experience host. I have a nearly new PC, and verified there is no corruption of the OS (given the state of the tools from Microsoft). I suspect this is a bug in the OS. I have perhaps a clue that may help you...
  10. A couple of Diskpart questions?

A couple of Diskpart questions?: Hi all, I have a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive that Ive created. I have a couple of questions that Im curious about. 1. If I select the USB flash drive in Diskpart and then type in Detail Disk. There is an option listed there..."Boot Disk" and in my case it says "No"....