A few Brief Questions about W10

Discus and support A few Brief Questions about W10 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RaymondWindoz10 Win User

1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ?

2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ?

I unpinned the games, groove music, sports, movies, food and flipboard. Are there any others I should get rid of ?
    How come some of them will go away after I unpin them and some don't ?
    How come I can delete some and not others ?
    What is Pinger ?

3. I unpinned the file explorer from the bottom of the taskbar and left it on the start menu.....but it won't go away. Any idea why ?

:)

RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015
  2. crispeto---01 Win User

A few questions about the e61

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully others will give me some insight on Exchange. Do you like your e61? I currently have a Tmobile SDA and I like it but would like a full qwerty keyboard. Hopefully I can do most things with an e61 that I can on my SDA.

crispeto---01, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Doodgraver---01 Win User
    A few questions about Asha 302

Hello,

I don't really like making multiple topics, but since I can't edit my other topic, I will do it like this.

My previous Nokia (E71) had the option to set multiple alarms. (As I am a oversleeper, I would always set up an alarm every minute to wake up and I don't really want to use the snooze button, as I will just turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.) Is that
    still on this phone? I can't find it.

And my second question, while importing my phone names, some were missing. That's not really a problem, but with the imported names, the first name comes first and then the surname (In the contact list), but with newly created contacts, it's the other way
    around. How can I switch this?

Doodgraver---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Dick Jagger Win User

Dick Jagger, Jul 30, 2015
  5. RaymondWindoz10 Win User
    Thanks, any suggestions for the other problems ?

RaymondWindoz10, Jul 30, 2015
  6. CmmTch Win User
    Search Icon or Box - Show or Remove on Windows 10 Taskbar - Windows 10 Forums

Not exactly sure what you're taking about, maybe it's the task view button. The task view resembles a small box it's on the left side of the taskbar, same side as the search box.

Task View on Taskbar - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I believe that's a fixed item in the start menu and can't be deleted.

Check the tutorials, Brink has done a fine job and a lot of questions can be answered from them.

Windows 10 Tutorials

CmmTch, Jul 30, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    #3, check Settings>Personalization>Start then click on "Choose which folders appear on Start" This gives a choice of 10 folders to either have appear or not on Start.

Sorry my earlier response for question 3 was incorrect *Redface

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

A few Brief Questions about W10 - Similar Threads - few Brief Questions

1. Win 10 keeps minimizing and re-opening all windows every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 keeps minimizing and re-opening all windows every few seconds: I noticed something strange last night when my notification pane kept opening and closing every few seconds. I was streaming video on full screen on a second monitor at the time and didn't notice any other bugs. This morning, i attempted to open some applications to start...
  2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD after a few weeks of no BSODs

in Windows 10 Support
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD after a few weeks of no BSODs: I came back today around 10 P.M. to find out that my computer had a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD 2 weeks after I had the same BSOD, though I'm unsure if fltmgr.sys or something else caused it: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug caused by fltmgr.sys - Windows 10 Forums . I followed...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store Apps crashing few seconds after they've been opened: Title says it all, I just wanted to try paint3d, sketch book and mixed reality and they all seem to crash after few seconds. Even the Microsoft Store crashes like this sometimes 112042
  4. Start Menu opens cut without the bottom for a few seconds after movies

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu opens cut without the bottom for a few seconds after movies: hi there, I noticed that quite often after watching a movie so with the PC doing an x job for a while, when you click on start menu or with Windows' button, the menu would open without the bottom part for a few moments, for then loading the last bit eventually …. then if you...
  5. PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound: Hello, my name is Martin and I come from Croatia. SPECS: GPU: RX 460 4GB CPU: AMD FX 6350 MOBO: AsRock 970 Pro3 RAM: Vengance Ram 16GB (1 stick holds 8gb of DDR3 Ram) CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Evo 212 Power Supply: Akyga 600W OS: WIndows 10 64bit I do have 3 PC Case fans,...
  6. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected device sound keeps happening every few seconds: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  7. After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803, AV system is microstuttering every few seconds: I installed the 1803 update a few days ago, and as soon as it had rebooted, I found that YouTube videos would "stutter" every few seconds. For a fraction of a second, everything freezes up and the audio makes a buzzing sound, like a cell phone on vibrate but lower pitched....
A few Brief Questions about W10 solved