Windows 10: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. This makes multitasking and organizing with your opened apps much easier now.

The Task View icon has been changed starting with Windows 10 build 17063.

Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

If you hide the Task View button, you will still be able to use Task View with keyboard shortcuts.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the Task View button as needed on your taskbar in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Hide or Show "Task View" Button on Taskbar using Taskbar Context Menu
    • Option Two: Hide or Show "Task View" Button on Taskbar using BAT File Download

EXAMPLE: Hide or show Task View button on taskbar

OPTION ONE [/i] Hide or Show "Task View" Button on Taskbar in Taskbar Context Menu

*note If you have tablet mode turned on, then you will see this below when you right click on the taskbar instead.

1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, and do step 2 or step 3 below.

2. To Show "Task View" button on your Taskbar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on Show Task View button to check it. (see screenshot below)

3. To Hide "Task View" button on your Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on Show Task View button to uncheck it. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Hide or Show "Task view" Button on Taskbar using a BAT File Download

*note The .bat files below are for the registry key and value below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

ShowTaskViewButton DWORD

0 = Hide "Task view" button
    1 = Show "Task view" button

1. Do step 2 or 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show "Task View" Button on your Taskbar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Task_view_on_Taskbar.bat

Download

3. To Hide "Task View" Button on your Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Task_view_on_Taskbar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop, and run it.

5. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

*note If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by unblocking the downloaded .bat file.

6. You will now notice your screen flicker as explorer is restarted.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 12, 2014

2. Disable Windows 10 desktop search

Hi Carlene,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps and check:

Right-click on Taskbar and you'll get options to show or hide Search icon, Search box and Task View buttons on Taskbar:

Just uncheck desired option to remove Search box, Search icon or Task View button from Taskbar in Windows 10.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 12, 2014
  3. Windows 10-Task View - "New Desktop" icon missing

Right-click Taskbar and enable "Show Task View button". This shows the
    Task View
    icon in the taskbar.

As for "New Desktop" icon missing in the Task View screen, this happens if you're in Tablet mode. Task View Window "New Desktop"
    Button Missing in Windows 10

To turn off Tablet mode, click the Action Center icon in the Notification area and turn off the
    Tablet mode toggle switch.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 12, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Hey Shawn,
    The DWORD in option three, (under 'Note'), should be 'Enabled' not 'AllUpView'
    Just sayin. *Wink

Edwin, Dec 12, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Oops. Thank you Edwin. *Smile

Brink, Dec 12, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    No probs! *Smile
    I did it manually and it didn't work, so I thought... hey...
    You got one for the search entry too?

Edwin, Dec 12, 2014
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 12, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

K, thanks.
    Great features and all, but, to be honest, I don't use either one of them! *Smile

Edwin, Dec 12, 2014
  9. djhnsn043 Win User
    Is there a way to break the functionality of task view? That would totally solve the issue I am having with the swipe gesture. These seem like ways to hide it, but I want to disable it.

djhnsn043, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Task

2. Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.: I've recently got a new HP Desktop PC with Windows 11 Home.I've done everything I need to do with it but an odd fault has occurred where the folder view option shows hidden files when the don't show button is clicked & hides them when the show button is clicked.It's not a...
  3. Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder View Hide / Show Buttons Reversed.: I've recently got a new HP Desktop PC with Windows 11 Home.I've done everything I need to do with it but an odd fault has occurred where the folder view option shows hidden files when the don't show button is clicked & hides them when the show button is clicked.It's not a...
  4. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Browsers and Email
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  5. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Windows 10 Support
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  6. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...
  7. Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons

in Windows 10 News
    Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons: [img] One of the new 'features' that is included with Windows 10 Technical Preview are the multi-tasking (virtual desktop) and search buttons that are in the taskbar. In the current release of Windows 10, these buttons are permanently in the bar and cannot be removed....
  8. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10: How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail...
  9. Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Ink Workspace does), and tapping on it will bring it up the virtual touchpad. Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, the...
  10. Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show my task view buton