Windows 10: About to update, but found an issue with Dism

Discus and support About to update, but found an issue with Dism in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was about to about to the latest update when I decided to check my system. Using the powershell and the check and scan commands here: Use DISM to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AirPower4ever, Aug 19, 2019.

1. About to update, but found an issue with Dism

I was about to about to the latest update when I decided to check my system. Using the powershell and the check and scan commands here:

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

My system said when I did both that both were repairable. So I proceeded to the steps below and I keep getting the "restore operation failed". I tried step 5, got the failed part so went to step 6 and tried both options; where my install.wim is at (failed) and then tried the -limitaccess one and still same.

sfc finds issues too

What to do now?

:)

AirPower4ever, Aug 19, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Aug 19, 2019
  4. About to update, but found an issue with Dism

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

About to update, but found an issue with Dism

1. About to update, but found an issue with Dism - Similar Threads - update found issue

2. Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found: 0x800f081f - Error Code.I ran: Dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthIt says source file couldn't be found.Please help...When I ran:Dism /online /cleanup-image /Checkhealth It says Repairable component.Guys, I'm afraid why it shown and how to fix it. I thought to run it...
  3. Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found: 0x800f081f - Error Code.I ran: Dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthIt says source file couldn't be found.Please help...When I ran:Dism /online /cleanup-image /Checkhealth It says Repairable component.Guys, I'm afraid why it shown and how to fix it. I thought to run it...
  4. DISM found something corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM found something corrupted: I kept getting the error 0x800f0831 so i tried to fix it using a DISM command, and I found out that something is corrupted, How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-found-something-corrupted/d3cf072a-76f8-4dfe-a9e7-9fd2f8adced6
  5. DISM found something corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM found something corrupted: I kept getting the error 0x800f0831 so i tried to fix it using a DISM command, and I found out that something is corrupted, How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-found-something-corrupted/d3cf072a-76f8-4dfe-a9e7-9fd2f8adced6
  6. DISM found something corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DISM sources not found windows update not working issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM sources not found windows update not working issue: I have noticed on a brand new laptop a windows update not working, i seem to have tried every step in the book for windows update fixes and no luck. Troubleshooting is disappointing Iv tried to fix things with sfc /scannow and DISM / ect.... But i keep getting "sources cannot...
  8. About to update, but found an issue with Dism

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About to update, but found an issue with Dism: I was about to about to the latest update when I decided to check my system. Using the powershell and the check and scan commands here: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image My system said when I did both that both were repairable. So I proceeded to the steps below and I keep...
  9. Dism source files not found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  10. DISM Source Not Found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source Not Found: Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it said "sources not found" that part not sure how to work around it. Windows 10 Pro x64bit 1703 15063.250 Finally got drives...