Windows 10: Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows

Discus and support Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows How to Generate a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows GUID (or UUID) is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows

How to: Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows

How to Generate a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows

GUID (or UUID) is an acronym for 'Globally Unique Identifier' (or 'Universally Unique Identifier'). The term GUID is generally used by developers working with Microsoft technologies, while UUID is used everywhere else.

GUIDs identify objects such as interfaces, manager entry-point vectors (EPVs), and class objects. A GUID is a 128-bit value consisting of one group of 8 hexadecimal digits, followed by three groups of 4 hexadecimal digits each, followed by one group of 12 hexadecimal digits. The following example GUID shows the groupings of hexadecimal digits in a GUID: 6B29FC40-CA47-1067-B31D-00DD010662DA

It's nearly impossible for the numbers generated for the GUID to have two numbers repeated making them unique.

For more information about GUID, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to quickly generate a new Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Generate a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in PowerShell
    • Option Two: Generate a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] Generate a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste either command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow [guid]::NewGuid()

OR

*Arrow '{'+[guid]::NewGuid().ToString()+'}'
    3. The 32-character number generated will be the new GUID.​

Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Generate a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste either command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow powershell [guid]::NewGuid()

OR

*Arrow powershell '{'+[guid]::NewGuid().ToString()+'}'
    3. The 32-character number generated will be the new GUID.​

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 13, 2018
  2. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported

Hi Jimish,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting a message “Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported” on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you logged in to the pc as admin?

• Is the computer connected to a domain network?

Winlogon communicates with the Group Policy service (GPSVC) through an RPC call upon system startup for computer policy and with user logon for user policy. System Center Configuration Manager installs a Client-Side Extension (CSE) in the Windows image,
    which is detected by the Group Policy service on first start. The Group policy service then isolates itself into a separate SVCHOST process (it is originally running in a shared process with other services). As RPC communications have already been established
    before the service isolation, Winlogon can no longer contact the Group Policy service, and this results in the error message that is described in the Symptoms section.

On later restarts, GPSVC is appearing in a separate process from the beginning of the operating system session, and therefore the RPC runtime has no problem finding the correct server process instance.

Suggest you to refer to the reply provided by “Azaruddin Syed” from this thread to check if that helps.

The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported after Windows update

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows

Group Policy Client Service failed at sign in. The Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by Azaruddin Syed, in the link below.

The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported after Windows update

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2019
  6. TRWOV Win User
    TRWOV, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows

1. Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows - Similar Threads - Generate Globally Unique

2. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  3. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  4. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  6. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  7. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?: i have my unique identifier on my account from my company on Subscriptions thare are several apllication include win 10/11 enterprise. can i upgrade my windows using my account?...
  8. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?: i have my unique identifier on my account from my company on Subscriptions thare are several apllication include win 10/11 enterprise. can i upgrade my windows using my account?...
  9. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

in Windows 10 News
    The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported: [ATTACH]Upon attempting to sign into a system that has the image (physical or virtual), […] This article The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Does a DeviceID/GUID for a partition change after Windows reinstall or is it unique/static?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does a DeviceID/GUID for a partition change after Windows reinstall or is it unique/static?: Hi. I would like to ask you this, for whoever knows and is kind to help me : Basically I have created a script that automatically locks a certain BitLocker Volume on demand, without the need for me to restart the PC. Here is a screenshot: [ATTACH] You can ignore the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [guid]:: NewGuid() 驅動程式 inf