Windows 10: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see more details about the drive, file, or folder.

The Details tab in the properties window of files allow you to see properties (metadata) and personal information about the file.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Details tab from file properties for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to remove the Security tab from drive, file, and folder properties window.

EXAMPLE: "Details" tab in Properties window

Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Details tab from File Properties for All Users
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Details_tab_to_Properties.reg

Download

3. To Remove Details tab from File Properties for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Details_tab_from_Properties.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 19, 2017

2. MP3 file property details

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to edit the Metadata of the mp3 files. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Were you able to make the changes in metadata with other details?
    Please provide a screenshot, when you are trying to edit the metadata.
    Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    2. Browse the location of the songs you want to edit.
    3. Right-click a song, and select
      Properties. Click the Details tab.
    4. Everything you see in the "Details" tab is part of the metadata information, and you can quickly edit most of it by clicking the value field next to the property. Some of the information that you can update
      includes song title (not the file name), album name, artist, genre, publisher, mood, and much more.
    5. After updating the metadata information, click the
      Apply button.
    6. Click the Ok button.

However, you can also check in Microsoft Store, Apps for MP3 metadata editors and use the one that is suitable for you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 26, 2019
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. SteveMann Win User

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details tab?

When I am working on a project, it would be nice to be able to add a comment field to the Details tab. I have a separate "notes.txt" for the project but if I could add notes to the Details tab, then I wouldn't need to maintain my notes in a separate text file.

Or, if there is a better solution - I am open to suggestion.
    (I have an account on GitHub, but the user learning process eludes me there).

SteveMann, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Details

2. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  3. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  4. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to add or remove ReadyBoost tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove ReadyBoost tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The ReadyBoost tab in the properties page window of drives allows you to manage using […] This article How to add or remove ReadyBoost tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Hardware tab in the properties window of drives allow you to see device properties […] This article How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. How to add or remove Quota tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Quota tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Quota tab in the Properties window of Drives allows you to manage disk quota settings for the drive. In this post, we will show you […] This article How to add or remove Quota tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows How to Add or Remove Customize tab in Folder Properties in Windows The Customize tab in the properties of a folder or non-OS drive allows you to change the folder icons if a supported option for the...
  9. Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows How to Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows The Compatibility tab on the property page displays a list of options that can be selected and applied to the application to resolve...
  10. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10: How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [img] Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos, etc...) can contain details (metadata) that tell a lot about the file and possibly personal information. While property details...