Windows 10: Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 31, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

How to: Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

How to Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The details pane in File Explorer shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties provide more detailed info about a file, such as the author, the date you last changed the file, and any descriptive tags you might have added to the file.

This tutorial will show you how to show or hide the details pane in File Explorer for your user account in Windows 10.

Note Setting the details pane to show or hide in File Explorer is a global setting that is applied to all folders, and not just in the current folder.

You can drag the left border of the details pane left and right to increase or decrease its width in File Explorer.

If you set the details pane to show, then it will replace the preview pane if it is currently showing.

If you turn off thumbnail previews in File Explorer, image files will also not show a preview in the details pane.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Show or Hide Details Pane using Keyboard Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Show or Hide Details Pane from File Explorer Ribbon
    • Option Three: To Show or Hide Details Pane using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Details pane in File Explorer

OPTION ONE [/i] To Show or Hide Details Pane using Keyboard Shortcut
    1. While in File Explorer, press the Alt+Shift+P keys to toggle to show and hide the details pane.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Show or Hide Preview Pane from File Explorer Ribbon
    1. While in File Explorer, click/tap on the View (Alt+V) tab, and click/tap on Details pane in the ribbon to toggle to show and hide the details pane. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Show or Hide Details Pane using a REG file
    1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Details Pane in File Explorer
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Details_pane_in_File_Explorer.reg

Download
    3. To Hide Details Pane in File Explorer
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Details_pane_in_File_Explorer.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you currently have File Explorer open, then close and reopen or navigate to another folder to apply.

8. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 31, 2017

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

Hi,

If you are referring for preview pane in File explorer then follow the steps below.

• Open File explorer; open any document or file or folder.
    • Click on View on the Quick access toolbar ribbon.
    • Click on Preview pane or Details pane.
    You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope it helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Hello,

Somehow I inadvertently changed the File Explorer Settings in Windows 10. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane in Windows 10?

Thanks,

dayhiker4k, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

I could use some help adding the description field for .jpg images to the details preview. I have followed your instructions step by step several times, but it doesn't work.
    Does it matter that whether the file extension is .jpg .JPG or .jpeg ?

Any help is appreciated!
    I'm trying to display and edit the IPTC and/or EXIF description data field of an image, in order to benefit from its SEO value online.
    Here is how it looks on my PC:

HagenPflueger, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Show or Hide Details Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Hide Details

2. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...: My File Explorer stopped showing me a PROPERTIES pane all of a sudden. It now shows a DETAILS pane. How do I get it back to showing properties?...
  3. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...: My File Explorer stopped showing me a PROPERTIES pane all of a sudden. It now shows a DETAILS pane. How do I get it back to showing properties?...
  4. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to show Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10: The Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10 helps to view details related to a selected folder or file. You can check details like date modified, date taken, dimensions, frame width n height, frame rate, etc., for a video file, image file, EXE file, folder, etc. Depending...
  6. Is there a way to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorer's detail pane?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorer's detail pane?: [ATTACH] I wanted to see if theres any method or app to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorers detail pane. Here's a picture to show what I mean. I want windows not to show the icon of a file or folder in the details pane submitted by...
  7. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane...: Hello, Somehow I inadvertently changed the File Explorer Settings in Windows 10. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane in Windows 10? Thanks, dayhiker4k...
  8. Position of File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Position of File Explorer Details Pane: Hi. According to the final entries on this old thread: Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums oldnewexplorer doesn't work after the Windows 10 anniversary update. I've newly upgraded to W10 and am disappointed that there is no longer a...
  9. Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information The preview pane in File Explorer shows you the contents of a file, such as image or text files, without having to open...
  10. Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane in File Explorer to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You can also move or copy items directly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the details pane displays which of the following?

2. windows phone detail

3. hide detail pane file explorer registry key

4. How To Hide the Details Pane Pre­view Pane in windows 10