Windows 10: Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 File Explorer (Win+E),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ratedx, Apr 18, 2017.

1. ratedx Win User

Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10

File Explorer (Win+E), previously known as Windows Explorer, is a file manager application that is included with Windows 10.

File Explorer is pinned to the taskbar by default in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the File Explorer icon on the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Pin (add) File Explorer to the Taskbar
    • Option Two: To Unpin (remove) File Explorer from the Taskbar

OPTION ONE [/i] To Pin (add) File Explorer to the Taskbar

*note This is the default setting.
    1. Open the Start menu (*Start).

2. Expand open the Windows System folder in the All apps list. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on File Explorer, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Pin to taskbar.

Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Unpin (remove) File Explorer from the Taskbar
    1. Right click or press and hold on the File Explorer icon on the taskbar, and click/tap on Unpin from taskbar. (see screenshot below)

Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ratedx, Apr 18, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 27, 2019
  5. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Oct 27, 2019
  6. File Explorer missing with Windows 10

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if File Explorer is unpinned from the taskbar due to change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Is the issue specific with File Explorer?

If you have not tried to pin the File Explorer icon, then I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "File Explorer" without the quotes in the search bar and right click on it.

3. Then click on Pin to taskbar.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove File

2. Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar: I have windows explorer pinned to my taskbar. For some reason when i open the folder or open a new window it generates another icon on the taskbar. See below [ATTACH][ATTACH] If somebody can help please let me know Thanks...
  3. File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Columns - Quick Add/Remove: Hi, Windows 10 user (using 20H2 but that's not relevant). Bit of a long shot... but i can't be the only one who sees this issue.. I want to add and remove columns in File Explorer on the fly. I know how to add a column and remove it. However, every time I want to add it I...
  4. How to add or remove Security tab from File Explorer in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Security tab from File Explorer in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]The Security tab in File Properties helps to set different permissions for different groups and users to a file or folder. You can access it […] This article How to add or remove Security tab from File Explorer in Windows 10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove file explorer search box from taskbar.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just cleaned up my keyboard like 10 minutes ago and forgot to unplug my keyboard because I am a very smart person. Long story short, I pressed all kinds of keys while cleaning. Now I got the search bar that also exists in the file explorer on my taskbar...
  6. add file explorer to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    add file explorer to taskbar: I am new to this forum. I have a custom computer, ECS A780GM-A motherboard, 6 GB of ram AMD CPU, 2.6 GHz tricore. I am currently upgraded to Windows 10 and learning my way around it. My question is can I add file explorer to the task bar and if so how do I go about doing it?...
  7. Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10 By default, users can right click or press and hold on an application, and click/tap on Pin to taskbar or Unpin from taskbar to pin or unpin...
  8. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area (aka: "system tray") is located at the far right end of the taskbar just to the left of the system clock and includes...
  9. Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove People Button from Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People button on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add file explorer to taskbar

2. add file exploerer to taskbar win 10