Windows 10: Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Set as desktop background' Context Menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove 'Set as desktop background' Context Menu in Windows 10

Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information When you right click on a .bmp, .dib, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, or .wdp image file, you can use the Set as desktop background context menu item to quickly set that image as your new desktop background wallpaper.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove 'Set as desktop background' from the context menu of image files for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Set as desktop background" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Set as desktop background" to Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Set_as_Desktop_Background.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Set as desktop background" from Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Set_as_Desktop_Background.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 11, 2017
  2. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 :)

Necrofire, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

4. f14tomcat Win User

Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu

Add Icon for in Context Menu - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Oct 26, 2019
  5. BC66 Win User
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

6. ronks Win User
    Disable "Set as desktop background" in Windows 10 File Explorer image context menu

Thanks for your suggestion. I think I have found a less drastic way, though:

Local Group Policy Editor

- User configuration

-- Control Panel

--- Personalization

Prevent changing desktop background

seems to do it without requiring regedit. There may be ways to evade this restriction, but I'm really just looking to prevent accidental changes via the context menu.

ronks, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Set as desktop background Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Set

2. How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Settings to the Desktop context menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It is important that you have convenient access to the most frequently used utilities while working on your computer. One of these, at least for me, is Windows Settings. They serve a plethora of purposes and I heavily rely on them. One of the easiest ways to make them...
  3. Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu: hi, *Smile I would like to Add Icon for "Next Desktop Background" in Context Menu i've tried but have no luck. Thank you! [img] 111517
  4. Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows How to Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode. While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays...
  5. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  6. Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Settings to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Settings context menu in Windows 10 Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Phone, Network & Internet,...
  7. Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Personalize Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information When you right click or press and hold on your desktop and click/tap on Personalize, it will open to Background...
  8. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  9. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  10. Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 The Open with context menu allows users to choose an app to open a file with. This tutorial will show how to add or remove the Open with context menu...