Windows 10: Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Is there a way to exclude a registry entry through the exclusions mechanism? I have disabled MsMpEng.exe from making outbound network requests via a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by f14tomcat, May 6, 2015.

1. fishytuna Win User

Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10

Is there a way to exclude a registry entry through the exclusions mechanism?

I have disabled MsMpEng.exe from making outbound network requests via a firewall rule (don't worry, I disable the rule once in a while to allow Defender to update itself; I just don't want it consuming my bandwidth every single day!)

However, in every scan, Defender complains about the firewall rule, flagging it as a trojan:

Code: Trojan:Win32/BlockMsav.A!reg Alert level: Severe Status: Quarantined Recommended action: Remove threat now. Category: Trojan Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker. regkeyvalue: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{---ID removed---}[/quote] I'd prefer to tell Defender not to mess with my firewall rule, which apparently boils down to a registry entry in the end; so if there's a mechanism to exclude a registry entry itself from the claws of Defender, that would be my saviour *Smile

It may be out of scope, but any other alternatives for disabling MsMpEng.exe from arbitrarily accessing the network would also be highly appreciated *Smile

fishytuna, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
  3. fishytuna Win User
    Thanks @Brink for the suggestion! Unfortunately I'm using a USB-tethered internet connection (which is hence treated as a wired connection by windows); AFAIK Windows doesn't allow wired connections to be marked as metered (have tried it on my own as well, with no luck; the "set as metered" switch automatically turns off as soon as I leave the connection settings page).

fishytuna, Apr 5, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Defender

2. Can't remove an exclusion window defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an exclusion window defender: A file type name 'exe' unable to remove in the exclusion.I clicked the remove button multiple of times but it didn't work.And i think that a virus because when i'm playing game it keep getting the'Blue screen' when i join the game.It's very annoying uncomfortable...
  3. Can't remove an exclusion window defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove an exclusion window defender: A file type name 'exe' unable to remove in the exclusion.I clicked the remove button multiple of times but it didn't work.And i think that a virus because when i'm playing game it keep getting the'Blue screen' when i join the game.It's very annoying uncomfortable...
  4. Can't remove Windows Defender Exclusions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Windows Defender Exclusions: Split from this thread. Hello! I have the same problem, but this malwarebytes feature becomed only with premium: what can i do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-windows-defender-exclusions/8bc938b2-3851-4df3-9b5b-444539c190fa
  5. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't add an exclusion for windows defender: i'm trying to add an exclusion for a file however it won't show up i even checked registery editor and it is not there at all. What can i do to fix this problem?...
  6. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add an exclusion for windows defender: i'm trying to add an exclusion for a file however it won't show up i even checked registery editor and it is not there at all. What can i do to fix this problem?...
  7. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows defender- Unable to add exclusions

windows defender- Unable to add exclusions: I'm using windows 10. I find that my antimalware service executable uses 27-30% of my cpu resources in times when I need to use it for other purposes which are important to me. As everyone knows that we can't kill this service in task manager, please someone help me how to...
  9. Add Program Exclusions To Windows Defender

Add Program Exclusions To Windows Defender: I make programs to solve needs I have. Many of these programs are TINY as in 50kb or so. On every other machine, double clicking one of these programs spawns a window within a second or less. But I got one machine that has Windows Defender running, and it takes up to a...
  10. "Add an exclusion" not selectable in Windows Defender

"Add an exclusion" not selectable in Windows Defender: For many years, I have used a custom "Hosts" file. I have read that Windows Defender will occasionally find that custom file and reinstall original. When I log on as administrator, the "Add an exclusion" line is gray and not a clickable link. Please help. 70897