Windows 10: Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed

Discus and support Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I no longer have the account that was setup as my microsoft administrator userid and I would like to change it from charter,net to google. Seems no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KarenCoker, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed

I no longer have the account that was setup as my microsoft administrator userid and I would like to change it from charter,net to google. Seems no way to do this without creating a new account.

Former userid: charter,net no longer exists so can not verify account

Want to change userid to permanent gmail account

without olosing everything

:)

KarenCoker, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to change the email account on the login screen of the PC.

We will surely help you to get it changed.

In that scenario, perform these steps and convert the Microsoft User Account from ntlworld account to Gmail account.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard, to launch
      Windows Settings
    2. Select Accounts and click on Your info from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the onscreen steps.
    4. Once the user account converted to a local account perform
      step 1 & 2.
    5. Click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and use the Gmail account that you newly created.

As an Additional reference:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Note: If you have any data stored on OneDrive with ntlworld account, you will not be able to access them once the account is changed to Gmail account. Please save the data from OneDrive
    to the local drive (C Drive) before you convert the user account.

I hope this will help you to resolve the issue.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed

1. Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed - Similar Threads - Administrator account useid

2. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  3. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  4. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  6. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  7. Changing hardware -> Old account email no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing hardware -> Old account email no longer exists.: So technically this isn't an issue I personally am having, my fiance just recently got a new motherboard and processor after finally getting tired of using AM3, and fortunately enough everything works. Except Windows. She no longer has the key since she bought a physical copy...
  8. Administrator account changed , need Help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account changed , need Help?: I need help to change my administrator back to my account, somehow it was changed to my daughters old account. Need HELP I have tried every password my daughter ever had no luck. She does not have a Microsoft account but I have had one for years. I have the newest version of...
  9. Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop: Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (xxxxxxxxxxx). In summary my old account was compromised and so I...
  10. 1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop: Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (1482589321). In summary my old account was compromised and so I...