Windows 10: Advanced power options hidden

Discus and support Advanced power options hidden in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop has most of its advanced power options hidden away, including Intel dynamic platform, processor state and bunch of other things. Creating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leòn_MC, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Leòn_MC Win User

Advanced power options hidden

My laptop has most of its advanced power options hidden away, including Intel dynamic platform, processor state and bunch of other things. Creating a new power plan, updating BIOS, disabled virtualization and even refreshed windows but nothing worked.

I did manage to find their GUID in regedit and tried activating them individually with powercfg command, yet it still wouldn't bring them out...

Any ideas how to fix this?

Win10 v1909 18363.535

:)

Leòn_MC, Jan 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Missing Advanced Power Options

Appreciate the advice however I've already added the aforementioned missing options but under "advanced options" are still another 7 to 10 that are missing...off the top of my head they are key DP control, link management, adaptive display, USB suspend, pic Express, wireless adapter

ridonctonc, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Advanced power options hidden

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Advanced power options hidden

1. Advanced power options hidden - Similar Threads - Advanced power options

2. Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multimedia Settings is not listed in advanced power options: [ATTACH] Windows won't turn my display off or go to sleep anymore (since 2 weeks or so). I did not change anything and I don't know since when my advanced power option settings don't have the Multimedia stuff anymore... I tried to get them back by doing this...
  3. Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options"

Missing most settings in the "Advanced power options": I have a new dell vostro 7500 with win 10 2004. When I got to advanced power options under any of the power plans, I don't see many of the options I normally see. here is all i see https://ibb.co/kxgZLrT I tried the instructions on the following page, but my regedit does...
  4. advanced power options and csenabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    advanced power options and csenabled: Hi Advanced power options went missing after the last update. No processor options, usb, gpu power, etc. The usual fix of CSEnabled in regedit is no longer there. The fan speed is out of control even with the slider bar set to better battery. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Advanced power plan options reduced - Solution?

Advanced power plan options reduced - Solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Agumon_mon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqmhq1/advanced_power_plan_options_reduced_solution/
  6. Cant change advanced power plan options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change advanced power plan options: I want to change the advanced settings for my power plan in windows 10 but they have taken away most of the options. I have tried to add them back with the regedit fix but the csenabled key isnt there anymore. Anyone with a fix please help. I am running the latest version of...
  7. Advanced Power Option for Networking in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Advanced Power Option for Networking in Win10: I have a 2020 Spectre X360 15 EB000. Version 1909, Build 18363.900. My Advanced Power Options does not have a network setting to allow me to able / disable networking while plugged in and in sleep mode. Does anyone know how to add this option, and whether or not adding may...
  8. Advanced Power Options missing networking options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Power Options missing networking options: I have a 2020 Spectre X360 15 EB000. Version 1909, Build 18363.900. My Advanced Power Options does not have a network setting to allow me to able / disable networking while plugged in and in sleep mode. Does anyone know how to add this option, and whether or not adding may...
  9. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem...
  10. Missing Advanced Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Advanced Power Options: I have a new Asus Zenbook UX431 with W10x64. Stock install. Win Pro. I only have 2 power plans: -'Balanced' -'Asus Recommended' However, when I goto advanced power options, I only have 4 available settings: Background, Sleep, Display, and Battery (see pic) I am missing all...