Windows 10: After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account

Discus and support After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account and I can't change back to administrator. I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Darmy08, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Darmy08 Win User

After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account

After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account and I can't change back to administrator. I receive notifications on every setting change with only NO as answer and requiring admin sign in ????? What are all these settings and who gave microsoft the right to change my settings, it's MY computer. Another thing I am NOT part of a workgroup, but I can never change this setting. I also want ALL my permissions change to allow me to change what I want.

:)

Darmy08, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account - Similar Threads - current update settings

2. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  3. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  4. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  6. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  7. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. changing my account as administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing my account as administrator: Hi! every one . I am Riya . I am facing problem in creating my account as administrator . I have seen many[ATTACH] youtube videos as well as my webpages on google but I can`t find any solution.[ATTACH]...
  9. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back: I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account....
  10. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...