Windows 10: After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times

Discus and support After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went to install the VGA driver but it said, you are about to install drivers that were older than the ones already installed. Should I do this? You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Allidoisace, Jun 22, 2016.

1. philc43 Win User

After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times

You can always update again later, this is just a test to see if makes a difference by using the manufacturers recommended driver.

philc43, Jun 23, 2016

2. Okay sounds good. I will try it and post back here what the results are.

Allidoisace, Jun 23, 2016
  3. I am still freezing up same way, through the browsers at random times, doesn't matter what website.

Allidoisace, Jun 26, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

OK, time to do some more tests and troubleshooting. I am not sure if this is a browser issue of if it is simply that you use browsers a lot and that puts stress on your PC.

There are some stress tests you can run for the CPU and GPU that will find out if your system has a problem.

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

FurMark - GPU Stress Test

You should also test your memory to make sure that it is not faulty: MemTest86+ - Test RAM

Work your way through these tests and report back.

philc43, Jun 26, 2016
  5. 1. Stress Test of CPU had no errors on both cores. I let is pass over 5 times for that.
    2. GPU test I was unsure of what to look for hahaha, but it seemed to go fine? Here is an image.

After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times [​IMG]

3. The memory test went all fine too with no errors, and yes I let it go more than 8 times.

6. philc43 Win User
    The memory test normally takes several hours to run 8 passes so I'm not sure what you did? Refer to the screenshot below, you need to wait until you see 8 in the pass box highlighted.

After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times [​IMG]

The Prime95 test should also be run for 3 hours, if you read the tutorial you will see this and also the warning to check on temperatures.

Similarly for the GPU test.

philc43, Jun 26, 2016
  7. I don't have that kind of time because it is a business computer, my dad's main computer he uses. I really don't think it has anything to do with the CPU, RAM or GPU. They all worked fine on Windows 7 and never had one issue.

Edit: It seems to freeze once at the beginning of the day and then doesn't do it for the rest of the day. Could there be a problem with sleep mode?

8. philc43 Win User

OK, I understand. Your comment about it only happening at the start of the day is relevant. I'm guessing that you have Fast startup activated and so the PC only ever does a hybrid shutdown. After a freeze, the PC will do a forced restart and then probably works fine for the rest of the day.

I would turn off Fast startup and see if it makes a difference. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jun 26, 2016
  9. Okay I changed that option and we will see what happens. I will respond with results.

Allidoisace, Jun 27, 2016
  10. Computer has frozen twice this morning, so no fix.

Allidoisace, Jun 27, 2016
  11. The freezing seems to be occurring within 5-10 minutes of using the Internet after the computer boots up (enter password).

Allidoisace, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times - Similar Threads - Installing Freezes Random

2. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,: Hi, so basically everytime i play a game on windows 10 the whole thing freezes after a random amount of time but i still manage to hear the sound normally while i cannot do anything else.What have i tried so far:-installed all windows 10 updates-updated and checked all my...
  3. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,: Hi, so basically everytime i play a game on windows 10 the whole thing freezes after a random amount of time but i still manage to hear the sound normally while i cannot do anything else.What have i tried so far:-installed all windows 10 updates-updated and checked all my...
  4. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Freezes at random times.

Windows 10 Freezes at random times.: Hi,So last week i started experiencing lag or whole computer freezing for few seconds and then going back normal. I looked around internet for answers and saw that updating bios would help, so i did that and updated my bios, but nothing changed.Somewhere i saw that if you go...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Freezes at random times.: Hi,So last week i started experiencing lag or whole computer freezing for few seconds and then going back normal. I looked around internet for answers and saw that updating bios would help, so i did that and updated my bios, but nothing changed.Somewhere i saw that if you go...
  7. Windows 10 Freezes at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time

Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time: Starting a few months ago, at random intervals my entire computer will kind of "freeze". I put that in quotations because I can still move my mouse and click on certain things, but all software seems to come to a halt. If I'm watching a youtube video, the audio will keep...
  9. Random Freezes after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Freezes after installing Windows 10: I finally decided to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During installation I had multiple instances where it froze on me. After a lot of trouble I managed to finish installation I can use my PC for a couple minutes to an hour before it crashes, these aren't blue...
  10. computer freezing at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    computer freezing at random times: My computer keeps randomly freezing and it is driving me nuts! Sometimes I can be playing for hours and nothing happens or I have had it also freeze when it is starting up or once windows has loaded. I can't remember when I bought it but for a graphics card, it has a geforce...