Windows 10: All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep

Discus and support All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After I Start Windows 10 or wake up from sleep, browsers(edge, internet explorer, Firefox) hang. When I open the browser and click on a link nothing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by helixal, Dec 22, 2016.

1. helixal Win User

All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep

After I Start Windows 10 or wake up from sleep, browsers(edge, internet explorer, Firefox) hang. When I open the browser and click on a link nothing happens. To close the browser I have to use alt F4 or task manager. While this is happening, "service host local service(no network)(5)" is the most active application with 17-24% CPU usage. After about 20 minutes, the problem clears and the browser functions and the service host goes to 0% usage.

Other apps which access the internet, such as outlook, quicken, malware bytes work, albeit more slowly. This behavior started in the last few weeks and before the latest win10 update.

Any ideas about what's happening or how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Al

:)

helixal, Dec 22, 2016

2. Very slow to boot up windows 10

Sounds very much like my problem. Win8.1 sleep was great but since 10 always crashes coming out of sleep.

My boot up is slightly different in that it boots fast enough but hangs when the second or third prog is started. After time out it all works just fine.

AviatorAB380, Dec 22, 2016
  3. System hangs - Task manager showing 100% disk usage

When I choose file upload button in any browser on my PC, The entire system hangs. After awhile the dialogue opens and after choosing the file system again hangs. Sometimes the browser closes un expectedly. In my Task manager it shows 100% disk usage. How
    can I solve this

Original subject: System hangs

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category, and subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

ABHIJITHV R, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Anak Win User

Hi helixal, welcome to 10F! *Smile

Your service host local service(no network) is an indication that something else is running and has priority over the service host, once the other services are set, service host can finish its startup to run dropping the CPU usage to 0%.

I would check your startup programs and disable any that aren't important. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html
    I would also double check other processes to see if you can tell if there are any other apps or programs that seem busy. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

• Is this an upgrade to win10?
    It would be very helpful if your system specs were filled-in, instead of "Who knows"; You can do that by following: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums
    Where it says "Ignore option 5 for ten forums" in the tip box, option 5 is an auto fill that doesn't work when filling in your specs for 10F, you have to copy/paste/type the information that the 7F tool provides.

5. helixal Win User
    Anak, Thanks for your response.

This does happen in safe mode. The CPU usage however is around 13% rather than 20%.

I closed about 2/3 of the startup programs and it still happens although the desktop appears sooner.

This is an upgrade from windows 7

I checked other processes in task manager and this is the only one that is using more than 1% of CPU

I filled in some more of system specs. I couldn't find details on the motherboard. I think it is a legacy board not UEFI.

Al

helixal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep - Similar Threads - browsers hang boot

2. Laptop constantly hanging when internet browser is opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop constantly hanging when internet browser is opened: I have an issue with my ASUS laptop hanging everytime I use it with an opened internet browser. I booted in safe mode and it doesn't happen there which leads me to believe that the problem is due to a software conflict. What do I do now to resolve the issue?...
  3. Laptop constantly hanging when internet browser is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop constantly hanging when internet browser is opened: I have an issue with my ASUS laptop hanging everytime I use it with an opened internet browser. I booted in safe mode and it doesn't happen there which leads me to believe that the problem is due to a software conflict. What do I do now to resolve the issue?...
  4. Laptop constantly hanging when internet browser is opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Un-openable and un-deletable apps when i search for it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Un-openable and un-deletable apps when i search for it!: Hi-hi everyone! Recently I have been having issues with searching and having unopenable application in the search even when i have for this example, blender, installed, it just puts it under the unopenable one, and it's irritating. Is there any way to fix it?...
  6. browser video hangs

browser video hangs: I've tried to play videos from MSN web site others also using Edge, Firefox, and Opera ----- I've tried with two Dell computers and a Gigabyte ----- within 120 seconds of play, both video and audio stop working but the time index will often continue to run !!!!! Windows 10...
  7. all browsers hang when opening imbedded youtube vidieos

all browsers hang when opening imbedded youtube vidieos: I have had an issue with opening imbedded youtube videos from browsers I had the problem only just recently so I think it is from an update on windows I tried downloading chrome but the same thing happens. I have a laptop and it is fine no hanging at all? I have seen other...
  8. Laptop boot keeps hanging after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop boot keeps hanging after sleep: Hi everyone; The past few days (ever since I installed some latest update), my laptop has been hanging at the manufacturer splash screen. This happens whenever I wake it from sleep. I open the lid, the screen turns on, my bitlocker pin entry blue screen shows up, I plug it...
  9. https subdomains hang all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    https subdomains hang all browsers: If I try to access subdomains like apod.nasa.gov or ordbok.uib.no with the https:// prefix, all browsers on my Win 10 (1903) & 7 SE hang on my ASUS laptop or tower system with TLS security timeouts, but accessing the parent domains with https:// works fine. The router is a...
  10. All browsers hang after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers hang after Creators Update: Hi, My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when loading a webpage and says "Not Responding" quite often. While letting the browser in the "Not Responding" state, I opened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all browsers are blsck after sleep

2. all browsers are black after sleep