Windows 10: All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep

Discus and support All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After I Start Windows 10 or wake up from sleep, browsers(edge, internet explorer, Firefox) hang. When I open the browser and click on a link nothing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by helixal, Dec 22, 2016.

1. helixal Win User

All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep

After I Start Windows 10 or wake up from sleep, browsers(edge, internet explorer, Firefox) hang. When I open the browser and click on a link nothing happens. To close the browser I have to use alt F4 or task manager. While this is happening, "service host local service(no network)(5)" is the most active application with 17-24% CPU usage. After about 20 minutes, the problem clears and the browser functions and the service host goes to 0% usage.

Other apps which access the internet, such as outlook, quicken, malware bytes work, albeit more slowly. This behavior started in the last few weeks and before the latest win10 update.

Any ideas about what's happening or how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Al

:)

helixal, Dec 22, 2016

2. Very slow to boot up windows 10

Sounds very much like my problem. Win8.1 sleep was great but since 10 always crashes coming out of sleep.

My boot up is slightly different in that it boots fast enough but hangs when the second or third prog is started. After time out it all works just fine.

AviatorAB380, Dec 22, 2016
  3. System hangs - Task manager showing 100% disk usage

When I choose file upload button in any browser on my PC, The entire system hangs. After awhile the dialogue opens and after choosing the file system again hangs. Sometimes the browser closes un expectedly. In my Task manager it shows 100% disk usage. How
    can I solve this

Original subject: System hangs

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category, and subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

ABHIJITHV R, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Anak Win User

Hi helixal, welcome to 10F! *Smile

Your service host local service(no network) is an indication that something else is running and has priority over the service host, once the other services are set, service host can finish its startup to run dropping the CPU usage to 0%.

I would check your startup programs and disable any that aren't important. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html
    I would also double check other processes to see if you can tell if there are any other apps or programs that seem busy. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

• Is this an upgrade to win10?
    It would be very helpful if your system specs were filled-in, instead of "Who knows"; You can do that by following: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums
    Where it says "Ignore option 5 for ten forums" in the tip box, option 5 is an auto fill that doesn't work when filling in your specs for 10F, you have to copy/paste/type the information that the 7F tool provides.

5. helixal Win User
    Anak, Thanks for your response.

This does happen in safe mode. The CPU usage however is around 13% rather than 20%.

I closed about 2/3 of the startup programs and it still happens although the desktop appears sooner.

This is an upgrade from windows 7

I checked other processes in task manager and this is the only one that is using more than 1% of CPU

I filled in some more of system specs. I couldn't find details on the motherboard. I think it is a legacy board not UEFI.

Al

helixal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All browsers hang when I boot or un-sleep - Similar Threads - browsers hang boot

2. https subdomains hang all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    https subdomains hang all browsers: If I try to access subdomains like apod.nasa.gov or ordbok.uib.no with the https:// prefix, all browsers on my Win 10 (1903) & 7 SE hang on my ASUS laptop or tower system with TLS security timeouts, but accessing the parent domains with https:// works fine. The router is a...
  3. Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start it as it is booting into Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid shutdown causing my computer to hang when I start it as it is booting into Windows: I sent 3 different shutdown commands and 1 fails me which is needed for fast startup: Commands: shutdown.exe /t 0 /g shutdown.exe /t 0 /sg /f shutdown.exe /t 0 /s /hybrid What they do and did: Reboot and automatically login and lock (working as intended) Shutdown and...
  4. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All applications close when laptop goes to sleep: I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out? Thanks...
  5. Mounting all drives when booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mounting all drives when booting: Hi, my problem is, that Windows mounts every drive when booting and each drive is taking maybe 2 seconds and i have 4 hdds other than system drive and one blu-ray drive. Some of them are drives, that shouldn't be visible by windows 10. For example two are linux, one is win7....
  6. music try topay when i start browser and thru all the uptimer

in Windows 10 Support
    music try topay when i start browser and thru all the uptimer: short bars of music play when i first start windows and when i open browser and several times at random when windows is open, no virus/malware involved. last thing i was doing was installing and pairing headphones, i was not doing that them but when i turned computer of then...
  7. Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash: I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64....
  8. All browsers hang after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers hang after Creators Update: Hi, My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when loading a webpage and says "Not Responding" quite often. While letting the browser in the "Not Responding" state, I opened...
  9. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    All hidden files turned Un-hidden: Yesterday, I inserted a flash drive on my PC and it was loaded with trojans. I managed to clear them with Kaspersky but after that I noticed that all the hidden files in my C drive have turned Un-hidden. (Including desktop.ini's) 21385
  10. Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep: Hello everyone, Sometimes my computer does not wake up from sleep after I have the lid closed for a while. My screen turns on but my computer just shows the Lenovo logo and does nothing, see attached photo. 20170918_233913.jpg Normal startup goes to this screen and after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all browsers are blsck after sleep

2. all browsers are black after sleep