Windows 10: See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10

Discus and support See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10

How to: See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10

See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID.

Run as different user allows a user to run .bat, .cmd, .exe, .msc, and .msi files with different permissions than the user's current logon provides.

Run as different user will only affect the current instance of the running .bat, .cmd, .exe, .msc, or .msi file. You can open multiple instances of the file with each instance running as a different user.

This tutorial will show you how to see what user name a process is running as with that user's permissions in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Task Manager in more details view.

2. Do step 3 or step 4 below for how you would like to see what user a process is running as.

3. In the Processes tab, right click or press and hold on a process (ex: Notepad), click/tap on Go to details, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. In the Details tab, you will see the user (ex: Test) listed in the User name column for the process name (ex: notepad.exe). The process (ex: notepad.exe) is running using the permissions of this user (ex: Test).

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 6, 2016

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 26, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Task Manager not showing processes, running apps and users.

We would like to know more in regards with your concern, can you provide some details before this issue occurred?

• What is the exact build and version of your Windows operating system?
    • Is your computer up to date? If not, click here to check for latest updates.
    • Are you getting any error message?

For the time being, we suggest you follow the steps below on how to run SFC – System File Checker to help you scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type SFC/scannow then hit enter to execute the command.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

For us to isolate the issue, I would recommend you create a new local account, backup your files in the old account and then copy them over to the new account. Check if that works.

Your response to the resolution will be highly appreciated.

JericDale Ort, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. See What User a Process is Running As in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - User Process Running

2. What is Wininit.exe process and why is it running on my PC?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Wininit.exe process and why is it running on my PC?: [ATTACH]You may see a Wininit.exe process in your Task Manager. And since you are here, I am assuming that you have seen the .EXE file and want to know everything about it. So, in this article, we are going to see what the Wininit.exe process is and why it is running on your...
  3. What are the appmodel tasks for? First time I see these processes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are the appmodel tasks for? First time I see these processes.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/G-TN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzxat1/what_are_the_appmodel_tasks_for_first_time_i_see/
  4. What is IgfxEM.exe process in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    What is IgfxEM.exe process in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]A lot of things are fired up as soon as you power on your […] This article What is IgfxEM.exe process in Windows 10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. User OOBE Broker process running in background

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User OOBE Broker process running in background: Hey Folks, I hope this is in the correct location. For the past little while I have noticed that the User OOBE Broker process has been running in the background. My understanding is that OOBE is tied the blue box that asks you set up Windows and guide through...
  6. win 10's process Cbdhsvc_28 see??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win 10's process Cbdhsvc_28 see??: what is this win 10's process "Cbdhsvc_28"?is a virus? submitted by /u/Lolloneee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er1j9t/cbdhsvc_28_see/
  7. A way to see what windows is running each day

in Windows 10 Customization
    A way to see what windows is running each day: This is probably a dumb question and I don't really know the best way to phrase this. I have a brand new Dell XPS13 9380 which I only use to watch videos (since it crashes so regularly =.=). Sometimes every few hours the fan will suddenly rev up to max speed for around 30...
  8. what is running on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is running on windows 10: how can my puter go through 800 gb of data in 30 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-running-on-windows-10/8d648561-1eeb-44fb-8787-a9a5ea76a96c
  9. Processes running for each user.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processes running for each user.: Just about every process I have running is running for both the admin account and a standard user account, e.g.CCleaner64.exe user name Admin, CCleaner64.exe user name "my name" Does this mean I am doubling the amount of ram and CPU resources being used? Why are the Admin's...
  10. See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. Some...