Windows 10: Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access

Discus and support Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a list of 14 ".exe" files under the subject heading; there seems to be no way of deleting them or allowing them; the "+ Add an allowed app... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by D.Charner, Feb 25, 2020.

1. D.Charner Win User

Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access

I have a list of 14 ".exe" files under the subject heading; there seems to be no way of deleting them or allowing them; the "+ Add an allowed app button" just results in opening up what appear to be I have a list of 16 ".exe" files under Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access; there seems to be no way of allowing them; the "+ Add an allowed app button" just results in opening up a C drive location.

:)

D.Charner, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 25, 2020
  3. How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

I recently enabled controlled folder access in the Windows Security app. I was running an executable from a USB (assigned drive letter 'I:') that required access to one of my protected folders, so I allowed it via

Windows Security>Virus & threat protection>Manage ransomware protection>Allow an app through controlled folder access>Add an allowed app

After removing the USB drive the program I allowed is no longer in the list of allowed apps under "allow an app through controlled folder access". However, now "Drive (IAllowing Apps. through Controlled folder access :)" is listed as an allowed app.

It appears that I cannot remove the drive from the list of allowed apps. How can I remove it?

Christopher54, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Matt316 Win User

Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access - Similar Threads - Allowing Apps through

2. Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps: Hi, since the recent update to Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access is constantly blocking allowed software I need on pc. Mainly its Adobe Software particularly Illustrator and WD Acronis True Image. I need these for work and its getting frustrating and the software is slower...
  3. Writing powershell script to allow apps through Controlled Folder Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Writing powershell script to allow apps through Controlled Folder Access: Hi,I have been trying to write a script to allow programs such as Paint, Screen Snippet, etc. to save to protected folders. However, I found it strange that while %UserProfile%\Documents is protected by default %UserProfile%\Desktop is not. Does not user store many of his...
  4. Writing powershell script to allow apps through Controlled Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Writing powershell script to allow apps through Controlled Folder Access: Hi,I have been trying to write a script to allow programs such as Paint, Screen Snippet, etc. to save to protected folders. However, I found it strange that while %UserProfile%\Documents is protected by default %UserProfile%\Desktop is not. Does not user store many of his...
  5. How to allow xbox game bar through controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to allow xbox game bar through controlled folder access: When turning Controlled folder access on, Xbox game bar record is greyed out. When enable Xbox game bar to record in settings is automatically disable when exiting settings. Doesn't know where is the Xbox game bar program to add to allowed app. Someone knows the solution for...
  6. Is it possible to allow a file through Controlled Folder Access if it'll be in a different...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to allow a file through Controlled Folder Access if it'll be in a different...: Whenever a Dell update app runs on my laptop it runs an executable called "SSDUpdate.exe". I'd like to allow that file through Controlled Folder Access but each time it runs it's in a different folder in the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Is there a way to exclude the file by its...
  7. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...
  8. Allow an app through Controled folder access

Allow an app through Controled folder access: Hello I am not sure what this image attached to this question is asking I.e I have no idea what app is being referr[ATTACH]ed to! I am not even sure what the 'Control folder' refers to! I was going to look it up like usual before posting but I have many things open...
  9. Allow an app through Controlled folder access help please

Allow an app through Controlled folder access help please: Hello, Just deleted a couple of embroidery programs and yet they are showing up in controlled folder access, how to rid of these?...
  10. Add Allow App through Controlled Folder Access context menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Allow App through Controlled Folder Access context menu Windows 10: How to: Add Allow App through Controlled Folder Access context menu Windows 10 How to Add "Allow App through Controlled Folder Access" context menu in Windows 10 Starting with Controlled folder access is introduced in Windows Defender Antivirus. When Controlled...