Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It took 24 hours to show up this time. [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Feb 3, 2016.

1. JohnC Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

It took 24 hours to show up this time.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 [​IMG]

JohnC, Feb 4, 2016
  2. badrobot Win User

I was up for a clean install anyway so I grabbed Wzor's ESD. It wasn't showing up for me either. All good now.

badrobot, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Updated to 14257 on a 10 Pro X64 in a VM, took about 40 minutes start to finish. Clean and very nice.
    Same on my Toshiba Laptop running Win 10 Pro X64.
    Both done via Windows Update.

System Restore was also disabled for me but may have been from the previous upgrade, not sure.

Anyone tried regedit, see if it's fixed yet?

Ztruker, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

Installed Build 14257 over 14251. If anybody uses O&O Shutup here's a simple solution to enable getting the Preview Build. Assuming you have used O&O recommended setting you will not receive the update. All I needed to do was reset to "factory" settings and the upgrade appeared instantly.

The most disturbing thing was that the display resolution reverted to 1280x1024 when it was set to 1920x1600 before rebooting. Even after rebooting the video display was degraded. Reinstalling the lastest WHQL Radeon drivers for myu particular adapter (7770R) fixed vvideo problems. The patch for the WSclient.dll error message (schtasks /delete /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\WS\WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask” /F worked - it did not for Build 14521 (file not found was returned). It seems strange to me that only 6 builds were compiled in over a week but of course I don't know how the coding teams work. Hope the next build has substantive changes. I made an image of Build 14251 before installing 14257 so I didn't have to test the recovery method. I'd suggest that everybody do the same so you can run disk cleanupl after any upgrade.

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 | Windows Experience Blog

Tip How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10

Windows Update - Check for and Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

How to Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 install.esd File

[/QUOTE]

martyfelker, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Waiting for the VM to finally play catch on the second remote pc. With the Threshold 2 still on the host/boot drive and 10 Home activate on a VM on the second 7 Pro drive I found the 10 app was back on 7 yet the newer builds were not coming on the VM until just a matter of minutes ago while checking again! I keep the second mini tower going as a test build itself for remote and portable access while the main runs all the paid for softwares!

With the schedule here I haven't even had the check for updates since the end of December and got the load in just the other day for both 10 and 7 but still not any newer Insider build until now. Previously after seeing the Get started enabled it was only a quick wait in the next few hours to see a new build arrive when set to the Fast setting. I'll have to transfer the esd file over to the host OS however remotely in order to get the iso made up however. Then I can boot into the host drive for the upgrade there.

Now at 52% and climbing...

Night Hawk, Feb 4, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Smooth update, system restore disabled, enabled and created a new restore point successfully, no known issues so far *Smile

brummyfan, Feb 4, 2016
  7. The upgrade here was also just as smooth as it was when seeing the Threshold 2 upgrade over the 10586 Insider Preview build on the same Home edition VM. I expect the next few builds won't even be noticeable as their are being progressive with each new one.

The next to be seen too is the 10 Pro VM seen on both machines here following the host boot upgrade that is! *Biggrin I still grabbed a few screens for reference later with this one however.

Night Hawk, Feb 4, 2016
  8. tinmar49 Win User

Mine seems to be fine, I have got rid of Windows old and all the other unwanted junk, the ssd is 120gb and would be overflowing otherwise.

tinmar49, Feb 4, 2016
  9. No noted issues so far. Virtualbox works on this build so that's a positive.

cyberrufus, Feb 4, 2016
  10. WEKJR Win User
    Install complete in about 30 minutes. System Restore was not turned on after update. Completed ESD to ISO creation with no problems. Have not identified any new issues.

WEKJR, Feb 4, 2016
  11. badrobot Win User
    System Restore was enabled by default with my clean install.

badrobot, Feb 4, 2016
  12. Joanne Win User
    Yes, I have tried it, sorry it is not fixed. I have already reported it.

Joanne, Feb 4, 2016
  13. dencal Win User

I think it is done deliberately by M$ as it is a work in hand.

dencal, Feb 4, 2016
  14. Hmm, I'm still getting lock ups in GTA V occasionally. Think I may try a clean install.

blackroseMD1, Feb 4, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Still no issues so far.

Can't wait to see what's coming along.

BunnyJ, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...