Windows 10: Any way to review Notifications History?

Discus and support Any way to review Notifications History? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not for the first time in W10 I noticed a notification slide off the screen before I had a chance to read it.. I need to access those notifications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoxmisUK, Feb 5, 2016.

1. SoxmisUK Win User

Any way to review Notifications History?

Not for the first time in W10 I noticed a notification slide off the screen before I had a chance to read it..

I need to access those notifications, after all, I'm in charge of the West's nuclear arsenal and could have missed something damned important!

Anyone help here? How do I review old notifications that got away from me?

:)

SoxmisUK, Feb 5, 2016

2. Any way to stop showing notifications for: "this installation is forbidden by system policy"

1. It doesn't happen during a particular activity, my guess its that i get it when windows checks for updates.

2. Couldn't find any troubleshooting steps regarding a way to dissable notifications for a driver that is not allowed to be installed by microsoft update.

Strike105X, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Any way to stop showing notifications for: "this installation is forbidden by system policy"

I keep getting this notification: "this installation is forbidden by system policy contact the administrator", the thing is that i dissabled the device installation because the monitor driver that microsoft's update keeps trying to push down my throat
    is faulty, and messes up my secondary display, while the generic one works perfectly. So the only thing i need is a way to not show that notification anymore because i keep getting it to often.

Strike105X, Feb 5, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

You certainly missed the notification to change your pin *Wink Launch code for US nukes was 00000000 for 20 years

Can't help with the question though, I've wondered also.

lx07, Feb 5, 2016
  5. SoxmisUK Win User
    Very scary stuff! *Smile On the subject of W10 Notifications though, it seems weird that you get a notification for a few seconds, but then said notifications is whisked away into the ether with no method of review.. Annoying and not really functional imho.. Thanks for the reply..

SoxmisUK, Feb 5, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    The only thing I've noticed is, action notifications are gathered up in the Action Pane, until you Clear them, event notifications may be keep in Cortana's Notebook.
    Anything else is just Tips, IMO.

Edwin, Feb 5, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 5, 2016
  8. SoxmisUK Win User

Hi Guys thanks for the suggestions..

Unfortunately, my notifications don't seem to be held in the action centre and opening it finds no notifications awaiting review. My whole question (Which I should have explained more thoroughly..) is where are they going if not into the action centre..

I was thinking of switching all notifications OFF then ON again to see if something became inactive somewhere..

The tip about extending the length of time a notification stays up is really handy Brink.. Especially as I'm in and out of my room a lot and often miss those notifications.

(Edit) I should add that all my apps enabled to show notifications for updates, errors etc. and most of them are switched ON in settings.

SoxmisUK, Feb 5, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid that if they notifications aren't listed in action center, they have been cleared. *Sad

Brink, Feb 5, 2016
  10. SoxmisUK Win User
    That's a shame, especially as they were not cleared by the user (Me..) ah well at least I have your extended view time of them and that helps..

Cheers all..!

SoxmisUK, Feb 7, 2016
  11. Meppy Win User
    I know this is an old thread but I thought I would update it as it might help people who find it via a Google search...

Often you can find the notifications in the Event Viewer. We are all used to looking in the Applications and System logs, but almost all apps and services also have their own log area in Event Viewer. For example I wanted to look at past Windows Defender notifications, mostly because they get truncated in the notification center and that makes it really useless for figuring out what triggered the notification if the path is long, etc.

• Open Event Viewer
    • Expand Applications and Services Logs
    • Drill down to the app or service you are interested in, e.g. for Windows Defender you might go to: Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender -> Operational log.
    • Review the log and look for the notification you were interested in.

Of course this is of no use if you cannot remember the app that triggered the notification, but it might help some people out.. certainly helped me track down the new Controlled Folder Access notifications (1123).

Meppy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to review Notifications History? - Similar Threads - review Notifications History

2. Is there any way to recover an undo history in Microsoft Paint?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to recover an undo history in Microsoft Paint?: Hello, I am using MS Paint not Paint3D on Windows 10 and as I was done drawing an image I mindlessly cropped one third of the art and edited it, and accidentally went overboard in the details and went over the undo limit. I have not saved the image yet, nor have I closed the...
  3. Is there any way to recover an undo history in Microsoft Paint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to recover an undo history in Microsoft Paint?: Hello, I am using MS Paint not Paint3D on Windows 10 and as I was done drawing an image I mindlessly cropped one third of the art and edited it, and accidentally went overboard in the details and went over the undo limit. I have not saved the image yet, nor have I closed the...
  4. Is there any way to recover an undo history in Microsoft Paint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.

in Cortana
    Search History in folders is no longer deletable in any way.: I have had an update like 4~5 days ago and ever since the search in folders has the search history permanently there. I am not talking about internet browsers, I am talking about a search in the folder i.e. to find a specific song in the folder with songs. ->> Previously...
  6. Any way to turn this notification thingy off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to turn this notification thingy off?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/reapher666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwg4mu/any_way_to_turn_this_notification_thingy_off/
  7. Best Car history checker [Review]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Car history checker [Review]: there are lot car history checker tools in the market but all of those are costly and not much efficient, let me tell you the best car history checker tool , thats: REVs check. this tool and cheap and quality one....
  8. Any way to tell if File History backup is working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any way to tell if File History backup is working?: I am trying to keep my files backed up regularly (weekly). First, I cannot set an automatic weekly backup. Secondly, when I set the backup to run I can't tell if it's working (so a few times I've cancelled and started again, probably needlessly. Thirdly, can I sign out of...
  9. any way to add custom notifications to the notification action center

in Windows 10 Customization
    any way to add custom notifications to the notification action center: Is there any way to add custom notifications to the notification action center? i'd like to have mIRC notifications there, and i'd like to have the weather sitting there. It looks so empty not having anything there. This looks so good why is this not implanted :/? [img]...
  10. Edge, Is There Any Way To Import My Firefox History

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Is There Any Way To Import My Firefox History: Hello All, I guess that the title says it all. I want to try Edge but I have all of my settings and history stored in Firefox. Some sites that I visit regularly I don't even know my password anymore. I would to just like to migrate everything over to Edge if it is...