Windows 10: Open Action Center in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Action Center in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Action Center in Windows 10 How to Open and Use Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, action center is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by pjd, Apr 14, 2016.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

Open Action Center in Windows 10

How to: Open Action Center in Windows 10

How to Open and Use Action Center in Windows 10

Open Action Center in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, action center is where to find your quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps.

The action center will show you all of your past notifications until you clear them. This can be useful if you had a notification pop-up, and you missed what it said.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, the Action Center icon has moved to the far corner of the taskbar so it is more distinct from other icons – making it easier to interact with it. There is a badge that now displays the number of notifications you have missed, and we are making it easier for you to know what app your notifications are from by adding a subtle animation to the icon (showing the sender app’s logo) whenever you receive notifications that do not show a toast. Individual app notifications in Action Center no longer show the app icon repeated for each notification and will only be seen in the header that groups together all the notifications specific for that app. This change allows for more space in Action Center to show more content.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, newly downloaded apps and games from the Store will now show download progress inside of the Action Center.

Starting with Windows 10 build 16215, the Action Center has been redesigned to provide much clearer information separation and hierarchy. And the new design for Action Center also includes elements of the Fluent Design System such as acrylic.

This tutorial will show you how to open and use Action Center for notifications and quick actions in Windows 10.

Note Action Center Icon Descriptions:

= No new notifications in action center.

= New notifications available in action center.

= Quiet hours is turned on.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] How to Open Action Center in Windows 10
    1. Do step 2, 3, 4, or 5 below for what you would like to do.

2. Press the Windows + A keys.

3. On a touchscreen, swipe inwards from the right screen border.
    4. Click/tap on the Action Center Attachment 39209 system icon on the taskbar.

5. Right click or press and hold on the Action Center system icon on the taskbar, and click/tap on Open Action Center.

Note Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the Action Center icon has moved to the far corner of the taskbar so it is more distinct from other icons – making it easier to interact with it.

OPTION TWO [/i] How to Clear Notifications in Action Center
    1. Do step 2, 3, or 4 below for what you would like to do.

2. To clear all notifications at once, click/tap on Clear All at the top right corner of the Action Center.

3. To clear all notifications from a specific app, select an app title (ex: Mail), and either...
    • Click/tap on the X to the right.
    • Press the Delete key.
    • Drag the app tile to the right with mouse or touchpad.
    • On a touchscreen swipe the app tile to the right.
    • Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342, select an app's name and click the middle button scroll wheel on your mouse.

4. To clear a single notification, select a notification, and either...
    • Click/tap on the X to the right.
    • Press the Delete key.
    • Click/tap on a notification from an app to open it and clear it.
    • Drag the notification to the right with mouse or touchpad.
    • On a touchscreen, swipe the notification to the right.
    • Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342, select a notification and click the middle button scroll wheel on your mouse.

OPTION THREE [/i] How to View Notification in Action Center
    1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. Click/tap on a notification from an app (ex: Mail) to open the app.

3. Click/tap on the arrow to the right of a notification to expand and view all of the notification.

OPTION FOUR [/i] How to Use Quick Actions in Action Center
    1. At the bottom of the Action Center, click/tap on Expand or Collapse, and click/tap on the button of the quick action you want to open. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 14, 2016
  3. rock993 Win User
    action center

When I click on the action center button on the toolbar in Windows 10, the action center slides open and immediately closes. What's up with that?

rock993, Apr 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 14, 2016
  5. PJD
    pjd Win User
    Yeah I done that - but then how to see the messages I missed - wonder why they made it so it can't be put in the tray - and what was wrong with the flag? And there's no history.

Never mind

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 14, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342, Action Center now supports the popular dismiss model of middle-clicking on a notification via the middle button scroll wheel on your mouse to a single notification. Middle-clicking on an app’s name will dismiss all the notifications listed for that app.

Brink, May 10, 2016
  8. smitty Win User

"The Action Center will show you all of your past notifications until you clear them. This can be useful if you had a notification pop-up, and you missed what it said."

i agree that in w10 1511 it worked like that and it was usefull to me, but now on win10 1607 once i click the A.C icon to see the notifications and when i close the center and reopen it i don't see my past notifications anymore and i miss that feature from 1511.

i didn't dismiss them or clear the list, i just click the A.C icon to close.

is there a way for the 1607 A.C. to work like it did before and keep my past notifs until i actually clear them manually ?

smitty, Sep 29, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 29, 2016
  10. smitty Win User
    hello Brink, actually it was the setting to display the app's notifications in the action center, the "show in action center" was deactivated for some apps. they showed up but didn't stay long.

now if only i could add programs that don't have installers to the list of apps in notifications.

smitty, Sep 29, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got that part sorted. *Smile

I find that apps don't get added to the list in notifications until after they send a notification. You might also check the settings in the app itself to see if there may be a setting to turn on/off notifications there as well.

Brink, Sep 29, 2016
  12. smitty Win User
    i will check that, thank you

smitty, Sep 29, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Open Action Center in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Action Center

2. Action Center not opening - WIndows 10 - 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center not opening - WIndows 10 - 2023: Please help for the love of God and Bill Gates, I have gone through so many apparent solutions from the first two pages of google, youtube, reddit, and even so many of these hallowed pages. But all forums on such questions are closed with no working solution, so I must open a...
  3. Windows 10 Action Center no longer opens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Action Center no longer opens.: Like the subject says, when I click on the action center icon on the bottom right of the screen nothing happens. Right clicking brings up a menu, but when I choose "Open action center" still, nothing happens. When I choose the snipping tool by pressing win+shift+s and make a...
  4. Action Center not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center not opening in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 V20H2. I can't open Action center when I click on it but I do still receive notifications and Number of notifications unseen. I tried almost every solution from the web. Action center opens in a new user Account but not in my current Account. As a...
  5. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  6. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  7. Action center is not opening.

Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  8. Windows 10 action center won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 action center won't open: Action center won’t open after update kb4497935 hello guys i face this problem after mini update in w 10 after restart my action center wont open , i tired many solution like usrclass rename and restart explorer and power-shell disable development mode and i also force...
  9. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open the full action center windows phone