Windows 10: Apps keep opening store

Discus and support Apps keep opening store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of my system apps will only open the store instead of the app. Windows update - store opens Power options - store opens All settings - store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CrankyDragon, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Apps keep opening store

All of my system apps will only open the store instead of the app.
    Windows update - store opens
    Power options - store opens
    All settings - store opens

Regular apps (weather, news, etc) open just fine.
    Anyone else encounter this?

:)

CrankyDragon, Jul 23, 2015

2. Unable to open App Store

I have just down loaded Windows 10, I cant seem to open the app store. I keep getting this message, Need a new app to open MS Windows app store. How can I fix this.

Original Title: App Store

SudhirendraKumar, Jul 23, 2015
  3. apps keep on closing and widgets keep opening sometimes

My Windows 10 PC apps keep on getting closed. For example, Google chrome keeps closing and other apps while they are being used by me. Also, notifications and the menu open when the apps are been closed by it self, sometimes when they are not closed while
    I am using the PC.

-Iverson Rodriguez

IVERSONRODRIGUEZ, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Apps keep opening store

Welcome to Ten Forums, Cranky Dragon. I think I'd be cranky too. *Smile

There's something wrong with your installation, which, of course, you already know. There's no ISO available for Build 10240 that I know of or I'd tell you to do a clean install.

If you have an ISO of a previous build (not 10166!), a clean install of that and then let it update might work.

Wynona, Jul 23, 2015
  5. Tony K Win User
    Welcome to Windows Ten Forums, CrankyDragon.

Sorry, Wyn, but by no means reinstall at this point, for it will not activate. They have blocked all that temporarily.

Try these:

Apps - Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Store - Re-register in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Tony K, Jul 23, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Wynona, Jul 23, 2015
  7. You know what, after realizing how close it is to official launch I'm not even going to worry about it.
    I'll be doing a clean install of the final version anyways so I'll just wait.

CrankyDragon, Jul 23, 2015
  8. Tony K Win User

Apps keep opening store

Lol, fire! That's ok. Looks like it turned out for the better. Yeah, found out the hard way. I advise by doing things the wrong way. *Biggrin

Ok. Did you try Brink's tutorials?

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Apps keep opening store

1. Apps keep opening store - Similar Threads - Apps keep opening

2. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  3. Microsoft store keeps opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store keeps opening: Every time I open something like windows or Minecraft or cortana it opens Microsoft store which repeatedly opens it looks like it's blinking I have no idea what it is i have looked for answers and I have done wsreset and repaired it reseted it I did it all yet nothing is...
  4. Microsoft store keeps opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store keeps opening: Every time I open something like windows or Minecraft or cortana it opens Microsoft store which repeatedly opens it looks like it's blinking I have no idea what it is i have looked for answers and I have done wsreset and repaired it reseted it I did it all yet nothing is...
  5. App store not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App store not opening: after clicking the icon of app store the app opens and just after a moment it closes without showing any error dialog. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-not-opening/13a6fe6c-1e1a-4afb-8d37-9327671175bf"
  6. Opening App Only Opens App Store Page

Opening App Only Opens App Store Page: I tried to download a game from the app store after buying the game pass, but the game paused downloading right as it was about to finish. I left it alone for about ten minutes and nothing happened, so I hit the button to pause and resume the download, at which point it told...
  7. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  8. Store apps keep reinstalling

Store apps keep reinstalling: I am pretty sure I uninstalled most of the store apps after installation some months ago, and have gotten a notification about some nonsense album being created for me few minutes ago. Upon some inspection I realized most if not all of that garbage somehow got reinstalled,...
  9. Store apps keep reinstalling

in Windows 10 Support
    Store apps keep reinstalling: I am pretty sure I uninstalled most of the store apps after installation some months ago, and have gotten a notification about some nonsense album being created for me few minutes ago. Upon some inspection I realized most if not all of that garbage somehow got reinstalled,...
  10. app store not opening

app store not opening: I have recently installed and have two profiles on laptop. One for my daughter and one for me, both login using Microsoft account. My daughter can open app store, but when I switch to my profile it wont open at all. Any ideas? 20638