Windows 10: Arrange the pinned Folders

Discus and support Arrange the pinned Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,This is a quick question here (thanks). I just wanna ask how can I arrange my selected folders when I right-click the "File Explorer" in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by damien76, Sep 6, 2017.

1. damien76 Win User

Arrange the pinned Folders

Hello,This is a quick question here (thanks). I just wanna ask how can I arrange my selected folders when I right-click the "File Explorer" in the taskar of Win 10 Pro?

I usually can arrange them in Win 8.1 Pro but in Win 10 I can't move them.

Can they be moved like in Win8.1 Pro..?Any ideas? Thanks *Smile

:)

damien76, Sep 6, 2017
  2. Elmer San Win User

Problem of Windows 10 Creator Update

Hi,

By default on Windows 10, the View in the drive’s location/folder is 3 folders in a row. For your issue with the Apps pinned to Start, you may try opening the application listed (not pinned) on the Start menu list (alphabetically arranged). If the application
    on the Start Menu list opened, then you may unpin the one existing then pin it once more to Start.

We are waiting for your feedback.

Elmer San, Sep 6, 2017
  3. Rearranging picture order in Windows 7 and Windows 10

The developers removed the Auto-Arrange option in Windows 7. Either of these third party fixes will add it back so you can disable it.

How to Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 7? - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-auto-arrange-folders-windows-7/

Windows 7 - Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable

Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

For Win10:

Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

Or:

How to Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange in Windows 10?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-full-row-select-auto-arrange-folders-windows-10/

Bruce Hagen, Sep 6, 2017
  4. caperjack Win User

hello, not 100% sure but i think this site might help .
    Windows 10 Tip: Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer

caperjack, Sep 7, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Are you talking about rearranging the pinned items in the jump list that you get by a right-click? If so, as far as I know it's never been possible in Windows 10. Apparently the only workaround is to unpin them, then pin them back in the order you want, as discussed here on SuperUser.
    https://superuser.com/questions/9475...-taskbar-items

Bree, Sep 7, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Drag and drop them within Quick Access/Navigation Pane and they will re-arrange themselves in the Taskbar jump list...

Arrange the pinned Folders [​IMG]

Arrange the pinned Folders [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 7, 2017
  7. damien76 Win User
    Hello guys,

Thanks for the tips I will check them out. Cheers!

*Smile

damien76, Sep 10, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member
  9. damien76 Win User
    @Brink,

THANKS A LOT THERE!

damien76, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Arrange the pinned Folders - Similar Threads - Arrange pinned Folders

2. Arranging files in order in a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arranging files in order in a Folder: Hello, On WIndows 10 I am trying to send a manuscript to a publisher. I have a folder already on the desktop and my word documents 30 of them that must be shown in the correct order that I have copied them into the Folder. I tried this yesterday but on the 4th attempt of...
  3. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...
  4. Desable auto arrange inside folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desable auto arrange inside folders: I just moved back to windows after 16 years of mac. Very happy until finding that, apparently, windows in the 21st century doesn't allow users to manually sort their files the way they see fit (inside folders)... imposing on you whichever ways they think are best. This would...
  5. Disable Auto arrange inside a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Auto arrange inside a folder: I have a folder named SHORTS on my Desktop, inside are shortcut icons for many programs i use often. I still have not been able to find a way to arrange in the order i want. If i move anything they just revert back to previous order. Also if i have another folder in the...
  6. Help with arranging documents in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with arranging documents in a folder: Hello, I have a few folders on my computer that I want to custom sort the word documents in them. I noticed there is a long list of different ways to sort documents in a folder, but I am not sure what most of them mean, or how to edit that option so they list the way I...
  7. Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabetically arrange folder thumbnails?: Anyone know of a setting/hack/freeware that will alphabetically arrange the folder thumbnails displayed on clickiing the FE icon? [img] I think they are currently arranged by order of opening. Sometimes I have 15-20 open and quickly locating the one I need can be...
  8. Can't arrange folders by date

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't arrange folders by date: This seems like an easy one at first but not for me. I get play memories to download my photo's from my camera to the computer and it stores them all in a folder called camera photos. When looking at the sperate folders arranged by the date they are all out of order. I have...
  9. Windows Explorer folder arrangement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder arrangement: Hi- I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I am viewing my photo library in Windows Explorer, I can no longer get the photos grouped by month. The "sort by" and "group by" menus are identical (name, date, type, size, ascending, descending, more) as opposed to how it was...
  10. Music folder 'arrange by' function

in Windows 10 Support
    Music folder 'arrange by' function: Hello, There is a great feature in win7 explorer that you can arrange your music in the music folder by a few options such as albums, genre and artist. There is a way to get it again in win10 explorer? Example: [img] 16322

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Taskbar On Windows 10 arrange pinned icons in a grid