Windows 10: Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10 The Groove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10

How to: Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10

How to Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10

The Groove Music app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10.

You can listen to your favorite music in Groove on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. Create a playlist with music you've purchased or uploaded to OneDrive or pick your background music on Xbox One.

See also: Groove Music and Spotify: FAQ | Microsoft Support

If you use the Groove Music app, you can manually backup your settings to manually restore as needed to any account on any Windows 10 PC.

This tutorial will show you how to manually backup and restore your settings for the Groove Music app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Groove Music app settings

Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Backup Settings from Groove Music app
    1. If the Groove Music app is currently open, close it.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter.
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    3. Copy the Settings folder to your desktop. (see screenshot below)

4. Move the Settings folder on your desktop to where want to keep it saved at as your backup. It is safe to rename this folder to anything you like if wanted.

5. You can now close File Explorer if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore Settings to Groove Music app

*Warning Restoring a backup of your settings in the Groove Music app will replace your current settings.
    1. If the Groove Music app is currently open, close it.

2. Open File Explorer (Win+E), copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (current account)
    *Arrow %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings

3. In a separate File Explorer window, open the backed up Settings folder from Option One, select the contents in this folder, right click or press and hold on the selected items, and click/tap on Copy. (see screenshot below)

4. Paste the selected files from the backup in step 3 into the Settings folder from step 2.

5. When prompted, click/tap on Replace the files in the destination. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close the File Explorer windows if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 24, 2017

2. Duplicates in Groove Music

Hi Geet,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I would also suggest you to turn off and on the media info of Groove music and check. here is the steps:

• Open Groove Music.
    • Click on Gear icon (settings) present on the left side of the app.
    • Turn Off the media info and then turn it on.
    Let us know the updated status and we'll be happy to help you further.

Navneet Anand, Oct 27, 2019
  3. No Gapless Playback in Groove Music

Hi Christopher Meraz-Mata,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

• Which version of the Music app are you using on the PC?
    Follow these steps to know the app version:

Open the Groove music app, click on the ‘Settings or Gear’ icon located at the left corner and on the right side click on ‘About’ to know the version of the app.

If you are facing issues with the Groove Music, suggest you to refer to the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3078110/troubleshoot-groove-player-in-windows-10

Note: You can reset Internet Explorer settings to what they were when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This is useful for troubleshooting problems that may be caused by settings that were changed after installation. Be aware that this
    process isn't reversible, and all previous Internet Explorer settings are lost after reset.

Note Deleting and re-creating the libraries does not affect the data in the libraries.

Further, I would like to let you know that Microsoft continues to take suggestions for features to add to Groove Music in future updates. A convenient way to let Microsoft know what you want to see is via the built-in

Feedback app in Windows 10
    . It lets users to submit any new suggestions and upvote ideas created by other people who thinks this should be implemented.

Awaiting your reply the result of the steps performed so that if need be then we can help you further.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10

Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 27, 2019
  5. GROOVE MUSIC IS NO LONGER WORKING/SYNCING/UPDATING FIX THIS MS

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove and re-add the Music folder from Groove app. follow the steps below:

• Open Groove App.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Under Music on this PC, click on Choose where we look for Music.
    • Click on the X mark next to the folder location listed, to delete the location from Groove App.
    • Once done try to re-add the folder by clicking on Add a Folder.
    • Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Insider Preview App Update - Groove Music 10.16092.1025

Source: Feedback Hub

Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10

1. Backup and Restore Groove Music app Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Groove

2. Windows installing groove music instead of groove music

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installing groove music instead of groove music: recently i formatted both my hard drive and ssd because of messed up permissions when i recover windows from my saved products key, only the groove music with blue background and white logo is seen on my pc instead of the black orange groove music we have, or the new media...
  3. The Groove Music app is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Groove Music app is not opening: hey Microsoft I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2 I'm facing a problem that says that when I try to open Groove Music app it can't open even I try to update but when I try to update apps the ms store comes with a error that says something unexpected happens I tried...
  4. Groove Music App - Playlists

in Cortana
    Groove Music App - Playlists: I have the Groove Music App and I was just wondering how you actually put the songs into the playlist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-playlists/783b64f8-d9ed-4f22-9864-1bb42166b2af
  5. Uninstall Groove Music app

Uninstall Groove Music app: how do i remove it forever? ***Original title: i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-groove-music-app/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  6. Problem with Groove Music App

Problem with Groove Music App: Hello, I have where when I launch Groove Music App its showing up for a few seconds then close by itself. So I tried Reinstall it but the problem still same. What have I tried : 1. Uninstall from Setting > apps > groove music > advanced Options > uninstall then I reinstall...
  7. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  8. groove music app not working

groove music app not working: I just can't add music folders into groove music app. in my windows 10 laptop. I have tried resetting the app. But it does not work[ATTACH]. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-app-not-working/0389a418-43b1-4f9a-bd37-32ebb6917926
  9. GROOVE MUSIC EQUALISER SETTINGS?

GROOVE MUSIC EQUALISER SETTINGS?: Can someone suggest the best equaliser settings in groove music that comes with the dell laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-equaliser-settings/a84e3a2a-bb7d-4d86-a47b-5f2d7b9c4f78
  10. Groove music app ?

Groove music app ?: Why does this feel so half done. I used to love the Zune software. It practically was my home page back in the day. Why is this so feature less? I hope they are going to add more features to this software. The one feature i was looking to use was the create radio stations but...