Windows 10: Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage

Discus and support Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage How to Create and Manage Backups for Windows 10 Mobile Phones When you sign in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage

How to: Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage

How to Create and Manage Backups for Windows 10 Mobile Phones

When you sign in with your Microsoft account on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, you can turn on a service that lets you automatically save your app data, Start layout, passwords, favorites, and other system settings to OneDrive so you'll have a backup if something happens to your phone.

Your phone will need a Wi-Fi connection to create a backup.

Starting with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14385, Microsoft has changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup your Start screen layout wont restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesnt overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.

Starting with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14946, Microsoft has changed the frequency of scheduled backups for Mobile to once a week. Initiating a backup manually by clicking the Back up now button remains unchanged and works as expected. You can do this via Settings > Update & security > Backup and clicking the More options link at the bottom. As always, its good to do a backup of your device before updating to a new build.

This tutorial will show you how to change backup settings, create backups, and delete backups for your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Items on Phone to Include in OneDrive Backup
    • Option Two: To Create a Backup of Phone to OneDrive
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Automatic Daily Backups of Phone
    • Option Four: To Delete Backups of Phone on OneDrive

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Items on Phone to Include in OneDrive Backup
    1. Open Settings, and tap on Update & security. (see screenshot below)

Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage [​IMG]

2. Tap on Backup. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on or off Backup my app data to OneDrive and Back up my Start layout, passwords, favorites, and other system settings to OneDrive for what you want included in backups.

4. When finished, you can return to Start if you like. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Create a Backup of Phone to OneDrive

3. Tap on the Change OneDrive backup settings link. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on Back up now. (see screenshot below)

5. The backup of the items turned on from Option One for you phone will now be saved to OneDrive. (see screenshots below)

*note Sometimes it may take a short moment before the backup starts.

6. When finished, you can return to Start if you like. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Automatic Daily Backups of Phone

3. Tap on the Change OneDrive backup settings link. (see screenshot below)

4. Turn on or off Take a fresh backup every day for what you want. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can return to Start if you like. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Delete Backups of Phone on OneDrive
    1. Do step 2 (on PC) or step 3 (on phone) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Delete OneDrive Backups of Phone Online from PC
    A) Go to your OneDrive Backed up device settings online, and sign in with your Microsoft account.

B) Go to step 4 below.

3. To Delete OneDrive Backups of Phone Online from Phone
    A) Open Settings, and tap on Update & security. (see screenshot below)

B) Tap on Backup. (see screenshot below)

C) Tap on the Change OneDrive backup settings link. (see screenshot below)

D) Tap on the Manage my OneDrive backups online link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on the Delete button for your phone (ex: Nokia (S-Lumia 1520)). (see screenshot below)

5. Tap on Delete to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 12, 2016

2. Wireless and wired dock

There could be an issue with the phone software that needs to be reset using the
    recovery tool.

Please create a backup before resetting the phone software as the phone memory will be wiped out. For creating a backup, click
    Back up your stuff.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Lumia 540, Build 10.0.14393, can't connect via cellular data but not Wi-Fi

This could be a phone software issue. Since the issue remains unresolved after performing the hard reset and updating the phone software, we suggest that you back up the phone and reset the phone software using the
    recovery tool.

Please create a backup before resetting the phone software as the phone memory will be wiped out. For creating a backup, click
    Back up your stuff.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage

1. Backup Windows 10 Mobile Phones - Create and Manage - Similar Threads - Backup Mobile Phones

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Create backup (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create backup (Windows 10)?: For some time now, my PC (Windows10) has had enormous problems with booting and loading various programs. It can take 2 hours or more until Windows starts. So I made some virus scans and checked my hard disk (western digital) (HDD) with different tools. With all tools either...
  4. create automatic backup in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    create automatic backup in windows 10: How can create automatic backup in windows 10 for my external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-automatic-backup-in-windows-10/3ce556df-f2c3-4618-82dd-2479bfd68c45
  5. create backup windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    create backup windows 10: hi Is it enough to make image from windows location (c: ) Or is necessary to make image from 100 mb windows hidden drive in addition? i want to create an image from my laptop to recover windows when it's corrupt. Thank you 29672
  6. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  7. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  8. Create Windows Backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Windows Backup in Windows 10: How to: Create Windows Backup in Windows 10 How to Create a Windows Backup in Windows 10 [img] Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature (aka: Windows Backup) was originally included in Windows 7. It was deprecated in Windows 8 and removed in in Windows...
  9. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  10. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked...