Windows 10: BIOS fast boot mistake

Discus and support BIOS fast boot mistake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just wanted to install Kalilinux in my windows(dual boot).So I was watching a tutorial,then i went to BIOS then just enabled fastboot*cry,(because i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sasidev, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Sasidev Win User

BIOS fast boot mistake

I just wanted to install Kalilinux in my windows(dual boot).So I was watching a tutorial,then i went to BIOS then just enabled fastboot*cry,(because i just thought that would speed up the pc*Tongue),But now i am unable to enter into BIOS to install linux.I dont want to remove the CMOS battery(I am not a hardware pro*Sad*Sad),I wanted to see if there is any other fix.*sarc

NOTE:
    Don't post any tutorial how to reset CMOS.*Mad

:)

Sasidev, Jul 17, 2016
  2. DEERROBOT Win User

Cannot reset PC (FIXED)

There is no fast boot/ fast startup in my bios

DEERROBOT, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Slow boot

with fast boot on a shut down is 14 seconds after bios beep to desktop

with fast boot off a shut down is 50 seconds after bios beep to desktop

a basic restart is 50 seconds from bios beep to desktop

so the problem pops back up with fast boot off.

here is the onedrive link to the files you requested.

slow boot

BradDausman, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

BIOS fast boot mistake

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Sasidev Win User
    Sasidev, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What is the brand and model number of your motherboard, or PC (if OEM)?

Brink, Jul 18, 2016
  7. Are you saying that you cannot enter BIOS at all, or
    you cannot enter BIOS to install Linux?

If you cannot enter BIOS, then your only choice is to reset CMOS

• Shut down your machine

• Disconnect the AC jack & remove the battery

• Press and hold the Power button for two full minutes to drain the charge

• Insert the battery and connect the AC jack

• Start your machine

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

BIOS fast boot mistake

1. BIOS fast boot mistake - Similar Threads - BIOS fast boot

2. CAN'T BOOT INTO BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN'T BOOT INTO BIOS: Hi. I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 to my Acer Aspire A515-52, running Windows 10, but I cannot Boot into the Bios, I tried repeatelly pressing the F2, F12 and even the delete Keys and nothing. Please help...
  3. Booting into BIOS remotely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting into BIOS remotely: Hi there, First time here and not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, but I was wondering if there is a way to boot into the BIOS of a machine that is in a remote office. Here is the situation. I work IT for an engineering company and am tasked with finding a way...
  4. fast boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fast boot: hi I am unable to fast boot my system. I have win 10, 8 gb graphic, ssid still it takes 5 min to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-boot/fe58e21a-8d67-4f71-a956-c56d37860ac2
  5. Can't Boot into BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot into BIOS: I've tried every suggestion I've found on the internet, but no luck... Windows 10 lastest update. MSI Gaming Pro Carbon board with Ryzen 7 1700, using Ryzen power plan. When I first built this board I turned off the annoying MSI BIOS splash screen on startup, and now I guess...
  6. BIOS Boot order

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS Boot order: No way, in the BIOS, to change Boot prioriy. I cannot use a CD to boot from in an emergency. How can this be done? Gigabyte laptop, Windows 10, 64. I cannot disable secure boot, the option will not highlite. 47197
  7. hibernation and fast boot setup

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation and fast boot setup: I'm set up with high performance under power plan and my hibernation isn't working right. I set it up for 2 mins and it went into hibernate, after then hitting a key on the keyboard it started back up in post and shut down completely? Is this supposed to bring you...
  8. BIOS Boot order

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Boot order: I could not find an option under Boot Options, in the BIOS, of my P57W computer to boot off an optical or thumb drive. How the hell am I to boot off these devices when I cannot see them in the BIOS? Gigabyte documentation, or the lack thereof, SUCKS big time. I finally...
  9. Boot not that fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot not that fast: Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference. First thing is that Hibernation...
  10. No bios screen at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No bios screen at boot: After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis complete system image tib from a few days previous to the Clipmate change. However...I can not get passed the blinking cursor...