Windows 10: BIOS fast boot mistake

Discus and support BIOS fast boot mistake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just wanted to install Kalilinux in my windows(dual boot).So I was watching a tutorial,then i went to BIOS then just enabled fastboot*cry,(because i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sasidev, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Sasidev Win User

BIOS fast boot mistake

I just wanted to install Kalilinux in my windows(dual boot).So I was watching a tutorial,then i went to BIOS then just enabled fastboot*cry,(because i just thought that would speed up the pc*Tongue),But now i am unable to enter into BIOS to install linux.I dont want to remove the CMOS battery(I am not a hardware pro*Sad*Sad),I wanted to see if there is any other fix.*sarc

NOTE:
    Don't post any tutorial how to reset CMOS.*Mad

:)

Sasidev, Jul 17, 2016
  2. DEERROBOT Win User

Cannot reset PC (FIXED)

There is no fast boot/ fast startup in my bios

DEERROBOT, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Slow boot

with fast boot on a shut down is 14 seconds after bios beep to desktop

with fast boot off a shut down is 50 seconds after bios beep to desktop

a basic restart is 50 seconds from bios beep to desktop

so the problem pops back up with fast boot off.

here is the onedrive link to the files you requested.

slow boot

BradDausman, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

BIOS fast boot mistake

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Sasidev Win User
    Sasidev, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What is the brand and model number of your motherboard, or PC (if OEM)?

Brink, Jul 18, 2016
  7. Are you saying that you cannot enter BIOS at all, or
    you cannot enter BIOS to install Linux?

If you cannot enter BIOS, then your only choice is to reset CMOS

• Shut down your machine

• Disconnect the AC jack & remove the battery

• Press and hold the Power button for two full minutes to drain the charge

• Insert the battery and connect the AC jack

• Start your machine

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

BIOS fast boot mistake

1. BIOS fast boot mistake - Similar Threads - BIOS fast boot

2. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  3. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bio Boot: Good dayI have a Acer Aspire and have been struggling with my Bio boot. When I get to the boot me Option.Secure boot : EnabledShould it be enabled because I can select anything here.And one final question, does my laptop need to be connected to the internet via lan cable?...
  4. Bio Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fast boot option

Fast boot option: How do I turn on quick boot in my bios? I tried the following already and the option to enable fast boot never appeared. I pressed F2 during startup, the bois opened then I went to the advanced menu then tried to get into boot and there was no option to click on boot and...
  6. Disabling fast boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling fast boot: How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they...
  7. Turning off Fast Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Fast Boot: Hello, to turn off fast boot enough to turn off it in bios? Or I should do in windows too? (I need to turn that off dont ask) submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiwqb5/turning_off_fast_boot/
  8. fast boot

fast boot: hi I am unable to fast boot my system. I have win 10, 8 gb graphic, ssid still it takes 5 min to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-boot/fe58e21a-8d67-4f71-a956-c56d37860ac2
  9. Fast boot, slow restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast boot, slow restart: Hi, I'm a bit confused: Everytime I power on the computer, it takes about 15 seconds for my Windows 10 to load, that is, from the moment the logo appears on the screen, until the wallpaper shows. However, when i restart, it takes more time to load (about 1 min and 10...
  10. Boot not that fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot not that fast: Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference. First thing is that Hibernation...