Windows 10: black screen on login (still able to input pin)

Discus and support black screen on login (still able to input pin) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all, I just bought this computer a few weeks ago and this problem has been persistent since I've gotten it. sometimes when I login, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sindyburnburn, Sep 10, 2015.

1. black screen on login (still able to input pin)

hi all,

I just bought this computer a few weeks ago and this problem has been persistent since I've gotten it. sometimes when I login, the screen is black or partially black, the rectangle for my pin is still visible however. My screen is touchscreen. I can "erase" the black with my finger and the normal login screen appear underneath. Inputting my pin is no problem and after login I don't see this problem anywhere else. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you.

:)

sindyburnburn, Sep 10, 2015

2. How do you disable the pin authentication on login on Windows 10?

How do I remove the login screen PIN input

LynnFriedman, Sep 10, 2015
  3. My computer's display keeps getting changed on my tv?

After adjusting the tv ratio, I finally was able to see all of the pinned icons at the bottom, but none of the icons on my desktop are still showing. I tried opening the display option with Windows key + P, but I still can't make any windows visible. The
    programs are open, but the only thing it lets me see is the blank desktop. Also, when restarting my computer instead of showing the login screen the screen is completely black.

VictoriaACarter, Sep 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

black screen on login (still able to input pin)

jds63, Sep 10, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    If the computer is an oem, was purchased brand new and had this problem from day one then, well personally, I would RMA it for repair.

WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Sep 10, 2015
  7. I bought it new at the microsoft store. Thanks, I'll bring it up with them and see what they can do.

sindyburnburn, Sep 11, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Check Tablet mode settings, if you have not, then can proceed to that solution.

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. black screen on login (still able to input pin) - Similar Threads - black screen login

2. not able to login in to laptop with my correct PIN login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to login in to laptop with my correct PIN login: i am not able to dell laptop with my login ms account with correct pin it showing as below.this sign in option is disabled because of failed becuae of failed signed in attempts . use different sign in options or keeep power on for 2 hours and tray again,please fix this...
  3. not able to login in to laptop with my correct PIN login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to login in to laptop with my correct PIN login: i am not able to dell laptop with my login ms account with correct pin it showing as below.this sign in option is disabled because of failed becuae of failed signed in attempts . use different sign in options or keeep power on for 2 hours and tray again,please fix this...
  4. "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?: Microsoft keeps throwing up a message saying "We weren't able to set up your pin." There is no way to login even with user and password for a Microsoft account. I already tried to log in and out multiple times. No leads. After the Microsoft account login, there is a message...
  5. "We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?

"We weren't able to set up your pin." Still can't login?: Microsoft keeps throwing up a message saying "We weren't able to set up your pin." There is no way to login even with user and password for a Microsoft account. I already tried to log in and out multiple times. No leads. After the Microsoft account login, there is a message...
  6. Screen is still black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  7. Screen is still black

Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  8. Windows 10 19042.630, cannot input PIN on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 19042.630, cannot input PIN on login screen: Hi there! Since 3 days I am unable to use a pin or password in the Windows 10 login screen. It only work with special characters. Meaning, if I press A I get a special character... Last Windows 10 updates installed around 3 days ago were: [img] To fix this, I need to...
  9. Login screen iam not able to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login screen iam not able to login: Iam not able to login the password bar is not appearing and restart button also not appearing if i press enter the bar is blinking and going help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-screen-iam-not-able-to-login/935d67bf-0bd4-4757-8bb5-47727921f27f
  10. Windows 10 - Black Screen not able to Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Black Screen not able to Login: I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 through Microsoft's updater. I used Windows 10 for setting up my calendar, by the time it restarted and System reboots and ends up in black screen without getting into login page. I tried to perform to open in safe mode of F8 , it didnt...