Windows 10: black screen on login (still able to input pin)

Discus and support black screen on login (still able to input pin) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all, I just bought this computer a few weeks ago and this problem has been persistent since I've gotten it. sometimes when I login, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sindyburnburn, Sep 10, 2015.

1. black screen on login (still able to input pin)

hi all,

I just bought this computer a few weeks ago and this problem has been persistent since I've gotten it. sometimes when I login, the screen is black or partially black, the rectangle for my pin is still visible however. My screen is touchscreen. I can "erase" the black with my finger and the normal login screen appear underneath. Inputting my pin is no problem and after login I don't see this problem anywhere else. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you.

:)

sindyburnburn, Sep 10, 2015

2. How do you disable the pin authentication on login on Windows 10?

How do I remove the login screen PIN input

LynnFriedman, Sep 10, 2015
  3. My computer's display keeps getting changed on my tv?

After adjusting the tv ratio, I finally was able to see all of the pinned icons at the bottom, but none of the icons on my desktop are still showing. I tried opening the display option with Windows key + P, but I still can't make any windows visible. The
    programs are open, but the only thing it lets me see is the blank desktop. Also, when restarting my computer instead of showing the login screen the screen is completely black.

VictoriaACarter, Sep 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

black screen on login (still able to input pin)

jds63, Sep 10, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    If the computer is an oem, was purchased brand new and had this problem from day one then, well personally, I would RMA it for repair.

WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Sep 10, 2015
  7. I bought it new at the microsoft store. Thanks, I'll bring it up with them and see what they can do.

sindyburnburn, Sep 11, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Check Tablet mode settings, if you have not, then can proceed to that solution.

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. black screen on login (still able to input pin) - Similar Threads - black screen login

2. Login and black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login and black screen: Hello, First excuse my poor english. Since WINDOWS 10 1903 update, I noticed following behaviour on both my Deskop and Laptop. 1. When I'm disconnecting, a black screen is displayed during about 75 sec before the welcome screen is displayed. 2. When another session is...
  3. Black Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Login Screen: Good day My laptop is either giving a black screen when I try to log in, or it has a problem booting up. I have tried several solutions and they all failed. I am unable to access the task manager nor any other way I found online. Your help will be greately...
  4. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login screen: Hello everyone. I have recently experienced a problem with Windows 10. Whenever I select Windows 10 (I have dual-boot configuration, the other OS is Ubuntu), it normally boots and I hear the startup sound. I also see the mouse indicator and I can sometimes control it, yet...
  5. Issue with keyboard input on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with keyboard input on login screen: I encountered a really strange issue yesterday - and am not sure how to resolve or fix it. Below is a quick run through: I was laying shadow of the tomb raider when I noticed my keys were playing up and pressing ESC key was suddenly translating to the windows key. I...
  6. Four display inputs = black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Four display inputs = black screen: I have a GTX 1070 with four inputs, two HDMIs and two Displayports. Two of the inputs are my monitors running at 1920x1080p and 1920x1200p. One of the others is a 4k TV and I'm the last was my HTC Vive. For some reason recently my computer doesn't want to let me have four...
  7. Four display inputs = black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Four display inputs = black screen: I have a GTX 1070 with four inputs, two HDMIs and two Displayports. Two of the inputs are my monitors running at 1920x1080p and 1920x1200p. One of the others is a 4k TV and I'm the last was my HTC Vive. For some reason recently my computer doesn't want to let me have four...
  8. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...
  9. Windows 10 - Black Screen not able to Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Black Screen not able to Login: I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 through Microsoft's updater. I used Windows 10 for setting up my calendar, by the time it restarted and System reboots and ends up in black screen without getting into login page. I tried to perform to open in safe mode of F8 , it didnt...
  10. Black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen at login: After I sleep my computer, sometimes the screen is just black with my cursor. I can still do the basic functions like turn brightness down and move my cursor around, but I cannot login or see any graphics. Sleeping again doesn't fix the problem, all I can do is force shut...