Windows 10: black screen with blinking line in upper left corner

Discus and support black screen with blinking line in upper left corner in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running windows 10, from windows 8. Free download. I was usinf Skype, and the sound went off. I tried to restart my desktop, and after upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 123john, Apr 19, 2016.

1. 123john Win User

black screen with blinking line in upper left corner

I am running windows 10, from windows 8. Free download.
    I was usinf Skype, and the sound went off. I tried to restart my desktop, and after upgrade and restart, screen just black with blinking line.
    What to do to repair windows 10?
    Please advice.
    Best regards, John From Denmark

:)

123john, Apr 19, 2016
  2. Birch2016 Win User

Black screen and Blinking curser after upgrade

Original Title: Blinking curser

At first startup after updating to Windows 10 screen is black with curser blinking in upper left corner. No response from mouse or keyboard. What is the solution?

Birch2016, Apr 19, 2016
  3. My windows 10 black screen, white line i upper left corner this morning. What do I do?

My windows 10 black screen, white line i upper left corner this morning. What do I do?

JaniceStoner, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, suggests it's not seeing your disk at all - nothing to boot from.

Check your connections, check your disk - e.g. using a live boot disk or connect it to another PC.

If you can manage to read it again, run chkdsk on it.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Actually looks more like BOOT sector error, if disk wasn't working at all it would ask for "Bootable disk" or something like that depending on BIOS.
    Check BIOS to see if disk(s) are detected.

CountMike, Apr 19, 2016
  6. 123john Win User
    sorry, I need help HOW to do, not WHAT to do.
    live bood disk?? makes no sence to me
    Best regards, John

123john, Apr 19, 2016
  7. 123john Win User
    How to do?
    Check BIOS to see if disk?? are detected. Makes no sence to me.
    Best regards, John

123john, Apr 19, 2016
  8. 123john Win User

Sorry. it does not do any help to me at all.

I do not ask WHAT to do, but HOW to do.
    Best regards, John

123john, Apr 19, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Try this:
    1. Make sure you have Window 10 install disk or bootable medium e.g. flash drive that matches your current Windows build.
    I'll assume it's a DVD.
    2. Open your disk drive if it's a DVD
    3. Insert DVD
    4. Close disk drive
    5. Make sure you know how to get your PC to boot from said DVD
    6. Do a startup repair
    Startup Repair - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If you're very lucky, your problem will be fixed. If not please post back.

But it should tell you if it sees your HDD or not.

If any of the terms I used are unfamiliar to you, Google or other search engine will help.

CAPITALS ARE UNFRIENDLY.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi- depends on the BIOS as you say. My laptop experience is of the _ top left.. no message if no disk.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  11. 123john Win User
    Sorry.
    I do not have any windows 10 disk. I got windows 10 as a free download/upgrade.
    My pc does start up, meaning: black screen with some start up informations as it always has done. After a short period, I have black screen with blinking line (Cursor?) at upper left corner.
    Thanks for your assistance.
    Best regards, John

123john, Apr 19, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. black screen with blinking line in upper left corner - Similar Threads - black screen blinking

2. White line upper left corner before startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    White line upper left corner before startup: Ever since my PC crashed a couple of days ago, before startup, for like 30 seconds it started with like 5-10 seconds, a white line appears on the upper left corner of my screenNon-blinking. My PC does boot normally after this, but I would like to fix it before it won't boot...
  3. Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen: Grey Box showing in upper left corner of screen. Only goes away when I reboot my PC or restart File Explorer. It is annoying to do this every time. Any ways to get rid of it completely?...
  4. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW: How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upper-left-corner-floating-window/c031330f-533b-4473-9577-b25ceca7a946
  5. Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen: So there are these weird gray-blue bars that appear in the upper-left corner of my screen. #2 is by default on top of #1, and is able to be dragged around by mouse, but when you click the screen, it returns to the corner. #1 is not able to be moved, and when it is clicked it...
  6. Extreme upper left corner of monitor

Extreme upper left corner of monitor: At the extreme upper left corner of the screen, there is a tiny white dot. When I put the mouse cursor on it, I get one of those spinning blue "waiting" circles... well, actually only a quarter of one of those as if the top and entire left part of the circle is outside the...
  7. HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.: This morning I turned on the Windows 10 computer, version 1909, and found that the list of commands that spring down from the FILE command in the upper left corner of the screen were completely different from the night before. There are fewer commands and PRINT is not one of...
  8. White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?: [ATTACH] There's some white bar in the corner of my desktop. I've had this issue for a little while, but it's been kinda on and off. I can drag it around sometimes, but I'm trying to right now and nothing's happening. I believe it has something to do with my desktop icons,...
  9. Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with blinking underscore in top left corner: Hi everyone, I was updating my computer, when my power went out unexpectedly. With that in mind, I decided to just leave my computer alone for the night. The next day, I started my pc and was greeted to the ever so lovely black screen with a blinking cursor. All I see is the...
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blinking left corner laptop

2. black screen blinking line

3. windows black screen flashing line in corner

4. black screen windows 10 with flashing line in upper left corner,
  5. monitor is black with a blinking line in the upper left corner