Windows 10: BSOD 0x00000124, HAL.dll, clock_watchdog_timeout, whea uncorrectable

Discus and support BSOD 0x00000124, HAL.dll, clock_watchdog_timeout, whea uncorrectable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! So I have got 2 BSOD while playing. First one said whea uncorrectable error and other one said clock_watchdog_timeout. During that last BSOD it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by qwas789, Sep 5, 2016.

1. qwas789 Win User

BSOD 0x00000124, HAL.dll, clock_watchdog_timeout, whea uncorrectable

Hi! So I have got 2 BSOD while playing. First one said whea uncorrectable error and other one said clock_watchdog_timeout. During that last BSOD it did not create a dumpfile because it stayed at 50% and I had to restart. I have attached logs to this post.

:)

qwas789, Sep 5, 2016
  2. Hopz1010 Win User

BSOD while gamming windows 10

hi ... every time i try to play a game the blue screen of death is show up after a moments of the game starting and system restarts automatically .... the error shown as: (whea uncorrectable error) and this only happens when i open a game.

Caused driver : hal.dll

address : hal.dll+3594f

Bug check code : 0x00000124

Crash address : ntoskrnl.14f570

My laptop descriptions :

toshiba

Processor:

intel(R) CPU B980 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

RAM:

6 GB

System type :

64 bit os ; x64-based processor

Graphic card:

intel(R) HD graphics

Hopz1010, Sep 5, 2016
  3. BSOD - help

So an update to this.

I have managed to fix a number of the errors and get the PC to run relatively smoothly however i have been experiencing the hal.dll and whea
    uncorrectable errors a few more times since fixing the other problems.

Any advice?

James_Edwards_, Sep 5, 2016
  4. qwas789 Win User

Got another BSOD, error code was whea uncorrectable error. Made a new log zip. I also ran memtest for 9 passes, no errors.

qwas789, Sep 6, 2016
  5. qwas789 Win User
    Ran prime95 for 6 and half hours, nothing happened. Any one knows what to do next?

qwas789, Sep 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Sep 6, 2016
  7. qwas789 Win User
    Hi, I clicked Check for updates under windows update. It installed only some windows defender update.

qwas789, Sep 6, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Please follow the tutorial.

You're using Windows 10240 while Windows 14393 has been released for about a month now.

axe0, Sep 6, 2016
  9. qwas789 Win User
    Alright, I have upgraded to the latest windows. What now?

qwas789, Sep 7, 2016
  10. qwas789 Win User
    Alright, it happened again. I was playing World of Warcraft on my main monitor, had twitch open on second monitor. When it happened everything froze and i started hearing this like static humming or noise from my headset until computer collected information on BSOD and restarted. It was whea uncorrectable error again. I have uploaded new log file.

qwas789, Sep 7, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    BSOD 0x00000124, HAL.dll, clock_watchdog_timeout, whea uncorrectable [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

Thema:

1. BSOD 0x00000124, HAL.dll, clock_watchdog_timeout, whea uncorrectable - Similar Threads - BSOD 0x00000124 HAL

2. Whea Uncorrectable BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whea Uncorrectable BSOD: Hello.I am getting Blue screen of death when playing games. or sometimes my pc just restarts without any blue screens. It happens more often in some games. It is a new pc except the 2nd hand power supply. Minidumps: Minidump...
  3. Whea Uncorrectable BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whea Uncorrectable BSOD: Hello.I am getting Blue screen of death when playing games. or sometimes my pc just restarts without any blue screens. It happens more often in some games. It is a new pc except the 2nd hand power supply. Minidumps: Minidump...
  4. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE BSOD: Built a new PC 2 weeks ago. Been getting Whea uncorrectable BSOD since day one. Ram, Psu, storage drives are not broken.Sfc scannow cannot identify the problem. Nobody seems to know the cause....
  5. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE BSOD

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE BSOD: Built a new PC 2 weeks ago. Been getting Whea uncorrectable BSOD since day one. Ram, Psu, storage drives are not broken.Sfc scannow cannot identify the problem. Nobody seems to know the cause....
  6. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE BSOD

7. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: I have this error while playing demanding games, yesterday i was playing The Finals, and this happens with Fifa 23 and others. i will provide minidump, i now did change XMP profile to disabled and see if that works. but i want to be able to have 3200mhzLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT...
  8. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: I have this error while playing demanding games, yesterday i was playing The Finals, and this happens with Fifa 23 and others. i will provide minidump, i now did change XMP profile to disabled and see if that works. but i want to be able to have 3200mhzLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT...
  9. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

10. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After clean install (Whea uncorrectable error)

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After clean install (Whea uncorrectable error): I've recently backed up my data and formatted my SSD to do a fresh install of Windows 10 before the May update. The installation went fine and after it I did the regular stuff that you would expect: downloaded updates for the OS, updated drivers and installed some light...