Windows 10: BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

Discus and support BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dump shows a Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80364a7e2af, ffffcc8053cceab0, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpCreateHandle+3ff )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glenn332, May 11, 2017.

1. Glenn332 Win User

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) An exception happened while executing a system service routine. Arguments: Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg2: fffff80364a7e2af, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg3: ffffcc8053cceab0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.[/quote] In the thread trace I see this:
    Code: ffffcc80`53cce108 fffff80b`67367d67*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e2xw10x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e2xw10x64.sys e2xw10x64+0x7d67[/quote] This belongs to your Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller dated 14/09/2016. You could check to see if there is a newer version available: Support[/quote] Thank you Ztruker, I have updated my E2400 drivers

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions [​IMG]

Glenn332, May 29, 2017
  2. Ztruker Win User

Great, let's hope that resolves this problem.

Ztruker, May 29, 2017
  3. Glenn332 Win User
    Greatly appreciate you still taking the time to help me after a few weeks or so *Smile

Glenn332, May 29, 2017
  4. Glenn332 Win User

Hello Ztruker, today I had another service exception bsod, I have attached the logs, Hopefully you can tell me why I got another one.
    Attachment 138430

Glenn332, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Unfortunately nothing in the dump helps identify the cause of the problem.

There are some tests you can run to see if anything shows.

1. Test your RAM
    2. Stress test your CPU
    3. Stress test your GPU
    4. Try Driver Verifier again

I'll include the info on how to run these here.

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

For the CPU and GPU tests, make sure you monitor the temps.

Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to
    PART TWO
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.

I also see that the dates and times of drivers in drivers.txt included in the zip file are all whacked up. Here is a sample from drivers.txt. Can you check some of the actual files to see what their dates and times look like?

Code: 10/12/2006 22:44:38 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\1394ohci.sys 19/05/2015 00:28:03 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\3ware.sys 09/12/1975 12:17:08 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ACPI.sys 07/12/1993 12:22:19 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\AcpiDev.sys C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\acpiex.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\acpipagr.sys 20/11/2006 03:20:15 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\acpipmi.sys 09/02/1974 13:10:30 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\acpitime.sys 09/04/2015 22:49:48 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ADP80XX.SYS C:\Windows\system32\drivers\afd.sys 29/07/2004 06:52:50 C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ahcache.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdk8.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdppm.sys 14/05/2015 14:14:52 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdsata.sys 11/12/2012 22:21:44 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdsbs.sys 01/05/2015 02:55:35 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\amdxata.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\appid.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\applockerfltr.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\AppvStrm.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\AppvVemgr.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\AppvVfs.sys 09/04/2015 21:12:07 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\arcsas.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\asyncmac.sys 28/11/2000 00:57:51 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys 25/05/2016 09:03:08 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bxvbda.sys C:\Windows\system32\drivers\BasicDisplay.sys 01/06/2011 19:04:19 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\BasicRender.sys 01/11/2016 03:09:15 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bcmfn2.sys[/quote]

Ztruker, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Glenn332 Win User
    Hereby a list of a few of the drivers, as you can see the creation dates are from this year.

Snaggy - easy screenshots

Next I will do the memtest

Update:
    I may have found the problem but im not quite sure what to do next.
    Attachment 138525

Glenn332, Jun 7, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Follow the instructions in the tutorial: Part Three: Results & Extended Testing

As for the dates. I've since found out this is the new "normal" due to our friends at Microsoft. Almost sounds like the tool we use to collect this driver info is broken. Thanks for checking those dates.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions - Similar Threads - BSOD caused ntoskrnl

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: I've done a fair amount of troubleshooting on this and can't figure out what's going on. To start with, here are the .dmp files and msinfo32, along with system specs:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Jh11E0U3KTjnUm6PWVA5bxw...
  6. BSOD Ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Ntoskrnl: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApjRkNasl_IylVCIFjFo4kVnrnm6?e=R7Hrar Link to minidump Now i've ran every memory test. i've done sfc, CHKDSK sfc. memtest86 and memory diagnostic all passed with no issues i've updated through device manager and i'm up to date on everything included...
  7. ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...

ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp problems - causing Very frequent BSOD: System Service Exception. How...: Hi, I am new here. Been trying to get to the bottom of my infuriating problem with my laptop. Frequent BSODs, usually when the laptop has had a chance to go idle for a bit, never when an intensive program is running. I downloaded WhoCrashed and got the following reports...
  8. Ntoskrnl BSOD

Ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, Any ideas how I can stop ntoskrnl.exe of causing blue screens? It happens every few days while I am playing games on steam Here are my dumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7Kwdh1341_R2psC5NVUoETVBtqC_QlP/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
  10. BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL

BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL: Hello, I've been having an issue this past week whenever my computer restarts (seems to be from Windows Updates) I come back to a Bad Pool Header BSOD. I was able to get it stopped by uninstalling Avast and doing a Clean Boot. After about 2 hours of restarting and just adding...