Windows 10: BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

Discus and support BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The minidump shows that it is a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) There is no sign of which driver might be causing it. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by duderox123, Jan 22, 2017.

1. philc43 Win User

BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

The minidump shows that it is a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

There is no sign of which driver might be causing it.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017

2. Another BSOD, this time it's different

This time the whole computer freezes and i get a WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION BSOD

Attachment 118254

Also another kernel security check failure

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  3. philc43 Win User
    The analysis shows that you still have Bit defender drivers causing problems. gzflt.sys is from Bit Defender. Please completely uninstall Bit Defender.

Code: BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for gzflt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for gzflt.sys Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+46470 )[/quote]

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  4. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

[/quote] Ok I deleted Bitdefender and I am now using Windows Defender as you asked.

I'm not confident this will work though.

Any clues for it being the hardware?

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  5. 2 New BSOD's...

Both of them are Kernal security check failures....

Attachment 118347

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    The new BSOD information:

First one has a reference to the graphics driver misbehaving again.

Code: fffff801`bbbac628 fffff808`20cc1efcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3f929cc119e3b994\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0xd1efc[/quote]
    The second is less clear but may be hardware related - I tend to think it is still a driver causing this but you have nothing to lose by testing aspects of your hardware.

Code: BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd200251b56a0, ffffd200251b55f8, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] If you want to test the memory:

BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  7. More BSOD errors..

This time its happening more frequently:

Attachment 118353

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  8. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

Attachment 118357

2 more BSODS.....

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    Run the diagnostic test for the memory overnight. If that does not indicate any problems then you need to run Driver Verifier to try and find which driver is causing the problem. This will stress your system and you must follow the warnings to make backups and restore points.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

If you suspect a driver is causing a problem but do not have a clear idea which one it is then Driver Verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or until you have a bluescreen, whichever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset driver verifier from within safe mode, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017

10. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu [​IMG]
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

If you suspect a driver is causing a problem but do not have a clear idea which one it is then Driver Verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or until you have a bluescreen, whichever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset driver verifier from within safe mode, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Startup settings is missing when I press F8

I cannot go to safe mode. Is there a way to make it reappear again?

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  12. I enabled driver verifier and got no BSOD'S except from the usual one.

the KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE one.

I will be testing my memcheck ONCE AGAIN soon.
    Attachment 118396

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  13. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

I just received an: IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

And the cause is amd_sata.sys

What should I do?

duderox123, Jan 23, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    The advice still stands that you need to check things in a logical order. We are still waiting for you to run the memory test.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  15. After 31 hours of memtest, I have achieved 9 passes and 0 errors.

It's not the RAM.

duderox123, Jan 25, 2017
Thema:

BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

1. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu - Similar Threads - BSOD errors installed

2. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  3. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  4. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  5. BSOD after installing new CPU

BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  6. BSOD after installing new CPU

7. BSOD after install of new CPU

BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  8. BSOD after install of new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  9. BSOD after installation of new cpu

BSOD after installation of new cpu: I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd installed the new cpu my system went into a series of error messages*KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*KERNEL SECURITY CHECK...
  10. BSOD After Installing New GPU

BSOD After Installing New GPU: Switched from Nvidia GPU to AMD. Ran DDU to clear drivers before installing new GPU. Now getting BSOD every 15-30 minutes. Never had BSOD on this machine before. No issue reinstalling Win if I need to, just want to make sure it's not an issue with the new GPU. Win10 v1909 OS...