Windows 10: BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

Discus and support BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Let me recap on the findings so far. Your system gives a BSOD in safe mode so we know that it is likely to be a problem with hardware or may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by duderox123, Jan 22, 2017.

1. philc43 Win User

BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

Let me recap on the findings so far. Your system gives a BSOD in safe mode so we know that it is likely to be a problem with hardware or may have something to do with the new components you added to your motherboard. You have just done a reinstall of Windows so that will have sorted out any corrupt OS files. We have checked RAM and found no faults, we have verified your power supply is OK and presumably was a new one you replaced the original with.

You have still to test the CPU and the GPU.

CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu [​IMG]
    Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Hopefully your PC will run for long enough to complete the tests. Let us know if the tests reveal any problems with the CPU or GPU.

philc43, Jan 30, 2017

2. GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Hopefully your PC will run for long enough to complete the tests. Let us know if the tests reveal any problems with the CPU or GPU.
    GPU: Tested for 39 minutes and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

CPU: Went to 96 degrees and I was worried so I stopped it 4 minutes later. Don't know if it will damage the CPU

duderox123, Jan 31, 2017
  3. duderox123, Jan 31, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

That is hot and suggests the CPU could be overheating during normal use which is a well known cause of BSOD events. When you installed the CPU did you apply new thermal paste? Do you have good cooling and are all your system fans working and heatsinks free from dust build-up?

philc43, Jan 31, 2017
  5. I reapplied thermal paste and used a air duster to clean my cooler. I cannot get a new cooler because they don't sell ones that are screw ins. It is about 50 degrees IDLE

duderox123, Jan 31, 2017
  6. My mobo:
    Attachment 119385

duderox123, Jan 31, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    50°C is too hot for an idle state. For comparison mine runs at around 31/32°C when idle and I do not have any special cooling just the standard fan that came with the processor.

I would expect you should be able to get a cooler to fit; have you tried searching on Google for CPU coolers compatible with the Orchid-S motherboard? You may need to use a bracket adapter but it should be possible.

philc43, Jan 31, 2017
  8. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

I cannot find a bracket at all or any cooler related to the orchid-s motherboard. All that comes up is flowers.

duderox123, Jan 31, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    Here is some feedback from a guy who bought an Arctic Cooler:

So basically he just found some screws of the right size that worked.

philc43, Jan 31, 2017
  10. But even if I do this and it still causes BSOD's, it will be a waste of time and money. I need to find the true cause before doing any of this.

duderox123, Jan 31, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    Keeping the CPU cool is important. Sometimes BSOD analysis and troubleshooting does not give a definitive answer. I will bow out of this thread now and maybe someone else will have other ideas for you.

philc43, Jan 31, 2017
  12. duderox123, Feb 1, 2017
  13. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu

duderox123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD errors when I installed new cpu + gpu - Similar Threads - BSOD errors installed

2. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  3. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  4. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  5. BSOD after installing new CPU

BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  6. BSOD after installing new CPU

7. BSOD after install of new CPU

BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  8. BSOD after install of new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  9. BSOD after installation of new cpu

BSOD after installation of new cpu: I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd installed the new cpu my system went into a series of error messages*KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*KERNEL SECURITY CHECK...
  10. BSOD After Installing New GPU

BSOD After Installing New GPU: Switched from Nvidia GPU to AMD. Ran DDU to clear drivers before installing new GPU. Now getting BSOD every 15-30 minutes. Never had BSOD on this machine before. No issue reinstalling Win if I need to, just want to make sure it's not an issue with the new GPU. Win10 v1909 OS...