Windows 10: BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle

Discus and support BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting a lot of bsod's very frequently also usually when i browse the internet or leave it idle or while watching YouTube. My gpu has also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nelter Helter, Aug 5, 2016.

1. BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle

I've been getting a lot of bsod's very frequently also usually when i browse the internet or leave it idle or while watching YouTube. My gpu has also crashed and i have receive multiple graphics card crashing and fixing itself errors in windows 10. I also noticed that when the bsod happens there is a continuous audio loop/fast stud-er of whatever was playing during the bsod. I also noticed that i wont get a bsod for a long time if im in a skype call or while playing video games very weird please help me been tormented by this bsod at first i thought it might be a hardware problem either i might have to switch my psu or gpu but it doesnt seem to happen when playing videogames.

:)

Nelter Helter, Aug 5, 2016

2. PC keeps crashing during gaming (Kernel-Power: Event ID 41 Task Category 63)

Had another BSOD there while playing Rome 2 Total War.

'Kernel Security Check Failure'

Pugzilla69, Aug 5, 2016
  3. After "Kernel Security Check Failure" error, one application got incredibly slow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are getting kernel security check failure error.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions by Vinodh_Kumar V replied on October 24, 2015 and check if that helps.

Kernel security check failure BSOD on Windows 10

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 5, 2016
  4. BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle

I even switch ram thinking it was a memory issue but thats been debunked i have also scf scanned in admin prompt and came up with no errors. I did however receive some gpu drivers in a windows update when i recently reinstalled windows. Also i thought it was an audio issue because of the continuous looping stud-er i get when i blue screen and thought about how i don't receive a blue screen for a while in skype when talking to people so i set the computer to listen to the microphone constantly and it seems to work a little but i still receive blue screens occasionally i can't even make anymore youtube videos!*cry

5. I also disabled all power options relating to sleep and idling to see if those were the cause i even went into the device manager and manually disabled keyboard mouse and network drivers from waking computer. I also shut off hardware acceleration.

6. My amd radeon settings application updated the gpu drivers to the latest ones like last week but i received the amd gaming evolved app and plays.tv along with it and im not sure if these could cause anytype of bsod.

7. Ztruker Win User
    The first thing I see is you are way, way back level on Windows Updates. You are still at the 10240 level. The current version is 14393.51 which is the Anniversary version plus a couple Windows updates. Please upgrade to the Anniversary version and apply updates, then see how things are.

Download Windows 10 This will get you the Anniversary update version which is 14393.0 1607

Ztruker, Aug 14, 2016
  8. BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle

ok thank you for replying to my post i am currently installing the latest update will check back if I get any further problems

Nelter Helter, Aug 15, 2016
  9. also i just noticed but i never get any blue screens if I have my mic being listended to constantly and at a loud volume.

10. Had a new bsod even after windows update here are dump files.*Smile

11. Ztruker Win User
    All the previous dumps were BugCheck 139. This one is BugCheck 1.

Most likely cause is a device driver but no clue which one yet. Time to turn on Driver Verifier and see if that can narrow it down for us.

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle [​IMG]
    PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Aug 15, 2016
  12. New bsod after driver verifier here is dump*Smile

Nelter Helter, Aug 16, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle

Though Driver Verifier was enabled, the dump wasn't triggered by it. It was identical to the other kernel security bug 139 checks.

Lets try stressing your CPU and then GPU. If that doesn't yield results that help id the problem, test your PC ram.

Turn off Driver Verifier before doing these tests.

Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Information

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Aug 17, 2016
  14. Did both stress test on cpu and gpu test came back with no errors the hotest my gpu got to was 73C and i know my ram isnt the issue because i've switched them alot thinking that was the problem. I will be leaving the driver verifier on for a day and will come back to you with and future issues.

Nelter Helter, Aug 17, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle

1. BSOD kernel security check failure while browsing internet or idle - Similar Threads - BSOD kernel security

2. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: I have been getting multiple BSODs with different error codes however Kernel Security Check Failure is the most common one it all started after playing a game and my pc would just turn off randomly so i updated my gpu drivers then shortly after that i then started to get the...
  3. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1shdaI70dQ45G3LinLdR4W9YuhHRFt7Ur?usp=sharingRecently I got a few BSOD that I didn't know what caused those errors, could you please check these BSOD reports and tell me what caused the error and how I fix them?The most recent is the...
  4. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  5. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help me to solve this problem with BSOD, I caught this error several times, below info of the error: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 139 Parameter 1: 3 Parameter 2: ffffa78ddecf6f70 Parameter 3: ffffa78ddecf6ec8 Parameter 4: 0 OS version:...
  6. BSOD kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD kernel security check failure: hii am getting bsod these days, and i didnt get a chance to take a picture of the bsod. however i saw a kernel security check failure below.i went to event viewer to have a look and this is what i got:please kindly help with providing a solution. thanks....
  7. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please help! Been having BSOD recurring frequently. I have the analyzed minidump file from the crashes today. It is a Kernel Security Check Failure. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially...
  8. Kernel Security check failure and other random BSODs when idle or surfing Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel Security check failure and other random BSODs when idle or surfing Internet: Hi, just got a new pc built up (less than 1 month old). Things run fine but occasionally I get BSOD . Previous rig prebuilt by asus did not get a single bsod in 5 years of usage so quite surprised here. BSODs occurring randomly include kernel security check failure, driver...
  9. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure: Please analyze this for me thank you https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amnc9jXg-jkcasMHT45_Cw-OH5c?e=eGrOCn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-kernel-security-check-failure/cce9b940-dff4-404a-b152-0387385d191d
  10. Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure"

Bsod: "kernel-security-check-failure": Hello everyone! I've exhausted all of my options and am turning to the knowledgeable people here for some help. Lately, I've noticed a severe dip in performance on my brand new LENOVO Y 50-70. I've also been experiencing BSODs with the same error each time. There's no true...