Windows 10: BSOD -- Kernel Security, No file name. 64bit AMD Desktop

Discus and support BSOD -- Kernel Security, No file name. 64bit AMD Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attachment 88025 Thats what I'm dealing with. I'm to the point of ripping my hair out. I can play Overwatch (The most demanding game my PC runs on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AhMyGod, Jul 2, 2016.

1. AhMyGod Win User

BSOD -- Kernel Security, No file name. 64bit AMD Desktop

Attachment 88025
    Thats what I'm dealing with. I'm to the point of ripping my hair out.
    I can play Overwatch (The most demanding game my PC runs on high settings) and never get one BSOD. Yet as soon as I stop its like a plague of them takes over and happen at the most random times. Idle/Facebook/Any other games will still allow a BSOD to happen. Only Overwatch doesn't get interrupted. So I'm totally confused at this point. I've reinstalled 10 3 times now because I was practically locked out of my system, Re-did my drivers one by one and waited. I've followed like 20 different instructions on fixes, used verifier. Blah blah blah, So this is why I'm making an entirely different thread and posting above pic. I even updated Qualcomm's driver because it seemed like "network" was all corrupt in the images, but for all I know it could be multiple things!

Edit: Originally this PC was a HAF Coolmaster Radeon A6-6400k. I replaced the 6400k with an A10-7890k, and thats when most of the issues decided to take shape aswell. I'm sure this is important information, I totally forgot to include lol. Also since doing multiple reinstalls of Windows because I couldnt access Windows, my PC also runs at a much higher temp. Originally was 55-65c Now its more along the lines of 68-78c. Also downloading things triggers a BSOD more than anything. So if my picture isn't enough info and a files needed, I guess I'll have to deal with getting crashed a couple times.

:)

AhMyGod, Jul 2, 2016
  2. Bud$ Win User

Is there a Fully Up-to-Date download of Windows 10 available?

Thanks for the reply, Sumit.

Unfortunately, there is no driver name on the BSOD, it just says "Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP". I checked the C: drive and there are no hidden files named Setupmem.dmp. Would this file only be there immediately after rebooting from the BSOD?

Bud$, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Suddenly Crash After Windows 10 Update 16299, Please Help

HP

AMD A6-9220 Radeon R4

8GB

Windows 10 pro 64bit

Daily crash without BSOD!

Dump file:

020818-39843-01.dmp

BorisTraljić, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jul 2, 2016
  5. AhMyGod Win User
    Attachment 88555

DMP files. Holiday's took me a bit to respond.

AhMyGod, Jul 5, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    First thing I noticed is you are way behind in updates. You are at the 10240 level, the current is 10586.420.
    Please apply all Windows Updates, seeif that makes any difference. Meanwhile I'll take a look at the dumps, see if anything shows.

Ztruker, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    The A10-7890k is a APU so you replaced a GPU with a APU (CPU with a built in video chip).

You are also running with Driver Verifier enabled which is not a good idea unless you are specifically trying to shake out driver problems.
    Code: 3: kd> !verifier Verify Flags Level 0x0008892b STANDARD FLAGS: [X] (0x00000000) Automatic Checks [X] (0x00000001) Special pool [X] (0x00000002) Force IRQL checking [X] (0x00000008) Pool tracking [ ] (0x00000010) I/O verification [X] (0x00000020) Deadlock detection [ ] (0x00000080) DMA checking [X] (0x00000100) Security checks [X] (0x00000800) Miscellaneous checks [ ] (0x00020000) DDI compliance checking ADDITIONAL FLAGS: [ ] (0x00000004) Randomized low resources simulation [ ] (0x00000200) Force pending I/O requests [ ] (0x00000400) IRP logging [ ] (0x00002000) Invariant MDL checking for stack [ ] (0x00004000) Invariant MDL checking for driver [X] (0x00008000) Power framework delay fuzzing [ ] (0x00040000) Systematic low resources simulation [X] (0x00080000) DDI compliance checking (additional) [ ] (0x00200000) NDIS/WIFI verification [ ] (0x00800000) Kernel synchronization delay fuzzing [ ] (0x01000000) VM switch verification [X] Indicates flag is enabled Summary of All Verifier Statistics RaiseIrqls 0xbf0fe AcquireSpinLocks 0xaa2886 Synch Executions 0x28151 Trims 0x4a38a Pool Allocations Attempted 0x5eb91b Pool Allocations Succeeded 0x5eb91b Pool Allocations Succeeded SpecialPool 0x5eb91b Pool Allocations With NO TAG 0x0 Pool Allocations Failed 0x0 Current paged pool allocations 0x178d for 00BE5582 bytes Peak paged pool allocations 0x443d for 027DE19A bytes Current nonpaged pool allocations 0x3aa1 for 0064E3C8 bytes Peak nonpaged pool allocations 0xb255 for 008A3420 bytes[/quote] Nothing helpful in the 7/5 11:49PM dump. Verifier enabled.
    Nothing helpful in the 7/5 11:05PM dump. Verifier enabled.
    Nothing helpful in the 7/5 01:10AM dump. Verifier enabled.
    Nothing helpful in the 7/5 12:45AM dump. Verifier enabled.

Looks like there is a BIOS update for your systemboard to version 2.30:
    ASRock > FM2A75M Pro4+

Definitely disable Driver Verifier for now, see how the system runs.

You might also look at doing a Clean Boot, see is that makes any difference. If the BSODs stop then something is starting at boot that is causing the problem, so follow the directions below.

See here: How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

If none of that helps, time to check your RAM and try stressing the CPU and GPU/APU.

RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD -- Kernel Security, No file name. 64bit AMD Desktop [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:

FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

Ztruker, Jul 6, 2016
  8. AhMyGod Win User

I am eternally grateful for you taking the time to assist me, I will update you as soon as I finish all these things.

Also everytime im attempting updates, I get slaughtered by blue screens before they complete.

AhMyGod, Jul 6, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Try doing a Clean Boot as I mentioned above then try Windows Update from there.

Ztruker, Jul 6, 2016
  10. AhMyGod Win User
    So everything was running great for a while, but I was still having minor issues thats why I never marked this as solved. I have done everything so far and figured I'd drop another diagnostic to see if something new is the issue, since everything else passed. I'm sorry to take up time again but I'm having errors constantly, Kernel Security Errors again and only that for the most part.Attachment 91393 If you could take a look, it would be greatly appreciated.

AhMyGod, Jul 21, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    What you uploaded is the same thing you uploaded a couple weeks ago, nothing now.
    Run DM_Log_collector again and upload that zip file.

Have you applied all updates yet?

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2016
  12. AhMyGod Win User
    Yeah everythings updated and I could have sworn that was the new one. This one I made sure 100% its new. When i did a re-check for updates, all that popped up was a defender update that I grabbed. Attachment 91813

AhMyGod, Jul 23, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

I just noticed you are apparently running a counterfit installation of Windows 10 Home.

Please install a genuine copy of Windows and activate it.

If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you once this install is confirmed .

We fully realize that everyone with an illegal installation is not always aware of this. Some have shops who work on their computer or who reinstall windows for them only to find out when they come here that it is illegal. They paid for a legal copy, but wound up with a counterfeit one. The ones who bought from eBay, (or other online sources or were ripped off).

We are always prepared to work with users once they are fully legal

You may also report this type of thing to Microsoft who have been known to assist victims in the past.

Ztruker, Jul 23, 2016
  14. AhMyGod Win User
    Microsoft actually wouldn't let me renew my license in store, the store was totally broken. When i formatted like...... 3 weeks ago? or so, right before this thread, so I went on another forum and had to UNLOCK my windows just so i could do all the updates and what not. Win10 was still free at that point. So how exactly do I go about this? I used everything from the Microsoft to actually Re-INSTALL windows 10. I just couldn't activate it, lets make that clear lol. It is entirely un-pirated/non-third party.

AhMyGod, Jul 24, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Windows 10 is still free *Smile

Renew license? Since when is renewal of a license required, except for enterprise?

Thema:

1. BSOD -- Kernel Security, No file name. 64bit AMD Desktop - Similar Threads - BSOD Kernel Security

2. BSOD: Security Kernel Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Security Kernel Failure: Hi,After a recent windows update, I've been facing a BSOD. I've installed the updates KB5029331 and KB5029847. Previously I received BSODs constantly after installing KB5029847 but I have rolled back the update and put it on pause. I have further uninstalled KB5029847 and my...
  3. BSOD: Security Kernel Failure

BSOD: Security Kernel Failure: Hello,I've been facing constant BSODs for a few days. Here are the steps I've taken.1 Updated windows and my drivers. I've also gone through DDU to reinstall my graphic drivers as well as MyAsus to update Asus related drivers.2 Ran the memory diagnostic tool and memtest86 and...
  4. BSOD with kernel secure error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with kernel secure error: dump file is here: 051823-23578-01.dmpDoes this mean it's the apple music crashing my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-with-kernel-secure-error/91edd014-fc0f-418f-9512-0cdb17907f1f
  5. BSOD with kernel secure error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with kernel secure error: dump file is here: 051823-23578-01.dmpDoes this mean it's the apple music crashing my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-with-kernel-secure-error/91edd014-fc0f-418f-9512-0cdb17907f1f
  6. Kernel security bsod

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel security bsod: I recently experienced a kernel security check bsod. I restarted my computer and ran the sfc scannow feature and it said it fixed a file. Does this mean my issue is fixed or do I need to go more in depth? If so, what do I do next? Any help would be appreciated! submitted by...
  7. Kernel Security Failure BSOD

Kernel Security Failure BSOD: Hey, I got a kernel security failure bsod for some time and none of the solutions did work. I couldn't find the exact problem. If anyone can analyze this problem and give me a solution i'll be glad. Here is my minidump file:...
  8. kernel security check bsod

kernel security check bsod: Hello, i recently bought this pc from my brother, upgraded cpu and replaced psu for a better one(no change). Apparently it happens usually at the start up, and this is the first time it happened to me 162618
  9. Kernel security BSOD

Kernel security BSOD: I have been getting many BSOD with the same error code help please. Here are the .dmp files that have been generated. Thank you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntl-lxMp2Zkaqw0VJDBLjoF4meq3NKeM/view?usp=sharing...
  10. Lots of bsod kernel security check failure amd a-10 7870k

Lots of bsod kernel security check failure amd a-10 7870k: i have multiple bsods a day and its really starting to tick me off please help Attachment 46713 29014