Windows 10: BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) -- Please help debug files incl.

Discus and support BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) -- Please help debug files incl. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting a BSOD crash with the error BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP After this i updated to Version 1903 of windows and ran various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by R0bert0r, Nov 3, 2019.

1. R0bert0r Win User

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) -- Please help debug files incl.

I have been getting a BSOD crash with the error
    BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

After this i updated to Version 1903 of windows and ran various antivirus programs and updated all my drivers.

Attached is the text from windbg(64)

Im not sure the meaning of the error codes and would like some assistance in analysing the output to find the issue.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

regards,

Rob

:)

R0bert0r, Nov 3, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD (Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_TRAP)

A start would be providing me the required information, see post #2

axe0, Nov 3, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

I'll post some tests for other components, but this is pretty much as far as it can go regarding software tests for hardware.

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) -- Please help debug files incl. [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Three: GPU Stress Test

ONE
    CPU TEST

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) -- Please help debug files incl. arrow.png
    Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO
    HDD TEST

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) -- Please help debug files incl. arrow.png
    Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    1. Short Drive Self Test
    2. Short generic
    3. Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

THREE
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

axe0, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Haynesk Win User

DLL FILE DEBUG

For some reason I cannot register a .dll file. I've verified the file path but it fails. What steps to debug the file??

Haynesk, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f) -- Please help debug files incl. - Similar Threads - BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP Please

2. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Hi, I had a bluescreen with the error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP win32kbase.sysI tried to read the Dump, but i dont fount the issue, if is a HW issue or a application wo cause this.Here you can findt the Dump of the BSOD: LUZ-EM-G3331PC1_MEMORY.DMPI Hope you can help me to...
  3. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Hi, I had a bluescreen with the error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP win32kbase.sysI tried to read the Dump, but i dont fount the issue, if is a HW issue or a application wo cause this.Here you can findt the Dump of the BSOD: LUZ-EM-G3331PC1_MEMORY.DMPI Hope you can help me to...
  4. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help: Hi,I have this error daily. Thanks for help.Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRJVvi3j5NGm8rlpSCQgwzPh-LSEqWxn/view?usp=sharingChris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpectedkernelmodetrap-7f-need-help/406763e6-6458-48d3-aa3e-7a8d6a4239b7
  5. BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help

BSOD - UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f Need Help: Hi,I have this error daily. Thanks for help.Dump File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRJVvi3j5NGm8rlpSCQgwzPh-LSEqWxn/view?usp=sharingChris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-unexpectedkernelmodetrap-7f-need-help/406763e6-6458-48d3-aa3e-7a8d6a4239b7
  6. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT, can't find the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT, can't find the issue: Hey!I upgraded hardware in the autumn of last year, and things went smoothly for months. However during recent months, I have had a few 3-4 times over the last six months instances of the screen freezing, turning black, then the PC restarting. It only happens during gaming,...
  7. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Can you please help me debugging this, i really needs to know what's giving me this BSOD.I've update a bunch of drivers lately, and now im unable to detect which one is giving me this BSOD.Kind regardsDEBUG PLS.rar...
  8. BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f

BLUE SCREEN UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f: Can you please help me debugging this, i really needs to know what's giving me this BSOD.I've update a bunch of drivers lately, and now im unable to detect which one is giving me this BSOD.Kind regardsDEBUG PLS.rar...
  9. BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP help

BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP help: MY computer has been restarting on its own at least once a day by BSOD with the message of UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. after the windows 11 update. I've researched for it for a long time but none of them seemed to work properly. Please help with this urgent issue!...
  10. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f win32kbase.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 7f win32kbase.sys BSOD: Hi, I had a bluescreen while streaming and looked into the log and googled followed https://www.****/knowledge/win32kbase-sys-blue-screen-error-fixed/ steps. Now I fixed corrupted windows10 system files but Im still not 100% sure what caused it. I was thinking because of...